Dobbie - Blackpool Is Special To Me | Vital Football

Dobbie - Blackpool Is Special To Me

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
A fantastic player for us, but all I can ever think of first when I hear his name is THAT miss at Wembley in 2012.

Dobbie: Blackpool Is Special To Me
Former Seasider Reflects On Four Loan Stints At Bloomfield Road

Large

Stephen Dobbie is a player many Seasiders will remember as a key component of the Club’s history over the past decade.
The Glaswegian enjoyed an incredible four separate loan spells at Blackpool in 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014. The forward was part of the infamous side which beat Cardiff City in the Championship Play-Off Final in 2010 to reach the Premier League – something which Dobbie said will stay with him for a very long time.
“To get to Wembley Stadium and win the Final in the manner we did was truly amazing,” he explained.

“Up until that point I’d played all of my career away from England, so to sample something as incredible as that in my first season there was truly incredible.
“We had a fantastic bunch at the time, and we knew that within the camp. We were also lead by a fantastic manager in Ian Holloway, who knew how to get the best out of us. His enthusiasm and passion got us where we needed to be and I think that is what led us to the Premier League in many ways.
“We had the fantastic two matches against Nottingham Forest in the semi-final and then for it to all come together against Cardiff City at Wembley Stadium in the manner it did was just so special to all of us.”
Now at 37 years of age, Dobbie is still playing the game he loves so dearly at Scottish Championship side Queen of the South. The forward has built an incredible record at the Dumfries based club, scoring an average of one goal every two matches since joining the club back four years ago, and as such is not thinking of hanging up his boots just yet.
“I’m having a great time with Queen of the South,” Dobbie said.
“I signed a new deal with the club a couple of months ago to keep me at the club until the summer of 2021, so I’m just taking it one game at a time and still enjoying my football, which is important to me.
“I’ve done all of my coaching badges and help the reserve side at the football club on their matchdays, so when I do eventually retire, I’ll be looking at going down the coaching route, certainly.
“For me I still enjoy my football, which is crucial. We’re having a good season at Queen of the South, and hopefully I can use some of those amazing experiences I had at Blackpool to my advantage, and take that forward throughout my career.
“Blackpool is such a special club, and one I will always hold close to my heart.”

If only he had scored against West Ham and Gary T.F. had not damaged his ankle.......
But thanks to them both for the memories that will last a lifetime.

He wasn't the only one who left his shooting boots at home that day. Glad to see him enjoying an Indian Summer to his career.
Hope we all enjoy an Indian Summer.........
I should have added that I am praying that the virus misses us and our families and a cure found soon.

In a way catching it early on before the intensive care facilities get really stretched might be far from the worst option. My son who is a Games Guru in a board game cafe has just been put on Furlough at 80 percent of his salary so I now have a slave to labour on my house and garden.