Do you trust the Police? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Do you trust the Police?

Everone woring at McDonalds and ALdi are thick, everyone working in a bank are greedy b**** who have ruined the country, everyone working in a school is just there for the holidays, anyone working as a carer is a namby pamby lefty, anyone working in a factory live on a council estate, all barmaids are slags.........................................................

From my experience of life in 99% of cases this is true.

I was generalising of course, going by own experience, which i admitted was based on one personal experience in the last 5 years, and from television.

Would I expect the police to help me or do anything about it if I was burgled or attacked? the answer is no.

What police were bullied at school and now on a power trip, they do nothing worthwhile and are not educated.

Yeah. no offence meant there of course.

James is a football fan though isn't he, so he is obviously a racist, sexist, homophobic lager lout that just likes fighting !.

aargh, forget it ....... Im oooot

Power corrupts - that is true of any occupation, whether it's the police or in an office or on TV ("Sir" Jimmy...). Unfortunately, with the police the bad seeds tend to make more of an impression on the public conscience.
On the whole though, I think the police force are trustworthy, especially as they are doing a difficult job in the face of increasing public animosity (among cretins like Duggan's followers) and lack of support from the government.

I didnt hide my support of the police in the Duggan case, and I dont deny their job is a lot more difficult nowadays, not because of criminals in the tradition sense, but because of politicians IMO.

But, I cringe watching these cop shows when I see a pair of coppers sitting in a police car talking about their latest pull like they're on the Sweeney, gnarling througha KFC while they gossip. Then they see a vauxall corsa pass by, driven by a lad under 25 and they say 'here we go,' so they follow him for a bit, then pull him over, take the piss out of him for a bit, get him in the police car, take the piss out of him a bit more, patronise him, belittle him and next thing you know he's sworn, its kicked off and he is in handcuffs down the station.

Is that really what I'm paying for?

There hundreds of clips on youtube, and shows on telly all the time - these arent one off unique situations, it happens all the time. Thats just the ones on camera.

I have known many personally and no, the majority I would not trust, I know a couple that I would trust with my life, but they are old school and probably the type frowned upon by their peers : )

Police forces are now private security companies registered at companies house, as a company they have to make money, and isn't that evident in this day and age.

Much like James I recently had a burglary, I informed the police as one should, they rushed round 3 hours later, meanwhile I had made my own enquiries and had the name and address of those responsible, I passed on my information so the police could go straight round there and sort it, job done.

The police never visited those responsible at all, when I pulled them on this they informed me that even though they knew these lads were active, even though they knew they were little toerags out on the rob most nights, that they have to go through channels and those further up didn't deem it worthwhile pursuing, the officer told me his hands were tied and he was as pissed off as I was (he wasn't, I assured him of this)

I told him that I would go to the house, make a few citizens arrests and get my goods back, the officer told me that I would more than likely get arrested because the law would be in the home holders favour and that if any of these little cherubs were to suffer an "accident" that I would be arrested.

So a real criminal gang, causing misery to many families a week, were offered to the court system in a nice little package with all the stolen goodies still at their premises, guaranteed convictions, and the reaction was can't be bothered, but you try and argue against a speeding ticket and the full force of the law will be on your back.

the police is the same as any job.... you get your wankers in all sorts of job. And then you get the ones that help you out.

I rang orange the other day... guy that i spoke to was an utter twat. Rang back up and the next guy i spoke to was brilliant. Sorted the problem and credited my accout with £10 for the problem.

You get wankers in all jobs , even the police force, it dosen't mean to say the police are shit and all of them are wankers.

James06 - 10/1/2014 16:21

No! You are also paying for a large police operation costing many many thousands of pounds to raid a dude on benefits who has a small amount of cannabis.

But at least that's one more high profile drug dealer off the streets isn't it? : )

Barney2004 - 10/1/2014 16:26

the police is the same as any job.... you get your wankers in all sorts of job. And then you get the ones that help you out.

I rang orange the other day... guy that i spoke to was an utter twat. Rang back up and the next guy i spoke to was brilliant. Sorted the problem and credited my accout with £10 for the problem.

You get wankers in all jobs , even the police force, it dosen't mean to say the police are shit and all of them are wankers.

Totally agree, I have had good and bad experiences with coppers, the problem is that the power is bound to go to some of their heads, it must be a natural occurrence.

True Barney. But I always thought that getting in the force involved a tough recruitment and selection process, a certain height and build and standard of education to begin with - then several tests (mental and physical) interviews, presentations. To become a copper you had to be like a krypton factor champion. When I was leaving school a copper was a good vocation and they only took the best. I just cant believe it's that difficult thesedays going by some of the coppers I've seen.

And with respect, getting the job as initial bloke who picks up the blower in the orange call centre probably doesnt even require an interview. and I bet he still had better people skills than the copper I met after that crash.

Azelle Rodney , who was shot dead in Edgware, north London, in 2005.

Armed officers thought that he and two other men were ready to stage a heist on Colombian drug dealers.

The marksman who killed him, known only as E7, opened fire within a second of coming to a halt beside the trio's Golf, hitting Mr Rodney six times, once each in the arm and back, and, fatally, four times in the head.

