DJ is off....... | Page 2 | Vital Football

DJ is off.......

Disappointed he's gone as he was one of the few players with good technical ability at the club. As well as his long range passing he could also score from distance e.g. his goal in the FA Cup last season at Slough Town which was enough to get us through to the next round.
I think we will find out very soon which club he is going to.

Charlie Edinburgh was his agent when Justin signed him on pro terms. Not sure if Charlie still represents him or even if he's in that game anymore but if he is then Orient may take a punt on him as Charlie has obvious strong connections to that club.

I don`t need you to arbitrate, but thanks very much anyway. I`m not going to argue the toss in relation to specific games, i`m not in the habit of making post-game notes and even if I did i probably wouldn`t have kept three years worth. But I have seen enough games involving DJ to recognise his obvious talent and potential. I watch enough football to warrant a summarised opinion. Nothing silly about that, Jeeez...
Sorry but if you wanted a private conversation you should PM him, or get his number and take him out for a drink and dinner. This is a public forum and i'll join in to conversations where I fancy.

As you say, you can't remember a specific game, then your eventual response to me is much more suitable than just arrogantly and dismissively posting some garbage about 'it's a game of opinions'. It moves the conversation forwards. In fact I agree with what you've said. I also don't record personal notes of player's performances like some seem to. But ultimately if you aren't going to actually justify an opinion with some reasoning when questioned, then you're probably in the wrong place/on the wrong forum. Forums are for discussing opinions and usually that discussion comes in the way of explaining the reasons behind those opinions.

Just my opinion of course...

I agree with LGR - DJ pretty clearly had potential in the limited viewing I had of him. At 20 years old and with just 20 games over the past 3 seasons (and just one short loan spell), I don't feel we've seen what he's capable of yet. Disappointed to see him leave but if Evans isn't going to play him, I can understand why.

I agree with LGR - DJ pretty clearly had potential in the limited viewing I had of him. At 20 years old and with just 20 games over the past 3 seasons (and just one short loan spell), I don't feel we've seen what he's capable of yet. Disappointed to see him leave but if Evans isn't going to play him, I can understand why.
Players with talent are ten a penny. Look at jet for the best known example. Now plying his trade in thailand last time i saw. What a waste of talent. Talent only gets you sp far. You need application, effort and commitment to make it as a pro. Something oldaker has been publicly criticised as lacking by multiple mangers, not just one.

Sprry, but just because he had some good skills it doesnt make him a good player worth keeping. You cant wait forever for potential to come good.

Charlie Edinburgh was his agent when Justin signed him on pro terms. Not sure if Charlie still represents him or even if he's in that game anymore but if he is then Orient may take a punt on him as Charlie has obvious strong connections to that club.

Interesting point, Billy. A London are club would probably suit DJ.