Does any one realy have any idea of who is taking us over how rich are they | Page 4 | Vital Football

Does any one realy have any idea of who is taking us over how rich are they

king_dezeeuw06 - The Wigan Athletic Academy is a Category 3 Academy.
Downgraded not long after the the Premier League Elite Player Performance Plan (the big clubs allowed to poach players for bugger all plan) came into being.
Previous talk of Cat 2 and Cat 1 status has not been possible due to lacking certain facilities. The indoor facility being one ... although there was a sniff of one appearing in the near future.

Well I never expected to see Jack Ma mentioned in relation to this. If he is involved in any way then we could be looking at some serious, serious, money coming into this club...and a visionary..

king_dezeeuw06 - The Wigan Athletic Academy is a Category 3 Academy.
Downgraded not long after the the Premier League Elite Player Performance Plan (the big clubs allowed to poach players for bugger all plan) came into being.
Previous talk of Cat 2 and Cat 1 status has not been possible due to lacking certain facilities. The indoor facility being one ... although there was a sniff of one appearing in the near future.

If we aren't even Cat 2 anymore then we're always going to struggle to compete for the best talent - for coaches or players. I imagine the new owners will be looking into this but until we improve our accademy then i think we will always be fighting an uphill struggle to produced first team players.

When you take into account the cost of running a Cat 1 accademy system will be so high, you could certainly argue another option could be to invest heavily into improve our scouting system. I'm not sure what Peterborough do differently to other clubs but they constantly dig out the gems from L2 or non league for minimal outlay who are a little older than accademy player but have somehow been missed by other clubs. Is it as simple as they have a couple of excellent scouts or do they cast their net wider than most and have a more extensive system? If I was any Chairman I'd be very keen to find out and see if i could replicate some of their best practices.

Mwiya Malumo was in a 'game' for Wigan recently (last month), NewsNow listed a link that said Coventry were looking at him with a view to signing.

So no surprise that he has been released

These 'games' get put on when clubs are planning on releasing players

We never were category two. Don’t have the money to upgrade. Plus we’d need an indoor training facility which we wanted to install at CP but again, no money has scuppered the plans.

How does anybody know how long other clubs takeovers have taken? Ellis Short has been trying to sell Sunderland for years. He might have been in talks with the Eastleigh bloke for 18 months before he sold it to him. People assume because it was announced out of the blue that it must have happened overnight.