Dier nominated for PL's player of the month | Vital Football

Dier nominated for PL's player of the month

Spursex

Alert Team
Tottenham Hotspur fans are delighted to see Eric Dier nominated for the Premier League’s Player of the Month award for August.

It’s fair to say that Dier and Sanchez went into this campaign facing a sizeable amount of questions.

Dier didn’t looked particularly solid under Jose (then, no one did), and there was a widespread feeling amongst some Spurs fans that he needed to be replaced.

At the start of the summer there was even speculation that Dier, who is on an £85,000-a-week contract (Sportekz), could be sold.

Spurs have not conceded in any of their first three games.

During this time Dier has formed a partnership with Davinson Sanchez which has been rock solid. And Tottenham supporters are delighted to see Dier back to his best again.

There is nothing worse in football than people who have the blinkers on about players. We have our fair share on this site. I used to love Dier and thought he would go on to be our Bobby Moore once his spell in midfield expired. Unfortunately he regressed and has looked poor to be truthful.

I cant think of anything much more pleasing than a loyal player who has had his tribulations having a period of success and long may it continue. Fully deserved and maybe will save us a huge amount of money in the future.

There is nothing worse in football than people who have the blinkers on about players. We have our fair share on this site. I used to love Dier and thought he would go on to be our Bobby Moore once his spell in midfield expired. Unfortunately he regressed and has looked poor to be truthful.

I cant think of anything much more pleasing than a loyal player who has had his tribulations having a period of success and long may it continue. Fully deserved and maybe will save us a huge amount of money in the future.

I still believe Dier has everything to be a top CB, if not the best English one, last year was a year to forget, so he gets a pass from me and before that he was just beginning to learn the position.

Under a new manager with better direction, I expect him to do much better.

I still believe Dier has everything to be a top CB, if not the best English one, last year was a year to forget, so he gets a pass from me and before that he was just beginning to learn the position.

Under a new manager with better direction, I expect him to do much better.

Could go either way, which is the same could be said about Sanchez. I think they have paid the price of nursing a year or two too long out of Alders. If we can get the 3 of our CH (4 with Tanganga in a couple of years) to gel then we can consider it a settled position for quite a long time.

Alternatively Dier & Sanchez keep having brain farts, Tanganga gets injured and our Argentinian gets sent off every other game. Take your pick

Well played Eric! may you get better n better.

With what we have now there is a solid hard to score against defence forming, so over to you Nuno, with probably two Plans A n B to sort our, 4 or 3 across/at the back, I have every confidence in ya!

Could go either way, which is the same could be said about Sanchez. I think they have paid the price of nursing a year or two too long out of Alders. If we can get the 3 of our CH (4 with Tanganga in a couple of years) to gel then we can consider it a settled position for quite a long time.

Alternatively Dier & Sanchez keep having brain farts, Tanganga gets injured and our Argentinian gets sent off every other game. Take your pick

I love the optimism....:thumbup::grinning:

I feel bad for sanchez as he's been our stand out but happy for any of our players to be put forward. I can't remember Dier making any mistakes last month.

He made a horrendous one at Wolves.

He got caught napping a few times against City as well with poor positional play.

He was pretty much faultless against Watford.

He has improved massively and Nuno and Skippy have really helped him go up another gear.

Tottenham Hotspur fans are delighted to see Eric Dier nominated for the Premier League’s Player of the Month award for August.

It’s fair to say that Dier and Sanchez went into this campaign facing a sizeable amount of questions.

Dier didn’t looked particularly solid under Jose (then, no one did), and there was a widespread feeling amongst some Spurs fans that he needed to be replaced.

At the start of the summer there was even speculation that Dier, who is on an £85,000-a-week contract (Sportekz), could be sold.

Spurs have not conceded in any of their first three games.

During this time Dier has formed a partnership with Davinson Sanchez which has been rock solid. And Tottenham supporters are delighted to see Dier back to his best again.
Happy for him, but for me Sanchez has been the better of the two. I have not been a fan of Sanchez but his improvement has been nothing short of remarkable, I hope he keeps it up.

Right back , centre back , midfield , centre back , right back , left behind , left out , centre back .
It’s been a weird time for him .
Fair play to the man , like Alli , has never complained publicly, and always got in with it .

Great to see his efforts being recognised .

On your school of thought, why hasn't Japhet got the vote ahead of all our players? He owned Grealish and Sterling, and still didn't make the shortlist.
I suspect it might have something to do with the run around Traore gave him, but I take your point.