A public inquiry found that the officer had "no lawful justification" for shooting Mr Rodney, and "could not rationally have believed" that the 24-year-old had picked up a gun before he was shot. E7 has since embarked on a legal challenge of the inquiry's findings.

No mention of legal action after an inquiry found "no lawful justification" Why?

Jean Charles de Menezes' s was one of Scotland Yard's darkest chapters.

The innocent Brazilian was gunned down by firearms officers at Stockwell Underground station on July 22 2005, after he was mistaken for failed suicide bomber Hussain Osman.

At the inquest into Mr Menezes's death in 2008, coroner Sir Michael Wright ruled out a verdict of unlawful killing, but jurors returned an open verdict and rejected police accounts of the shooting, including a claim by an officer identified as C12 that he had shouted "armed police" before opening fire.

After the inquest, acting commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Sir Paul Stephenson apologised to the electrician's family, saying the force took full responsibility for his death. His relatives slammed the inquest as "a complete whitewash".

Anthony Grainger was shot dead by officers from Greater Manchester Police after his car was stopped as part of a planned operation in Culcheth, Cheshire, in March 2012.

It later emerged that the unarmed father-of-two had earlier been wrongly suspected of stealing a memory stick containing the names of police informants.

The Mail on Sunday reported that he and two associates were put under surveillance in an operation involving nearly 100 officers, and that armed teams were briefed that he might open fire at police, despite there being no evidence of him having access to weapons.

In July this year the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) confirmed that it had finished an investigation of the incident and passed a file to prosecutors to consider whether to bring criminal charges against the police marksman.

Harry Stanley from Hackney, east London, was shot in the head and hand on September 22 1999 after a table leg he was carrying in a bag was mistaken for a sawn-off shotgun.

Two police officers arrived on the scene after a caller mistakenly tipped them off that 46-year-old Mr Stanley was carrying a sawn-off shotgun in the bag.

Criminal charges and disciplinary action were both ruled out against the pair, Inspector Neil Sharman and Pc Kevin Fagan, despite the IPCC finding that their accounts of the painter decorator's death "lacked credibility".

The father-of-three's widow Irene said she feared this would give a green light for a "shoot-to-kill" policy among police.

Not even scratching the surface, more to come, unfortunately.

James06 - 10/1/2014 16:33

True Barney. But I always thought that getting in the force involved a tough recruitment and selection process, a certain height and build and standard of education to begin with - then several tests (mental and physical) interviews, presentations. To become a copper you had to be like a krypton factor champion. When I was leaving school a copper was a good vocation and they only took the best. I just cant believe it's that difficult thesedays going by some of the coppers I've seen.

And with respect, getting the job as initial bloke who picks up the blower in the orange call centre probably doesnt even require an interview. and I bet he still had better people skills than the copper I met after that crash.

my brother in law is in the armed police mate, and the amount of training he has to do is un-real. Quick example, he had to stay in a bush for 72 hours. Rigged up with microphones etc to see how much movement (sounds) he was making. He could only eat small ammounts of bread... others is with him hanging of police training buildings for 48 or so hours. Then there's running etc which he is pushed to his limit, then he has to undertake shooting training every 6 months, which he has to get above 96% otherwise he loses his job. Quite challenging.

Then my sister is a bobby on the streets, due to having children , thats all she is doing. the training for that is quite intense too from what she tells me.

but yeah... you get your coppers that brag about what they do and give it the big i am... dont wash with me, and the ones in uniform that give it the billy big bollocks will one day go to far and either get a kicking or lose their jobs , because of their attitude.

Definitely not.

It would seem to be very naive to base your dealings with the police on trust.

Interaction with them is rarely comfortable and their attitude is likely to be sarcastic and surly and even downright aggressive, from my own limited experience.

And the more lower class you appear the worst they are.

In the past they have proven to be the willing political tool of the state and are implicated in every historic act of political oppression from looking on when the fascists were beating up Jews in the Cable Street riots to their recent acts of unprovoked violence.

They are continually found to be corrupt, from the West Midlands Serious Crime squad to the Stephen Lawrence murder, plus countless other cases.

When they make bad mistakes like Cressida Dick with the death of de Menezes, they are not sacked they are promoted.

They are a necessary evil who do a difficult job which sours them but even for those who acknowledge this, having a too rosy attitude towards them would be a foolish perception of the nature of policing and the nature the justice system, especially if you are black or of the underclass.

They routinely overstep the bounds of their powers and rights.

Sergeant Dixon never existed and he never will.

Juan Mourep - 10/1/2014 16:29

James06 - 10/1/2014 16:21

Must admit that makes me laugh when they find enough for two joints.Then you have the inquest after when they're saying well we only found small quantity but there is definite evidence of drug taking in there.No fucking shit Sherlock lol.

No! You are also paying for a large police operation costing many many thousands of pounds to raid a dude on benefits who has a small amount of cannabis.

But at least that's one more high profile drug dealer off the streets isn't it? : )

My cousin is a copper up north. He is actually the one who suggested not trusting them. He told me never to take my seat belt off when I get pulled over. Once you have done that they can do what they want apparently.

He has also witnessed drunks get filled in in the cells for no reason and all sorts.

In the words of the well known sarf Landon gangster Dave Courtney "There is no such thing as a celebrity gangster it's like saying Police and intelligence the two just don't go together"