Dieting. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Dieting.

Good morning. Well, I quit for a year. A long and boring story related to starting my first business that I will save you all from. Say thank you.

I hope Ex makes it. Nothing better to clear the mind and ignite the ambition to higher levels

Grey skies, 4 degrees today. Might clear later.

Hosting an employee trivia night tonight and a friends trivia night tomorrow night. Eventful weekend huh? Naff me.

Anyway, on we plough with a smile and thanks to all the people in our life who make it interesting.

THANK YOU 80

I worry about EX dehydrating 8 months without a drink....madness!

To my mind it is the doughnut theory that wins......

Envision a ring doughnut.
Inner ring represents what you know and outer ring what you do not know.
If someone tells you something you don't know the outer ring expands at a greater rate than the inner as you realise that you now know even less because of that information.
As many know drinking alcohol kills brain cells.
So the answer is to go down the pub drink yourself silly AND make sure you do not talk or listen to anyone incase they say something you do not know!

:thumbup:

It begins from May 1st as I am being allowed shortly after that, to move to my cottage in Sussex as my daughters are both looking like they will be returning to work in May and I have to remain isolated (having previously having had open-heart surgery after a big damaging car accident a long time ago, and the doc thinks I shouldn't take the risk even now); I expect a tough time, but will let you know if I slip.

The main thing Ex as that you keep healthy, both physically and mentally.

I'm sure the move to Sussex will do you the world of good.

Like I said, if it is tough, it will definitely be worthwhile.:clap:

Brilliant post Hobo.
Nice topic. I was always fit and healthy. Done marathons and played sport until a football injury left me unable to walk properly. I was then a keen biker but the mileage I was putting in both off road and on road just caused me even more pain in the long run. Eventually i became scared of the pain I was causing myself and the inability to sleep because of it. I gave up and became a fat bastard. I hate it.

Anyhow, I have 2 fit and active kids. One is a football referee and the other has ambitions of representing GB in the olympics in the next 4 or 5 yrs. Instead of exercising I spend all my time helping them achieve their goals. Even though I have never had experience in my daughters sport I taught myself and now coach her against people who have decades of experience. I love it.

Isolation has changed this a bit. Instead of rushing home from work to blast off somewhere to train, we now do it at home. I have time to join in myself. We are able to schedule things a lot easier. I am now joining in with HIT circuits, normal circuits, cycling (flat track and no more spds) weight sessions. I don’t seem to be losing much weight but feel a lot better for it. I draw the line at going for a run because of my knees but I am definately fitter than I was before isolation.

With regards to eating we have changed our habits for the better. We make a plan for the entire week and stick to it. I don’t buy McDonald’s at work and I haven’t had sausage and chips for a couple of months now. I am eating more fresh cooked food, better food and more expensive food than ever before. But we are spending less because we eat together and eat the right things

Has anyone seen that doco on Dynamo, the magician? It details his battle with Chrones disease and the impact prednisone has on his body and life in general.

Well, it's just about me to a tee. However my battle is on a far greater scale. His face blew up after 3 weeks of taking the drug. I've been on it every day since I was 19 and I'm now 54 on 30th April. I was super fit when first prescribed the drug prednisone, long before they side effects were known. Due to my physical activity and my bodys' ability to fight the effects of the drug, I showed very little signs of the effects for about 15 years...then my body just changed.

Everyone's body generates or makes steroid naturally (approx 11-12 mg per day. As I've been taking it orally for decades meaning
my body no longer produces natural steroid. I've been told I have 3 days to live if I stop taking the drug that is actually slowly killing me.

Anyway, I'm still performing due intelligence on Isagenix, which looks like will be the new program I'll adopt for a while.

Does anyone know anything about it. I'm so pissed off it was presented in a way that stunk of pyramid selling, which it was. I may have to look past all that and concentrate on what it can do for my health.

Seriously, if you know anything about Isagenix, other than what is available on the net, please share.

As RD rightly said fast track diets rarely work. Eating a healthy & balanced diet is key to maintaining a fine figure.

I rarely do much exercise nowadays. I may walk the dogs for an hour or two each morning but otherwise i only do 60 push ups in the evening. That only takes a minute or two so no big lifestyle changes are necessary ie running, gym etc etc. I've never been overweight although my weight does fluctuate a couple of pounds here & there, however it's not something i really fret about.

Morning breakfast routine for me in the morning.....

1. Glass of water. Around 400-500ml. Sometimes I add Lemon or Lime. Flush out the toxins much quicker.

2. Large Coffee. I use Kenco at the moment. 2 teaspoons. A teaspoon of Stevia. A dash of coconut milk.

2. Hemp smoothie=

400-500ml of hemp milk.
30g of Hemp protein powder.
Table spoon of Hemp seeds.
Table spoon of Flaxseeds.
Table spoon of Cacao.
Tea spoon of Cinnamon.
1-2 Dates.
100g of berries.
60g of Oats.

The mutts nuts.

Last edited:
Morning breakfast routine for me in the morning.....

1. Glass of water. Around 400-500ml. Sometimes I add Lemon or Lime. Flush out the toxins much quicker.

2. Large Coffee. I use Kenco at the moment. 2 teaspoons. A teaspoon of Stevia. A dash of coconut milk.

2. Hemp smoothie=

400-500ml of hemp milk.
30g of Hemp protein powder.
Table spoon of Hemp seeds.
Table spoon of Flaxseeds.
Table spoon of Cacao.
Tea spoon of Cinnamon.
1-2 Dates.
60g of Oats.

The mutts nuts.

How does Muttley feel about this?

Ordered and paid for my Isagenix Premium pack with "lactose free" ingredients. $630 for the first month. Should be on my door step by 5th May...then look out world!
Already cut out all soft drinks. sweets etc. (was never a big consumer of either) Eating smaller portions. Walking the dog through the Koala Bush Trails every Sat and Sunday, but no energy yet to exercise during the week, as I leave for work at 6:30am and get home at 6pm.

I suffer from sleep apnea and insomnia so always feel drained.
These new Insagenix products will hopefully give me the energy to be more active before and after work.

All the best to those making lifestyle changes right now. At least something good will come from this crisis.