Difference between us and Tottenham | Page 2 | Vital Football

Difference between us and Tottenham

Sorry lad, Spurs deserved to win but we were never overwhelmed......IMO.
Take away that fluked goal/cross and it was closer than Spurs' liked.
LAD!!!! It was close and again I’ll say if Norwood hadn’t lost the ball in vital positions twice it would have been even closer. A lot are saying Chris should change the system. Load of shite!!! Some calling Ramsdale, he was a bit flappy but in no way any of the goals were his fault. We created some good chances playing our system. Equally as many as Spurs did In fact🤔

But Rod, our wage structure was the same last season, we didn’t do so bad then
Yes but we had a very good start last season and were on the back of a fantastic promotion winning season and the whole club including the fans were on a very BIG HIGH, This season the players confidence must be the complete opposite to last season given the very poor results. I didn't expect us to do as well as last season but i certainly didn't expect us to be this far adrift at the bottom of the league. Baggies 1-1 now with the Shammers.UTMPB

Yes but we had a very good start last season and were on the back of a fantastic promotion winning season and the whole club including the fans were on a very BIG HIGH, This season the players confidence must be the complete opposite to last season given the very poor results.Baggies 1-1 now with the Shammers.UTMPB
I refer to my earlier post mate
Confidence, composure and less errors, even last season we were not very prolific in front of goal, but, we had the confidence to get forward and take chances, we had composure in all areas of the field, yes, there were errors last season, but way way less than this
But I agree, a good start helped
UTB

I refer to my earlier post mate
Confidence, composure and less errors, even last season we were not very prolific in front of goal, but, we had the confidence to get forward and take chances, we had composure in all areas of the field, yes, there were errors last season, but way way less than this
But I agree, a good start helped
UTB

I think its down to poor recruitment, we have spent quite a bit and none of the incomings have made a difference on the starting 11, in fact without Henderson and JOC it looks a lot weaker. But its all abart opinions.

I think its down to poor recruitment, we have spent quite a bit and none of the incomings have made a difference on the starting 11, in fact without Henderson and JOC it looks a lot weaker. But its all abart opinions.
Totall agree about recruitment, but some of our established players are shot confidence wise, and look a shadow of themselves from last season

Totall agree about recruitment, but some of our established players are shot confidence wise, and look a shadow of themselves from last season

Think the likes of Stevens, Norwood, Fleck even Bash, Billy, have had their day. Then we have a bunch that are just not good enough, They could possibly do a half decent job in the championship but on some performances thats in doubt.

I agree confidence is a factor but you can only punch above your weight for so long. JOC is our one top class defender and instills confidence in Bash and Egan, Henderson last year made saves that won us points, more than he cost us. this gave confidence to all.

Jigsaw does not inspire confidence, poor distribution, does not even do the most basic of tasks which is communicate, I am still in shock we signed him for 18 million.

Think the likes of Stevens, Norwood, Fleck even Bash, Billy, have had their day. Then we have a bunch that are just not good enough, They could possibly do a half decent job in the championship but on some performances thats in doubt.

I agree confidence is a factor but you can only punch above your weight for so long. JOC is our one top class defender and instills confidence in Bash and Egan, Henderson last year made saves that won us points, more than he cost us. this gave confidence to all.

Jigsaw does not inspire confidence, poor distribution, does not even do the most basic of tasks which is communicate, I am still in shock we signed him for 18 million.
In my view Norwood's a top end Championship player,who did very well last season in a side that was buzzing after promotion.Flecky is my favrit player,i agree he hasn't been at his best but just lately i think there's been definate signs he's getting some form back.Flecky seemed to struggle a bit after returning from Jock duty in the past but in my opinion along with the Magic Hat has been our best/most consistent player in the WILDER years up to this season.I would have let Billy,Jags leave after last season but Billy may be a threat next season as a sub if we do as most expect us to do and get relegated.UTMPB

In my view Norwood's a top end Championship player,who did very well last season in a side that was buzzing after promotion.Flecky is my favrit player,i agree he hasn't been at his best but just lately i think there's been definate signs he's getting some form back.Flecky seemed to struggle a bit after returning from Jock duty in the past but in my opinion along with the Magic Hat has been our best/most consistent player in the WILDER years up to this season.I would have let Billy,Jags leave after last season but Billy may be a threat next season as a sub if we do as most expect us to do and get relegated.UTMPB
You know I have to say....Basham Rod.

Norwood was outstanding in the championship, but its two years on and he's no Pirlo. He will be 30 and legs are not there. If we keep him and come straight back up there is no place for him anyway. Get rid whilst we may get a fee. Bash will do for a season in the Champs but then has to move on. Fleck looks like he wants away, we should let him go.

Up front we have enough, Billy off the bench next year in the champs might be worth 5/6 goals but Midfield wise if we lose Sander we will need 3/4 at least

Norwood was outstanding in the championship, but its two years on and he's no Pirlo. He will be 30 and legs are not there. If we keep him and come straight back up there is no place for him anyway. Get rid whilst we may get a fee. Bash will do for a season in the Champs but then has to move on. Fleck looks like he wants away, we should let him go.

Up front we have enough, Billy off the bench next year in the champs might be worth 5/6 goals but Midfield wise if we lose Sander we will need 3/4 at least
I don't think Norwood overly relies on his speed,in the prem he tends to get caught in possession where as in the Championship he tends to get away with it and 30 is hardly old for a footballer.I still rate Flecky highly but i respect your opinion but i suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on this.Fulham beating Manure 1-0.:censor:UTMPB