Did i miss the gay marriage vote? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Did i miss the gay marriage vote?

david-avfc - 5/2/2013 22:18

whats the big deal over gay marriage, whats wrong with a civil partnership, the terms are basically synonymous anyway. Big deal over nothing in my opinion.

So lets scrap marriage?

Maybe we should make mixed race couples just have a civil partnership?

Be best not to let disabled people marry or breed as well.

You see, those sentiments in a modern world would be called repugnant but gayers can still be victimised.

Live and let live, people should stop worrying and feeling threatened by people who are different to them.

We had segregation and didn't allow mixed marriages? I think you're getting your countries mixed up there mate.

I don't think any other country in the world would have accepted the mass immigration ours has seen in the past 50 years as peacefully as the UK has done.

The Fear - 5/2/2013 22:13

We elect them, for good and for bad. Are they meant to consult us in every issue? If so how, a referendum for every single change in law? It wouldn't be workable.

When the govt wants to pass a law that effects us, or declare a war or cut your local hospital funding etc a given number of signatures on an issue should initiate a referendum. They do something similar in Switzerland.

You also go to local govt instead of a central nanny state that thinks it knows best.

Simple representative direct democracy. You agree with this one, but wait until they do something you don't agree with which effects you. You will want your say then.

Agreed ^^. It's a pity people can't just live their lives, be happy for others without caring too much who they share their life with. As for getting married in a Church, i see what you mean Fear but there will still be some gay people who follow a faith, no idea why myself too but you gotta respect that.

The whole gay debate in religion is stupid anyway, people believe things they want to believe. Nowhere in the Bible does 'Jesus' say anything about Homosexualists and this is a book that is full of hate for all different kinds of things. Blah!

Let everyone be happy, smile, whatever will be will be! ( But were not going to Wembley unfortunately)

The Fear - 5/2/2013 22:23

whats the big deal over gay marriage, whats wrong with a civil partnership, the terms are basically synonymous anyway. Big deal over nothing in my opinion.

So lets scrap marriage?

You see, those sentiments in a modern world would be called repugnant but gayers can still be victimised.

Live and let live, people should stop worrying and feeling threatened by people who are different to them.

im just saying i dont know the difference between the 2 things.

We elect them, for good and for bad. Are they meant to consult us in every issue? If so how, a referendum for every single change in law? It wouldn't be workable.

That's what a manifesto is supposed to be for mate. For a prospective Govt to inform us what their policies will be and what legislation they will introduce.

Everyone would get a say in bikini inspectors Britain. That's the point, had the mps voted against gays they would have been shafted. They would have been asking where is the democracy.

My concerns about this law are are the people who don't agree going to have rights too?

IE: Is the teacher in school going to be forced to teach somethings he/she doesn't agree with because of his/her beliefs or will they be sacked? Will that be the same for the R.E teacher?. What happens in faith schools?

Are a couple who want to adopt or foster going to be turned down on grounds of beliefs?

The law on this isn't just black & white? Alot that has to be thought through as human rights cuts both ways

david-avfc - 5/2/2013 22:31

The Fear - 5/2/2013 22:23

So lets scrap marriage?

im just saying i dont know the difference between the 2 things.

Straight people mostly use the front entrance, gay people the back.

Hope that helps! :17:

Jonah - 5/2/2013 22:31

That's what a manifesto is supposed to be for mate. For a prospective Govt to inform us what their policies will be and what legislation they will introduce.

Yup. And then they do what they want. That is why the more I studied gov and politics at uni, the less I liked it.

Bikini Inspector - 5/2/2013 22:27

When the govt wants to pass a law that effects us, or declare a war or cut your local hospital funding etc a given number of signatures on an issue should initiate a referendum. They do something similar in Switzerland.

You also go to local govt instead of a central nanny state that thinks it knows best.

Simple representative direct democracy. You agree with this one, but wait until they do something you don't agree with which effects you. You will want your say then.

What the system SHOULD do and what the system DOES do are two totally different things.

There is no way the ruling elite of this country, including the Whitehall and old school tie people, would give the masses a say.

To get that we would need a revolution and in all honestly British people moan but are basically too laid back to rise. We tut instead.

Loathsome spotted toads yer average politician in my 'umble.

