Describe your Xmas day...Or at least what your hoping for! | Vital Football

Describe your Xmas day...Or at least what your hoping for!

We plan to go home to Ireland for the festive season - first time since 2010.

Open the presents with the kids, play loads witht he toys with them as the mrs puts the dinner on, settle the babs down for a nap and have a glass of wine with momand dad who visit round for the after noon stodging on cakes and trifles i luv it.

Hosting Xmas day for the first time ever so hoping it's going to be a good one.

Natalie's sister, brother-in-law, niece, niece's partner and her mom all coming round. Unfortunately we don't have the girls this year as they are with their Dad.

Nat's Neice and her fella, and both fun people and he like a drink, so I think it will be ok. Get up, open pressies, comfort Nat who will be upset the girls aren't with us as, then make a start on dinner. Planning to do Turkey, Beef, Goose fat roasties, parsnips, carrots, sprouts, stuffing, LOADS of pigs in blankets. Looking forward to being in charge.

Think we are gonna ask the others to provide starter and pudding as a way of spillting the cost and effort a bit.

Dinner for 2ish, then get hammered play games, and wach TV.

Pretty standard stuff.

wake up between 8-10 am -> Open presents-> play new Xbox game + listen to new CD -> Christmas dinner -> watch TV -> play xbox -> Possibly more TV -> Bed

I'm really not quite sure what to expect this year - we will be visiting family in Blighty, it will be my first Christmas in the UK since 1997 and my wife and kids' first ever.

One thing is for sure, no big gifts due to the need to fit everything into suitcases.

DeanoVilla - 12/11/2013 10:32

LOADS of pigs in blankets.

How very american of you - I always thought they were called sausage rolls :13: lol

david-avfc - 12/11/2013 11:40

wake up between 8-10 am -> Open presents-> play new Xbox game + listen to new CD -> Christmas dinner -> watch TV -> play xbox -> Possibly more TV -> Bed

with an alcoholic drink at some point?

I do have to say though, I get annoyed at people who bang on about christmas way to early, early november is not the time to start christmas threads. This will be going in the "things that annoy you" thread.

sausage rolls are sausage meat in pastry.

Wouldn't want any of those with my crimbo dinner!

How very Norwegian of you! lol

someone on my facebook last night posted a picture of a christmas tree she has put up. 11th November is just way too early!

Barney2004 - 12/11/2013 11:48

someone on my facebook last night posted a picture of a christmas tree she has put up. 11th November is just way too early!

Think my xmas tree last year went up on xmas eve. No one could be bothered to do it.

Barney2004 - 12/11/2013 11:46

david-avfc - 12/11/2013 11:40

with an alcoholic drink at some point?

A bit, I don't like getting drunk with my family - i find it embarrassing, and if I'm not drinking to get drunk I'd rather have a nicer non alcohol drink

I find it almost impossible to get drunk on Xmas day, due to the amount of food I put away.

I always try really really hard to get drunk I make it my mission. I drink wine, champagne, beer, baileys, whiskey, anything I can get my hands on to enable me to get drunk and have a laugh but nothing works due to the food absorbing it all, so I usually end up feeling uncomfortable, fat and sleepy.

i LOVE xmas day...

im hoping for an ipad this christmas.Is there anything that you guys really want?

Think me and Nat are going to be boring this year and rather than buy each other anything, just go halves on a laptop to share, as our current one is fooked!

Do they sell them with windscreen wipers on the screens yet? lol

makes sense dean... something you both actually want instead of speding money on eachother on things you dont even want/need!

My kids are teenagers now so its lost the magic. If I have the chance to work it , I do (I am off this year).

The thing that gets my goat, is my missus. I say to her "instead of me buying you something you dont particularly want, and you buying me something I dont particularly want, why dont we either spend the money on the kids, or get something we want together (I pointed out we needed a new TV for the bedroom as ours was on the way out)

No, she wants " a surprise " and "something to open" - so, because I haven't a sodding clue what she wants, I buy her a scalf, hat and gloves from Superdry - cost £100 , she opens them and the face says "why have you bought me these" and I open my present and it is aftershave I dont like the smell of"

Thus we have just wasted £150

And guess what, in mid January, the bedroom telly finally busts and we dont have the money to replace it !!!.

And the bit that gets me the most......

We will go through the exact same next month !

DeanoVilla - 12/11/2013 12:48

sausage rolls are sausage meat in pastry.

Wouldn't want any of those with my crimbo dinner!

How very Norwegian of you! lol

So what are pigs in a blanket if not sausages in pastry?