Do you(or have you had) any pets/animals? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Do you(or have you had) any pets/animals?

Green Tea I have a border collie my best mate in the whole world but I have two questions for you.First one why are you against people having pets.Second one why have started this thread when you don't have pets and another one about drink and drugs when you don't do either not having a go just intrigued.

Im not against people having pets - its the way of the world. Im just against what we(humanity) has done in the 1st place. Pet shops, puppy farms, forced breeding, captivation etc. Its the behind the scenes stuff I dont like. The price the animal kingdom has to pay on the whole.

As for me asking in the thread title, I love animals and there is always an interesting story to tell. I was touched by Clubpaver's post - me writing this thread to read that story alone, was worth it. I felt his sadness and can relate to it.

As for the drugs/drink thread - I read an article that day, that drink is a huge problem. We seem to be in an age where more people are dying from alcohol related problems. Yet you dont hear nothing really about cannabis - so could cannabis replace alcohol as the relaxant after a day's hard work? Could a legal cannabis tea in the evening, replace the G&T?

I have an 18 yr old cat that gets fed chicken breast, prawns and is generally treated like the princess she knows she is. My girlfriend is happy to point out that her **it still stinks, but she's probably just jealous because the cat has been the screensaver on my phone for the last 8 years and not her.......

gator - 3/10/2013 22:41

david-avfc - 3/10/2013 21:35

i had a rabbit that got eaten by a bird
Did you not tell her she was only supposed to boil it.

Sometimes its torture coming onto Vital and this is an example i am laffin in the front room out loud banging the laptop and the mrs looks at me in a scary way she is going to have me sectioned one of these days :19: :19:

Pedigree dog cruelty: Bury breeders banned for 10 years
A dog seized by the RSPCA
The RSPCA seized the dogs from a farm in Bury, Greater Manchester, in May
A pedigree dog breeder and his son have been banned from keeping animals for 10 years after admitting cruelty charges.

Almost 140 dogs including Labradors and collies were found in poor conditions with untreated medical problems, Bury and Rochdale Magistrates' Court heard.

Jeffrey Speakman, 66, and his son Richard, 22, both of Bury, Greater Manchester, were sentenced to four months in jail suspended for 12 months.

The RSPCA said the dogs were being used as "breeding machines."

Jeffrey Speakman admitted 13 counts of cruelty while his son pleaded guilty to 11 offences under the Animal Welfare Act 2006.

'Profit before welfare'
During the seizure, a chocolate Labrador was found dead.

She had died from an untreated womb infection and septicaemia.

A puppy also died days after being rescued and an Alaskan malamute did not receive medical treatment for a neurological disease.

The men, both of Bentley Hall Road, also placed 62 dogs in an unsuitable environment, 40 dogs did not have an adequate supply of fresh drinking water and 23 had beds with sharp edges, the court heard.

Some of the animals had untreated medical conditions including eye problems, ear problems, lameness and parasites in the digestive system.

RSPCA inspector Jason Bowles said: "Some of the dogs were six years old and have been used as nothing more than 'breeding machines', producing litter after litter of puppies to be sold for £250 plus each.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-24429702

Got a cat back home although I dont really say he's mine...

Guy turned up in our back garden at Xmas 3 or 4 years ago when it was really cold... The mother started to feed it he stayed around and now the fam love him... I dont consider a Cat a pet this guy is an out door cat and he does as he pleases... Pet me and feed me or Im out and thats how it is...

I dont like the idea of having to have a dog on a leash but it has to be done... I agree with you to some extent about keeping pets in captivity GT but I think if its human and you treat the animals correctly then ok...

Some animals should not be locked up and others should not be kept in certain conditions e.g. keeping a husky in a small space and not walking him thats cruel they need lots of exercise...

Green Tea - 4/10/2013 23:12

Im not against people having pets - its the way of the world. Im just against what we(humanity) has done in the 1st place. Pet shops, puppy farms, forced breeding, captivation etc. Its the behind the scenes stuff I dont like. The price the animal kingdom has to pay on the whole.

As for me asking in the thread title, I love animals and there is always an interesting story to tell. I was touched by Clubpaver's post - me writing this thread to read that story alone, was worth it. I felt his sadness and can relate to it.

As for the drugs/drink thread - I read an article that day, that drink is a huge problem. We seem to be in an age where more people are dying from alcohol related problems. Yet you dont hear nothing really about cannabis - so could cannabis replace alcohol as the relaxant after a day's hard work? Could a legal cannabis tea in the evening, replace the G&T?
What an excellent post.

I think laws and standards regarding pets and breeding are probably better now than ever before GT, although I fully understand your point and agree to an extent, and there's still a lot to be done.

I think dogs and cats thrive on human contact and vice versa. I think with hamsters and guinea pigs, tortoises etc... they dont really give a shit and it's good for kids to learn by keeping them. I'm very much against aviarys and bird keeping though. Call it a contradiction if you like but I hate seeing birds in captivity.

Dogs should be properly licensed. Licensed so that the owners HAVE to have them trained, have to be decent with them and also have to be able to control them. These dogs left on their own for 12 hours and barking all day are a nightmare to neighbours and it simply shouldn't be allowed.

Very rarely is there a bad dog, just bad owners.

Lovely animals when trained.

This reminds me of an old e-mail I got a few years ago:Where do pets come from?

Please take this in the antidote this is meant to be: Not as a reason to turn this into a bash The Bible thread, which it isn't. It is humorous and as an analogy very true and funny

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to "Where do pets come from?"

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."

And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves." And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.
And it was a good animal. And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal." And God said, " I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them
And they were comforted. And God was pleased. And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well" And God said, I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration." And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility. And they were greatly improved. And God was pleased . And Dog was happy. And Cat didn't give a shit one way or the other.

Spot on J Staffies make fantastic pets if looked after properly but they get bad press because of a few moronic idiots who bring them up to be attack dogs stupidly believing it makes them look hard.Not sure they should be licensed or you should be forced to have them trained as this could alienate perfectly good owners who just couldn't afford this but the idiots would just ignore any such rulings.Don't think there is anyway you could combat wank owners unfortunately.

There was a good clip recently on facebook about an injured pit bull bitch, most would have put her down but the dog rescue sorted her injuries and got her to a family where she is now a happy, content dog.

zzepzhz.jpg

My George trying to catch a fly this morning.