Do you trust the Police? | Vital Football

Do you trust the Police?

Wurzel

Vital Football Legend
In light of recent scandals and accusations such as the Mitchell case, Hillsborough, and the Duggan case, do you trust the Police?

I've reluctantly said no because I feel as organisations our Police forces appear to treat the general public with contempt. I'm not damning every Bobby on the beat, and there is no doubt that it is a challenging job, but recent scandals do not give me faith that I would be treated fairly by them.

you're entitled to your opinion mate :35: would be a boring world if we all agreed.

the police pissed me off when they pushed that protester... but in general i trust them. They are the only people i would go to if i was burgled etc

So would I Barney, but out of necessity rather than any real expectation of them doing anything.

this thread is going to cause a good debate... but on the whole i trust the police. But on the flip side of that, i havent had to go to them (touch wood). But if i did have to, then i would trust them.

A lot of people are very quick to judge and slag off our police force, i have travelled to the philippines and also gambia.... if you think our police are bad then some people need to go to these places to realise what a good job our force do. Im not arse licking them at all, as some of the police over here are utter wankers.... but we are 'lucky' to have them. It could be a lot worse.

I don't trust anyone any more. I must say though, a dead drug dealer, probably had it coming. He DID have a gun in the moments leading up to his killing, if he didn't go to pick the gun up he would still be alive.

I was outraged when they shot the poor guy in the head who was late for his train thinking he was a terrorist, but on this occasion I am behind them, the guy was a dangerous criminal.

They are an organisation with human cogs, that will always bring trouble.

No. The average day to day bobby is on a power trip nowadays.

They got the Duggan thing spot on though. If they did more stuff like that i would have a lot more trust in them.

Most of them however are like this nice chap.

[youtube=FsxkABLLXfA]

Well for somebody who in my younger days found myself on the wrong side of the law on a few occasions but bare no malice towards the old bill.I have never been fitted up I did it and took the punishment.I have met loads in fact almost everyone I spoke to whilst incarcerated didn't do it was amazing here I was in a institute for criminals and everyone was innocent bar me.So I think things what are said by criminals about the Police has to be taken with a massive pinch of salt.However in light of Hillsborough it was a disgrace and a massive cover up not only by the Police think Maggie played a role in that too.There have been a lot more dubious cases years gone by too but these days I do feel with cctv and greater media coverage makes cover ups a great deal harder.So do we trust the Police I think we have to don't we they will make mistakes of course they will but I do believe that's what they are and not deliberate acts of foul play.

Bikini Inspector - 10/1/2014 14:13

No. The average day to day bobby is on a power trip nowadays.

They got the Duggan thing spot on though. If they did more stuff like that i would have a lot more trust in them.

Most of them however are like this nice chap.

[youtube=FsxkABLLXfA]

some of them have a right old power trip going on when in uniform.... i know a few coppers , family and friends. Decent blokes, do their jobs and go home. Which the majority of them i believe do.

thefacehead - 10/1/2014 14:18

Barney2004 - 10/1/2014 14:16

its the gorvenment that we shouldn't be trusting.

I don't trust anyone, especially those who can't spell government :17:

haha!! typing error mate. i can assure you i know how to spell guverment :)

I'm not sure police officers do the job for the right reasons anymore, or that they are educated to the standard that should be required. What is the entry criteria thesedays?

Too often I get the impression that coppers are the people that were bullied at school, they are now on a power trip and are more interested in showing these powers off, or telling you how right they are, usually being patronising and sarcastic - rather than being helpful, which is primarily what they are there for.

These 'cops with cameras' shows dont help them either - they all come across as bellends and bullies.

The only very tiny dealing Ive had with police in recent times was a few years back when someone crashed into me on camp hill roundabout in town. I pulled over but the other fellas car was knackered so me, him and another helpful passer by, pushed it up to mine at the side of the road. It was rush hour, busy, and a couple of old bill turned up within seconds. There was no problem, we exchanged details etc... and the blokes car started okay with a few goes, but the one copper pulled open the blokes boot and said 'you've got a triangle in the boot, did you know this?' looking at the other copper with a smug grin. I just interupted and said 'well it's all sorted now anyway so not to worry.' whereas I really wanted to say, 'yeah thanks for your time, which we didnt request or need, you sarcastic smarmy bastard, now why dont you tootle down to mcdonalds before they sell out of doughnuts you little fat twat?' ......but I didnt.

I dont distrust them, I just dont think they do anything worthwhile. If someone burgled my house, honestly I would phone the police only because it's expected and probably (I assume) required for insurance claim. But as for doing anything about it there's just no point in calign them, and I wouldnt expect them to do anything nowadays. I'd phone other people for that and would almost guarantee my stuff back and the burglars to get some justice too.

When i was a kid it seemed that coppers were scary, they knew the law and they upheld it and I had a respect and a healthy fear of them. Nowadays I'm inclined to think they've taken an easy career option, and probably arent the sharpest tool in the box.

I blame the fact that they arent allowed to do the job in it's traditional sense and are instead too concerned about paperwork, budgets, health and safety, human rights etc...

James , I find your comments extremely insulting to be honest.

I am not going to put my thoughts here, all I will say, I am very glad I am me, and not you, as with your attitude.

Or maybe you are right,

Everone woring at McDonalds and ALdi are thick, everyone working in a bank are greedy b**** who have ruined the country, everyone working in a school is just there for the holidays, anyone working as a carer is a namby pamby lefty, anyone working in a factory live on a council estate, all barmaids are slags.........................................................

Shocking world we live in when you get tripe like the above posted :21: