Does Anyone Support David Cameron's 'Austerity'? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Does Anyone Support David Cameron's 'Austerity'?

Yes he's made a rod for his own back there. It's not practical at all

However, on another point , I don't denigrate him for having had an education. I detest this reverse snobbery because someone speaks with a clear non yob Accent.

Lads, this ain't no ordinary recession going on here, its a ticking time bomb that will explode all economies, our current balance after goods in and soending is £-60billion, yes £-60billion and the debt is growing and borrowing is increasing to manage the debt and so on

There is no way out of this great depression starting here, by 2015/2016 we will see harder times than we ever have, so don't bother blaming any of the tofee nose runts on what they should do, they are just papering over cracks that will only last so long

and yet the funniest thing is .... come the next election the same sheep will vote labour who got us into this situation, happens every time labour bankrupts the country, tories come along and put it right and get slagged off for doing so.

Spot on badger. Things will get straightened out, we'll get the economy back on track, and once we are in a strong position idiots will vote in Labour again and the 'boom and bust' cycle will continue.

The catch 22 situation I think we are in now is that if we recover from here the cycle goes on, if we struggle some more and the situation gets worse then obviously people will suffer more. But, the more we struggle the more likely some serious changes will be made, important changes that most people want but are currently biting their lips over. Immigration, the future of the NHS, the armed forces and expenditure on war. All prime areas to target for cost savings, but all taboo topics where people daren't speak out.

exactly james and heres a question for the forum ....

why does the nhs the 4th biggest employers in the world? think about it, its crazy!! but like james says, every reform to change it will be either blocked or the government to chicken as seen as the killers of it.

The fundamental driving force behind this recession is the price and scarcity of oil. The Banker's didn't cause it - they didn't help and they were allowed to get away with blue murder. But the main issue is the price of energy. Until we introduce a cheap alternative - and there are a number on the cusp of becoming mainstream - the price of oil will strangle growth.

There has to be a change to the way that we measure our 'value' as a country. GDP is outdated as you cannot continue to grow economically at the cost of the Earth's limited resources. Back to a feudal way of life I reckon!

In answer to the question. We just couldn't keep on throwing money at the problem. I'm not sure if this is the fairest way of containing costs but I'm not clever enough to suggest a viable alternative. The firightening thing is that we are only looking at slowing the rate at which our national debt is growing. We can't get anywhere near reducing it from the £1 trillion. Quite scary really!

Found it! This was something that I saw towards the end of last year. Puts it all into perspective.

The irrelevance of the “more taxes / less cuts” way out of recession was typified last week by Rachel Reeves, Labour’s Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury. She said that the increased taxes from the planned January 2013 3p-a-litre rise in fuel duty should be stopped, and the money raised instead by clamping down on known tax avoidance loopholes.

Thanks for that one Rachel – in fact, the £650m to be raised, either way, would actually pay for just under five days of the interest the UK Government is paying on its £1.2 Trillion (thousand million) debt (correct at the time of writing, it’s rising at a rate of £117M every day, or £1,354 every second.

Isn’t that rather frightening? And also very interesting, as it should, because that figure relates only to the interest we are having to pay – it doesn’t even begin to touch the body of the debt itself. The fact is that we can raise all the company and wealth taxes as we wish, there will never be enough money to clear it – unless of course we simply closed down all companies, and made the richest 100,000 people homeless. And I am not so sure that would work either, as we would have far more unemployed to support.

OK, let’s turn to cuts. As there is actually no such thing as Government money – only our money – let’s start to reduce that £700bn of annual UK public expenditure. When my daughter comes home from school and I ask “what did you do at school today” she replies, “nothing.” So, let’s get rid of all schools, indeed, all education in the UK. that should help. Yes, £92BN. Now, just another 1.110TR to go. OK, let’s stop all healthcare and close down all hospitals – that’s another £121.3BN. Excellent, we are down to £1TN. Now…

The bottom line fact is that we as a United Kingdom will never tax or cut our way out of debt – and neither will any other country in the world – ever.

It's not a recession it's a robbery. It's all about the banks but the blame has been shifted onto welfare, the housing market or the plebs not living within their means. It is text book smoke and mirrors.

It's all about the criminal banksters. They are committing mass theft and fraud all across Europe and the spineless corrupt politicians use public money to bail them out.

They have completely controlled the context of the debate and got everybody talking about welfare and all the rest of it.

badge73 - 3/4/2013 09:04

and yet the funniest thing is .... come the next election the same sheep will vote labour who got us into this situation, happens every time labour bankrupts the country, tories come along and put it right and get slagged off for doing so.

Never voted Labour and never will

Wurzel - 2/4/2013 22:31

Are you Di Canio in reality Fear?

I've re-read my post. I don't see where I've been fascist?! lol

Or did you mean Italian and brilliant at football?

No to all three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trekker - 2/4/2013 22:39

Yes he's made a rod for his own back there. It's not practical at all

However, on another point , I don't denigrate him for having had an education. I detest this reverse snobbery because someone speaks with a clear non yob Accent.

The guy that challenged him has ended up an 'interesting' character eh!?

kefkat - 3/4/2013 11:52

badge73 - 3/4/2013 09:04

Never voted Labour and never will

Hopefully anyone who voted staunchly for Tony Blair will be too ashamed to vote labour at the next election. That or still busy washing the blood off their hands from 7/7

What we really need is for the restraint of the liberals in this coalition to be removed, so the Conservative party get really get on with the tasks in hand.

Won't happen Jim. They couldn't get voted in properly despite a hugely unpopular Labour party. After the unpopular decisions being made now, it isn't going to increase their popularity, unless they bring in the buffoon Boris and people go for the joke vote.

The counter balance of the coalition is better than having a minority government in my humble, it could have been a real mess instead of just a mess!

And it will be a mess whoever is voted in sadly.