DID THE DOCTOR PULL THE PLUG? | Page 3 | Vital Football

DID THE DOCTOR PULL THE PLUG?

Plus, it's not set in stone yet that we'll lose the 12 points.

Considering what has been come to the front today with this international scam and surely a pending international lawsuit for fraud, and it is only 4 weeks since they passed the EFL proper test, including the video from Parry today that suggests the "owners" have bet on us going down to make money, we have a great cause, a lot of fans of other clubs just assume we have overspent, they don't bother to research as to what's gone on at Wigan and just make the standard admin assumption. We didn't need to go into admin. Its only three weeks until the end of the season. Why now? Very, very shady. I really don't think this 12 points is warranted, might be bias, but this is a unique case of a club going into administration and I just cant see us failing an appeal. But its still safe to prepare for the points anyway, and it still gives the player the fight we desperately need to win all our remaining games.

Considering what has been come to the front today with this international scam and surely a pending international lawsuit for fraud, and it is only 4 weeks since they passed the EFL proper test, including the video from Parry today that suggests the "owners" have bet on us going down to make money, we have a great cause, a lot of fans of other clubs just assume we have overspent, they don't bother to research as to what's gone on at Wigan and just make the standard admin assumption. We didn't need to go into admin. Its only three weeks until the end of the season. Why now? Very, very shady. I really don't think this 12 points is warranted, might be bias, but this is a unique case of a club going into administration and I just cant see us failing an appeal. But its still safe to prepare for the points anyway, and it still gives the player the fight we desperately need to win all our remaining games.
Don’t read to much into this betting think it’s fake

Would advise people not to get their hopes up on this. Yes it all sounds dodgy and possibly illegal, but this is the EFL and this is little Wigan who will gain zero favours from the EFL or any independent panel. Nothing can change the fact that we lost 9 million quid last annum. Covid can't be used as an excuse or else any club could go into admin and use that as an excuse to avoid a points deduction. I can't see us finding rock solid proof of any wrongdoing across the ocean and would be genuinely shocked if we got out of it. Imagine the lawsuits from the relegated clubs!

You can hope for the best, but always expect the worst.

Where is this video with Parry has anyone seen it ????

It's laughable. Some bloke mumbling about a bet on us to go down whilst you see a video of someone's sandaled feet
As if Rick Parry would even come out with a piece of gossip like that especially whilst the person he's talking to is holding his phone out 😂😂

Apparently the clip of the efl chairman is real - from Alan Nixon who claims he has spoken to the efl. I mean Jesus Christ if the actual rumour is true then it’s 100% fraud given the change in ownership, contacting the admin the same day, triggering it day after we were virtually safe.

To be honest it could well be true, as given the bizarre circumstances of this it actually makes sense. Whilst it may explain the why, it won’t help us going forward as we’re still in admin, still need a new buyer and still looking at a point deduction and anything else these clowns at the efl throw st us.

I completely agree Franco.
Think what you want to id be delighted if you're right but to me its overly optimistic to thinj we wont hit more than a few hiccups against sides in and around the foot of the table scrapping for their lives.

I just cant see it ok.
I see a few draws coming.

Think what you want to id be delighted if you're right but to me its overly optimistic to thinj we wont hit more than a few hiccups against sides in and around the foot of the table scrapping for their lives.

I just cant see it ok.
I see a few draws coming.

Danny, separate the issues:
- should there be a points deduction?
- if so, should it be 12 or less?
- regardless, how does the outlook of the team appear?

The answers are:
- maybe
- certainly not 12
- excellent.

For a fan to moan (after a late victory for a team who've really been struggling, which actually keeps another struggling team right down in the mix) that we're done .......it's quite sad.

Not sure if you do twitter, but if you do, follow some of the players, and feed off their determination and grit.

We may well go down ........... but knocking over the king with 6 games still to go is not what's required.

The answers are:
- maybe
- certainly not 12
- excellent.

For a fan to moan (after a late victory for a team who've really been struggling, which actually keeps another struggling team right down in the mix) that we're done .......it's quite sad.

Not sure if you do twitter, but if you do, follow some of the players, and feed off their determination and grit.

We may well go down ........... but knocking over the king with 6 games still to go is not what's required.

What is your problem man im entitled to my point of view just as much as you are. For me personally, saying were done is NOT through lack of belief of the team but lack of belief of the position we now find ourselves in!!!!

I feel its a too big a gap to fil thats all.

1. Should there be a points deduction
Morally and ethically.... HELL NO!

realistically in practice .... yes there will be. The reason for that is the corrupt organisation we are dealing with. They are not fair, reasoned and just. They simply do not care, if you fall foul of their rules they will punish you in this life or the next one thats just how they are. Ive accepted they will hit us with a large 12 points reduction.

2. You say not 12, if im not mistaken dont they hit all clubs with a 12 point reduction for administration? Its a set guidline. Now obviously your going to say we will appeal. Regardless of your moral beliefs which i also share im afraid they wont want to change the rules for a club like US. We are not Leeds United or West Ham we are little Wigan and weve been pissing of the football pyramid for decades. They wont want to accept any liablity in the fit and proper persons test....when have they ever? That to me is more unlikely than us going on an almost perfect run to stay up ourselves.

3. So finally I would actually challenge your opinion that our chances are excellent. In fact quite the opposite, we have an absolute mountain to climb.

