Disney World | Vital Football

Disney World

Barney2004

Vital 1st Team Regular
Short story.... My sister is thinking about taking the kids there in 2 years time... she wants me to go too.

The problem is, im not too keen on america (never been there) so im hoping its not as bad as the thoughts i have on the place. I also hate screaming/crying kids, i also refuse to go to Alton Towers etc as i hate queues....

is this the place for me? and will i need a 'normal' holiday when i get back? Is there anywhere there where you can chill out?

i just imagine it to be just like Alton towers but 100 times bigger with a few hotels dotted around the place.

Barney2004 - 4/12/2013 11:03

Short story.... My sister is thinking about taking the kids there in 2 years time... she wants me to go too.

The problem is, im not too keen on america (never been there) so im hoping its not as bad as the thoughts i have on the place. I also hate screaming/crying kids, i also refuse to go to Alton Towers etc as i hate queues....

is this the place for me? and will i need a 'normal' holiday when i get back? Is there anywhere there where you can chill out?

i just imagine it to be just like Alton towers but 100 times bigger with a few hotels dotted around the place.

Personally I love visiting the states with Las Vegas my number one call.

In 2010 we visited Disney Florida with then our teenage children for two weeks and had a ball. Sure there was queues and that can be tiresome but if you do your homework about Disney before you leave then that will save you time wasted.

Another reason I thoroughly enjoyed it was that I spent the time seeing my kids and my wife so happy and looking at it all through their eyes!

You could compromise and go with them for a week to Disney and then you take a personal break to chill and stay in Cuba or Honolulu for a week!?

cheers for the info Thomas. I think if i went for two weeks and done the whole two weeks i would like 3 days of just chilling out by a hotel pool and bar if that was possible....

I think America is a fantastic country to visit (went on honeymoon last year - Hawaii, Las Vegas and New York) and Disney Land is great for a family holiday.

If you hate Americans, screaming kids and crowds however then you may find it difficult!

i dont hate Americans mate...

as long as theres somewhere to chill and have a beer for a few days instead of being on the go for 14days non stop then i think i'll be ok....

not quite the same though david is it? Its not really about money to be honest.... isn't the one in paris a bit of a shit heap and run down?

If you're going to do it for children then you may aswell go all out and give them the experience in america...

Love the place. Been 4 times now and would go again, but then I love theme parks, love America and love Americans (apart from the mega loud annoying ones).

I won't lie. The main attractions is obviously rides and shows, so if you ain't into all that jazz or can't be bothered queueing then it probably won't be for you.

The rides are so much better than over here though. Most are 3D, 4D simulators, and the actual roller coasters usually have some kind of twist to make them bigger and better than over here.

There are places you can escape to. If you stay in a Disney Hotel the pool facilities are usually top notch, there's plenty of shoppping to be done etc.

I would avoid going in July/August though. WAY too hot, and WAY too busy.

Go in March/April, plan your days properly and use fastpasses for rides and you can avoid the queues and enjoy it more.

Deano, i was hoping you were going to comment on this after seeing you went recently... and looked like you had a great time. love shows and 3D and 4D stuff and glad you said there are places to step back from it all and relax around a pool... i just thought it was going to be standing in queues all week waiting to get on rides etc and do about 4 rides a day... which would naff me off.

what month would be better after august? bearing in mind we have to work on going in a school holiday....

Don't get me wrong there will be queues, but we went at probably the busiest time of the year and still managed to fit everything in. It did mean a lot of early starts though so we could get the popular rides done before the crowds built.

Was pretty full on.

If you have to go school holidays, then I think the easter holiday would be quieter and a bit cooler, but you are then restricted to 2 weeks (we went for nearly 3)

I personally would never go back in the summer and I'm a fan.

ok cheers mate. Its only 3 weeks we want to go for anyway so that works out quite well... i think im just being a bit of a grump about it as i like my beach holidays lol. I'm sure i will be fine when im there :35:

we were looking at aug 2016....

Its a very magical place and if you get the opportunity then I would recommend you go, especially if you have children.

You can still go to the beach for the day, or relax by the pool etc Its best to mix it up a bit anyway otherwise the parks will just drain you out, its a lot of noise and walking. The queues are not that bad if you use the fast track system. - Its free and saves a huge amount of queuing for the larger/more popular rides.

As for the rides themselves, nothing like Alton Towers..The majority of them will take you into another world, or they put on some form of show. - They are very good.

The place itself is just amazing..Its like stepping into another world completely, you almost become a cartoon or Disney character. Your kids will be in so much awe and amazement you will struggle to hold back the tears. They really do tick all the boxes and its one of the few places in the world where you can feel the money you paid really is justified, there is no expense spared at all.

The other important factor - go on every ride, watch every show. No matter if anyone scares you beforehand - just go on them..

Also maybe you could look around for getting your own private Villa with pool located in a quiet area, it may work out better than staying in a hotel with over excited kids.

When we went we rented a private Villa in Kissimmee and it was hugh and brilliant with private swimming pool and actually cheaper than staying in a Disney accommodation complex.

This the site we chose it from.....Good luck with it all.

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/kissimmee.htm

Go on Barney enjoy the child within you again. We still need to play. Childlike is good for the soul/well being :14:

yeah i think im gonna go for it. Never been there before. As long as i can have a beer at the end of the day to wind down i think i will be alright haha

I love what I have seen of the States so far, I really want to try cities.

Customer service is in a different league to this country. They treat you like a king, and if you tip a few dollars you get great service.

I am really looking forward to going again.