Dimitris Giannoulis. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Dimitris Giannoulis.

Have a look at the comments left by Greek fans of PAOK under the Talk Norwich 15/1/21 video on Youtube.

Interesting comments by the poster claiming to be a Greek FA scout

Touch wood i think we are about to sign a gem.

Last edited:
Where do you think byram fits into the picture once he is fit?

Aarons and Mumba in his preferred Right Back role.

Xavi and Giannoulis at left back.

Do you think maybe byram is going to be out for longer than 1st thought (originally back end of Jan but DF has now said there is no set date for his return)?

Maybe he'll be back up right/left back for Mumba (that's if aarons leaves in the summer) and Giannoulis next season.
I think the only reason we are signing Dimitris is because Byram is nowhere near being fit. No word in recent weeks on any return date from Farke. If he was likely to be fit in the near future then surely we’d not be buying anyone?
Byram played so well there in the PL that he kept Jamal Lewis out of the side until he became injured.
He is a good player but I worry that his body is letting him down. Not good for him or us.

I think the only reason we are signing Dimitris is because Byram is nowhere near being fit. No word in recent weeks on any return date from Farke. If he was likely to be fit in the near future then surely we’d not be buying anyone?
Byram played so well there in the PL that he kept Jamal Lewis out of the side until he became injured.
He is a good player but I worry that his body is letting him down. Not good for him or us.
With being out so long we may not see him this season, and if we do he may never be the same again. He was really good as you say in the prem so id love him to be our regular LB

How long has he been out now ? Must be well over a year
Was it february 2020 he picked up his injury? During the Liverpool game? He would ha e been back but he picked up another injury during that time.

His injury history isn't good reading.

Feb 20: Hamstring (x2) Injury - surgery required - 335 days injured (counting)

Aug 18: knee injury - surgery required - 222 days injured

Mar 18: Ankle injury - 168 days injured

Nov 17: thigh muscle injury - surgery required - 80 days injured

Oct 16: hamstring injury - 100 days injured

Mar 16: leg muscle injury - 30 days injured

He doesn't do short injuries and his hamstring seems to be a big issue. I think He us a good player and do hope he gets back to fitness and playing again.

Last edited:
New left back finally whilst one of our forner left back side slip further into the relegation scrap

According to Michael Bailey it’s a £450k loan fee followed by a £6.2m obligation to buy if we are promoted, with a contract running till 2024.

City have signed “one of their Premier League targets” according to MB.

MB explained in his Athletic article on DG that the agreement to sign Xavi Quintilla is depend on promotion and on him playing in at least 50% of our games this season. He has currently featured in 7 out of 24 (29%).
Both players will now battle it out to be first choice.
He showed some player data/stats that suggest we’ve got a helluva player on our hands. Monaco, Napoli and Atalanta all had bids turned down last summer with the last two bidding £7m. He was approaching the last year of his contract at PAOK though, so City’s timing was perfect - Man City and Newcastle were also monitoring him last summer.
Sounds very promising indeed...