"Deserves A Crack" - Hutton Expects This Villa Talent To Have A First Team Impact Next Season | Vital Football

"Deserves A Crack" - Hutton Expects This Villa Talent To Have A First Team Impact Next Season

Would love to see him get a proper chance, if, as Hutton says, he's done well on loan. Got a lot of energy that kid, maybe him and McGinn could boss the midfield for us.

I think Ramsey has moved ahead of him in the pecking order now, I fully expect another Mitch Clark situation .
I hope not because Callum was the one who caught my eye about 3 years ago playing for the u23's

I think another season out on loan for all the current crop at Championship clubs next season is best. If they boss the Championship like Tuanzebe, Abraham, Mount etc did, bring them back and give them a shot.

He is the best player Carlisle had last season. Ditto Coventry this season. He's often looked good for us too in the ltd opportunities he's been given. My view is he would have been a real asset to us in the PL this season - given the limitations of our options in midfield and on the flanks, it is a huge concern to me that younger players aren't given the opportunities to show what they can do. Many of the top teams manage to blood, and quite consistently pick teenagers who show they can deliver the goods. Please get him signed up. It is mad he is not signed up already.

A bit of busted flush for me.

Looked a prospect a couple of years ago but at 21 now I'm not convinced he's going to make the step up. He's a decent footballer with technique and nice quick movements into space, clever, but seems to be seriously lacking physically.

If we go down he's probably worth another look but if we stay up I cannot see any place here for him.

A bit of busted flush for me.

Looked a prospect a couple of years ago but at 21 now I'm not convinced he's going to make the step up. He's a decent footballer with technique and nice quick movements into space, clever, but seems to be seriously lacking physically.

If we go down he's probably worth another look but if we stay up I cannot see any place here for him.

Apparently doesn't want a new contract.

He is the best player Carlisle had last season. Ditto Coventry this season. He's often looked good for us too in the ltd opportunities he's been given. My view is he would have been a real asset to us in the PL this season - given the limitations of our options in midfield and on the flanks, it is a huge concern to me that younger players aren't given the opportunities to show what they can do. Many of the top teams manage to blood, and quite consistently pick teenagers who show they can deliver the goods. Please get him signed up. It is mad he is not signed up already.

Another reason I want Smith gone is the lies about giving youth a chance.

People were saying the same about Jack not long back mate and if anything O'Hare has been more impressive on loan, given the relative quality of loan sides in my humble. 12 month extension (I don't believe the doesn't want a deal shit just yet). But he's not ready yet for me, unless we go down.

Nope, he has. Look at those used - and also DS has spoken about wanting a relevant youth department, we don't have one yet.

We were told before Smith came here that he plays the youth and if they have a bad game he persists with them, I have seen zero evidence of this, in fact players who have a good game seem to get dropped. I'd much rather see Vassilev in the squad other than El Ghazi and Trez. Also you already know the main reasons I want him out.

Also we have a relevant youth development department, it just never gets utilised.

We were told before Smith came here that he plays the youth and if they have a bad game he persists with them, I have seen zero evidence of this, in fact players who have a good game seem to get dropped. I'd much rather see Vassilev in the squad other than El Ghazi and Trez. Also you already know the main reasons I want him out.

Also we have a relevant youth development department, it just never gets utilised.

Nah not having that matey, he did use youth, once they'd been bedded into his system from their B squad for at least 12 months and as we know, the good Tweeter was closing our Academy, we lost players (my own personal gripe about Jack Clarke aside) we had no options.

He has used the new promising options when needed, yes because he had to, the likes of Doyle-Hayes, O'Hare et al needed better competitive action - especially if we want them to step up to the PL.

Most of our established first team haven't been with the club for 12 months, neither have our U23 squad/U18 squad. You don't 'persist' with a youngster in the Prem, it kills their confidence, you introduce them slowly with a backing.

We have no backing, we barely have a first team.

You might rather see Vass than others, because he's ran around a bit - Trez/El Ghazi have goals and assists between them. But I guarantee if he played every week Vass would be the new Davies - lump doesn't score, headless chicken - the kids career is over before it began.

We've been here before.