Of late weve seen boro win at home and appoint warnock the best manager in terms of record in the league, they are going to stay up kicking and screaming id be gobsmacked if they got relegated now to league 1.

last night we then saw boro lose to hull which has weakened our position further as all the teams are winning around us now, barnsley and charlton also keep picking up the odd points here and there. The fact that we need to win our games is one thing, but if teams around us also play well and hit some form we will need more and more points. Yesterday night was sods law with hulls win, meaning the defecit is now 6 not 4. its going to be very difficult as these teams havent stopped their seasons here, they are going to carry on scrapping and you know it.

so im not negative im realistic. Our best chance is that a team below us hits administration before the season is out but we cannot bank on that either,

Would advise people not to get their hopes up on this. Yes it all sounds dodgy and possibly illegal, but this is the EFL and this is little Wigan who will gain zero favours from the EFL or any independent panel. Nothing can change the fact that we lost 9 million quid last annum. Covid can't be used as an excuse or else any club could go into admin and use that as an excuse to avoid a points deduction. I can't see us finding rock solid proof of any wrongdoing across the ocean and would be genuinely shocked if we got out of it. Imagine the lawsuits from the relegated clubs!

You can hope for the best, but always expect the worst.
Could not agree more, I agree with everything youve said summed up my head perfectly.

What is your problem man im entitled to my point of view just as much as you are. For me personally, saying were done is NOT through lack of belief of the team but lack of belief of the position we now find ourselves in!!!!

I feel its a too big a gap to fil thats all.

What on earth does that mean?

Of course you're allowed your point of view ...... no-one's stopping you voicing it ...... I'm just arguing that it's unnecessarily defeatist.

You initially said "we're done" straight after Hull beat Boro, so presumably, it was football reasoning that drove your thoughts .......not "the position we now find ourselves in".

3. So finally I would actually challenge your opinion that our chances are excellent. In fact quite the opposite, we have an absolute mountain to climb.

That's my point Danny .......having a mountain to climb doesn't mean that we're "done". ...........and yes, I do think our chances are excellent....... based on our form, the reaction of the players, our future opposition, and the uncertainty of the 12 point penalty.

Actually, the betting thing, if true, could see us booted out full stop ....... but that's a different matter completely.

so im not negative im realistic.

See it as you will. I saw it that you wrote us off with Hull's win..........and that was definitely extremely negative. ......... in my opinion.

The answers are:
- maybe
- certainly not 12
- excellent.

Moonay ive changed my mind.

I think this betting scandal is an absolute game changer, not even one they will weasel out of. I think now they have accepted that its parry in the video and he openly admits to being aware of there being a rumour of betting fraud. Then surely that means they should have investigated it fully before allowing the takeover bid to be accepted. I think there would be a massive lawsuit if they did dock 12 this year and we happened to go down, they literally stood there and effectively said yes we didnt do our fit and proper person test accurately and with enough due care. Surely this will be enough to suspend the points deduction a year so they can fully investigate or to wipe it completely because of their shocking governance. Fingers crossed now.

Although id not be suprised if they absolved us of one thing and shafted us on a betting scandal either it is the efl.

That was my thinking throughout anyways. I thought my thinking was reasonable.

What on earth does that mean?

Of course you're allowed your point of view ...... no-one's stopping you voicing it ...... I'm just arguing that it's unnecessarily defeatist.

You initially said "we're done" straight after Hull beat Boro, so presumably, it was football reasoning that drove your thoughts .......not "the position we now find ourselves in".

That's my point Danny .......having a mountain to climb doesn't mean that we're "done". ...........and yes, I do think our chances are excellent....... based on our form, the reaction of the players, our future opposition, and the uncertainty of the 12 point penalty.

Actually, the betting thing, if true, could see us booted out full stop ....... but that's a different matter completely.

See it as you will. I saw it that you wrote us off with Hull's win..........and that was definitely extremely negative. ......... in my opinion.

On a footballing perspective I think we would go down, im just being bloody honest. I did think we were done, 4 points and no one else pulling away further is hard enough in this division but 6 points as a bare minimum yes that was a step too far for me.

Its my opinion !!!!! You think im negative i dont care, I think its realism. I think its incredible you think our run will last forever and others will keep losing, if anything the opposite will happen they will pick up more points from now untill the end of the campaign. Its likely we would need to win 4 or 5 of those games as other clubs will hit winning runs as teams fighting for their lives often do thus the gap grows bigger and bigger.

Moonay ive changed my mind.

I think this betting scandal is an absolute game changer, not even one they will weasel out of. I think now they have accepted that its parry in the video and he openly admits to being aware of there being a rumour of betting fraud. Then surely that means they should have investigated it fully before allowing the takeover bid to be accepted. I think there would be a massive lawsuit if they did dock 12 this year and we happened to go down, they literally stood there and effectively said yes we didnt do our fit and proper person test accurately and with enough due care. Surely this will be enough to suspend the points deduction a year so they can fully investigate or to wipe it completely because of their shocking governance. Fingers crossed now.

Although id not be suprised if they absolved us of one thing and shafted us on a betting scandal either it is the efl.

That was my thinking throughout anyways. I thought my thinking was reasonable.
Thing is Danny, you don't know how long they've known about the betting thing. It might only have been in the last few days. But you're right ........ it changes things significantly.