As has been said before, most of us couldn't give a flying whatsname about gays in these enlightened times. I just think there are far more important issues for our leaders to worry about and apply their vast intellects to.

The Fear - 5/2/2013 22:37

Yup. And then they do what they want. That is why the more I studied gov and politics at uni, the less I liked it.

That's my point, why don't we get a vote on these things? Why are they doing what they want without consulting us?

kefkat - 5/2/2013 22:33

My concerns about this law are are the people who don't agree going to have rights too?

IE: Is the teacher in school going to be forced to teach somethings he/she doesn't agree with because of his/her beliefs or will they be sacked? Will that be the same for the R.E teacher?. What happens in faith schools?

Are a couple who want to adopt or foster going to be turned down on grounds of beliefs?

The law on this isn't just black & white? Alot that has to be thought through as human rights cuts both ways

So you want to control what we learn now. God help us. :3: human rights for teachers so they only teach their view. That is some mighty dangerous thinking.

Already had that, had to be forced to be taught the lies within the bible. Works both ways, where were my rights bring indoctrinated in the utter balls of the beliefs of the teacher?

If they can't do their job and teach all views, then they should not be teachers or they should go to single faith schools where at least parents have the choice not to be silly enough to send them there.

Any way i read it, it just comes over as discriminatory hatred to me.

But it is easier for me, I'm a free thinker.

:56:

Who started this f**king topic!?

I'd best say night. But only to the gayers and people who agree with me obviously.

The thing that made me laugh at how out of touch these MP's are though today was a comment from one of the MP's. He was a Tory, knighted as well and he said something like, '' There are a lot of people that are gravelly worried about this bill''. That's what worries me. They sit in a house for 4 hours to heckle others over a small topic like this deciding who has the right to be happy in life or not. Isn't there more important factors to '' gravelly'' worry about in this country? Order.... Order!

Bikini Inspector - 5/2/2013 22:41

The Fear - 5/2/2013 22:37

That's my point, why don't we get a vote on these things? Why are they doing what they want without consulting us?

Because we allow them.

We always will because our people are too apathetic to stand up and say enough is enough.

Politicians fiddling expenses? We tut and forget about it and they go back to doing it.

Sending our brave military to illegal wars or to countries we have no right to be in? We do nothing.

Bankers crippling the country and politicians helping us per head to take on massive debt? We moan and carry on as normal instead of organising a run on the banks who have ruined us or withdrawing our funds from the, currently, state owned banks who still won't loan but pay their chiefs fortunes in bonuses.

Funny old game.

The Fear - 5/2/2013 22:45

kefkat - 5/2/2013 22:33

So you want to control what we learn now. God help us. :3: human rights for teachers so they only teach their view. That is some mighty dangerous thinking.

Already had that, had to be forced to be taught the lies within the bible. Works both ways, where were my rights bring indoctrinated in the utter balls of the beliefs of the teacher?

If they can't do their job and teach all views, then they should not be teachers or they should go to single faith schools where at least parents have the choice not to be silly enough to send them there.

Any way i read it, it just comes over as discriminatory hatred to me.

But it is easier for me, I'm a free thinker.

:56:

Who started this f**king topic!?

I'd best say night. But only to the gayers and people who agree with me obviously.

It's happening already. Most teachers are left wing guardianistas these days, filling our kids heads full of their PC shit.

randy.stand - 5/2/2013 22:50

The thing that made me laugh at how out of touch these MP's are though today was a comment from one of the MP's. He was a Tory, knighted as well and he said something like, '' There are a lot of people that are gravelly worried about this bill''. That's what worries me. They sit in a house for 4 hours to heckle others over a small topic like this deciding who has the right to be happy in life or not. Isn't there more important factors to '' gravelly'' worry about in this country? Order.... Order!

You would hope they would have bigger issues to be worried about wouldn't you? The maiming of our young soldiers abroad who then come home and get no help for a start. The homeless etc.

But every day the press fill their columns with this is a day the real problems of the country are 'forgotten' hence you can call me Dave has also been talking about a referendum he knows he can't deliver because he won't be in power.

Night all!

Jonah - 5/2/2013 22:52

It's happening already. Most teachers are left wing guardianistas these days, filling our kids heads full of their PC shit.

God you are a Luddite.

Jonah, mate, kids HAVE to be taught how to use computers, the abacus just isn't enough in this day and age.