Disappointing Loss For Millers | Vital Football

Disappointing Loss For Millers

Very good report Caz, thank you .... well, we've all come down to Earth with one heck of a bump, haven't we?
I don't know about everyone else but I was expecting to just breeze along and beat every team in sight with little fuss, but oh dear, that performance was way below expectations. We had a fantastic pre-season but all the good football we saw before a ball was kicked in anger was missing yesterday, it had gone a.w.o.l.
We know that we can play better, much better, so I'm optimistic that this was just a hiccup and we will find our form again soon. I don't like to hear some fans calling for "heads to roll", especially at this early stage of the season, but they've started. I think they'll all be a bit quieter after the next couple of games, hopefully.

Lincoln came to stop us playing, from the start they were doing everything they could to slow the game down - the goalie slow to recover the ball and take the kick, players slow on throw-ins, falling down, strolling back to position.....
All to prevent us playing the fast paced 'footballing' game we're good at. We didn't appear to be able to deal with their tactics. We are going to come up against this type of play and we need to know we can overcome the teams that play in this way.

Very good report Caz, thank you .... well, we've all come down to Earth with one heck of a bump, haven't we?
I don't know about everyone else but I was expecting to just breeze along and beat every team in sight with little fuss, but oh dear, that performance was way below expectations. We had a fantastic pre-season but all the good football we saw before a ball was kicked in anger was missing yesterday, it had gone a.w.o.l.
We know that we can play better, much better, so I'm optimistic that this was just a hiccup and we will find our form again soon. I don't like to hear some fans calling for "heads to roll", especially at this early stage of the season, but they've started. I think they'll all be a bit quieter after the next couple of games, hopefully.

Thanks Nez but I can't take much credit this week. I wasn't there this week but I had a friend there who sent me what he thought were the important facts and I wrote sentences round them!