‘Diversity in Football’ | Vital Football

‘Diversity in Football’

Trev_GFC

Vital 1st Team Regular
42A3A9E1-6106-434A-B8B4-04C5365E034B.jpeg
For the expats, I’ll explain. Female England Internationals, such as Alex Scott and Eni Aluko have been among the panel of 3 pundits on British TV during some World Cup games. A woman has also been the lead commentator for a game the other day too, apparently a first for the competition (over here anyway maybe?).

To me Alex and Eni have provided worthwhile analysis as they actually do their research and are articulate. Not to mention their views/explanations on the more technical aspects have seemed informative too.

Surely this is better than wasters like Roy Keane, Lawro/Hanson, Robbie Cunting Savage and half of Jeff’s Lads?! Each of these blokes provide a bit of entertainment through a concerning character but come on.

The best analysis I see nowadays is from journalists, particularly on ESPN’s Champions League love show (imagine NFL Redzone but with pundits) and Sunday Supplement. If you want to pick a 3-man pundit team by knowledge levels alone I’d pick a current/former player, a current/former manager, and a journalist. But Christ it gets me how anyone with 10 England caps can waltz into punditry.