Name one Brentford youngster Smith threw in straight away and I'll tell you, you can't mate. Their B team and youth are drilled as per first team style - when NSWE took over we barely had a youth set up left, that's why there's been a good change over in players, that's why our new Academy head is barely 2 years into the job.

Smith has nowt behind him yet, Fox wasn't interested in the Academy, Xia certainly wasn't - we were years behind when NSWE arrived - don't criticise him for not throwing sheep to the wolves.

Might be time for bed, that was a longer post than I imagined lol

I can't be arsed to search around the internet for hours but it was one of the main points Villa fans were harping on about that they wanted Smith here.

Keinan Davis is another one it would be terrible to lose, and never a headless chicken. He works hard, he runs, he shields, he brings others into the game, and he has never been given a decent run either - injuries not having helped him. Ok not a goal scorer to date, but instead of Wesley and now Samatta isolated, Davis would be a cog in the team. Next season I believe both Davis and O Hare will be doing it at a high level, please hopefully with Villa.
Nobody can prove me wrong or right, only time will tell - but the idea that these two players aren't at least top Championship level and could leave for nothing is definitely not right.

I can't be arsed to search around the internet for hours but it was one of the main points Villa fans were harping on about that they wanted Smith here.
Because we're such a stable bunch aren't we mate PMSL

DS is youthful, when the youth is there and aren't children against aliens (they have to earn it and know their job) - we're not at that point, so that's not a criticism to be levelled in my humble.

Keinan Davis is another one it would be terrible to lose, and never a headless chicken. He works hard, he runs, he shields, he brings others into the game, and he has never been given a decent run either - injuries not having helped him. Ok not a goal scorer to date, but instead of Wesley and now Samatta isolated, Davis would be a cog in the team. Next season I believe both Davis and O Hare will be doing it at a high level, please hopefully with Villa.
Nobody can prove me wrong or right, only time will tell - but the idea that these two players aren't at least top Championship level and could leave for nothing is definitely not right.

But you've seen those saying if we can get £50k for him take it?

I agree completely with you, I wouldn't turn my back on him yet as he's shown enough even though he's still developing. Same goes for O'Hare..... patience seems a lost virtue in the game.

I'll probably be proven wrong but most people love Brian Clough (for his attitude alone?), didn't he reject George Best saying he was too small? I'm still not sure if that's a myth or truth?

Benteke was Heskey Mk 2 until he clicked!

Because we're such a stable bunch aren't we mate PMSL

DS is youthful, when the youth is there and aren't children against aliens (they have to earn it and know their job) - we're not at that point, so that's not a criticism to be levelled in my humble.

DS is also a stubborn **** that will not change his ways, I've had enough of people like him, 3rd rate manager, punched above his weight and has proven 3 quaters of the season he is not capable. He has NOT utilised the Youth.

People were saying the same about Jack not long back mate and if anything O'Hare has been more impressive on loan, given the relative quality of loan sides in my humble. 12 month extension (I don't believe the doesn't want a deal shit just yet). But he's not ready yet for me, unless we go down.
Jack had far more experience at a higher level, premier league football as a teenager. O'Hare hasn't ever performed at a meaningful level, a Championship club loan this season would have been much better to gauge things but clearly no club at that level were interested.

DS is also a stubborn **** that will not change his ways, I've had enough of people like him, 3rd rate manager, punched above his weight and has proven 3 quaters of the season he is not capable. He has NOT utilised the Youth.

Has Vass not played? Who else is there? It's no good shouting 'use the youth' when we don't have them yet as our 'youth' setup was gutted.

People shouting for Barry, why, because he went to Barcelona's Academy - would we want him in the first team if we'd just taken him from WBA's Academy? No.

Jack had far more experience at a higher level, premier league football as a teenager. O'Hare hasn't ever performed at a meaningful level, a Championship club loan this season would have been much better to gauge things but clearly no club at that level were interested.

He does now, because he's played. Jack hadn't played at a meaningful level until he made his debut. In relative terms, O'Hare actually has more experience at this point as he played for us before going out on loan - Jack hadn't from memory.

I agree Champ would've been better, but he's stepped up two seasons in a row and impressed, what more can you want?