Describe your Xmas day...Or at least what your hoping for! | Page 4 | Vital Football

Describe your Xmas day...Or at least what your hoping for!

Thanks James, its been tough just agreeing to have it done. Got the pre op tomorrow. Just want to get in and get it done now.

The Fear - 14/11/2013 14:31

Nah, it is a pub in Alvechurch. I'd really rather not, few of the nice places I like don't open Xmas day.

I think it behoves one of Doug's neighbours to at least tell a few porkies to keep us oiks entertained.

I had you down for lunch at Moor Hall followed by you picking at the contents of your Fortnum's hamper at Fear Towers, as little Nancy from below stairs giggled at your saucy badinage.

I even picked your hamper for you:

http://tinyurl.com/67mhfm6

You're a right let-down young Fear, you really are. :77:

astonion - 14/11/2013 15:53

Thanks James, its been tough just agreeing to have it done. Got the pre op tomorrow. Just want to get in and get it done now.

Good luck mate!

That sounds ok to me Fear. At least you have no ovens on all day, greasy trays/pans etc to wash. You can just go out, fill yourself up and then come back to a nice clean house. I would go out myself for lunch but there is nowhere open within walking distance and I like a wine or two. I dont see point spending all that money if I cant have a drink with Christmas Lunch. I agree too with making the day special for your parents - have a good one mate.

Little bit on the cheap side that hamper onmeheadfred, bit insulted by that!!!!!!!!!!

I have staff for such things Green Tea, please try to be realistic! :17: :35:

Good luck astonion, I'm sure I am safe to say you'll be in all of our thoughts. Let us know how you get on and yes, you can be as grumpy as you want to be... I always am! :17:

The Fear - 14/11/2013 15:20

Little bit on the cheap side that hamper onmeheadfred, bit insulted by that!!!!!!!!!!

It is a tradition of mine to go to the site at this time of year and piss myself laughing at the extravagance

But then I take a look at Harrods and they seem quite reasonable

http://tinyurl.com/p2448fa

:77:

I get a hamper from work every year - the company that provides them is called Hamptons. Always goes down well with the family, and as I get older I find I like more and more of the stuff in there.

Maybe this will be the year I will finally enjoy xmas pudding, although surely that is only for the over 60's!

Just imagine they for some people those prices are nothing! Very unbalanced world!

James06 - 14/11/2013 15:44

I get a hamper from work every year - the company that provides them is called Hamptons. Always goes down well with the family, and as I get older I find I like more and more of the stuff in there.

Maybe this will be the year I will finally enjoy xmas pudding, although surely that is only for the over 60's!

Hampers are always at their best when they are for the grown-ups only.

The Fear - 14/11/2013 15:46

Just imagine they for some people those prices are nothing! Very unbalanced world!

The sort of thing swindling bankers send to each other after they have done a deal on the LIBOR rate. :10:

The Mrs and I are staying home this year. I cook most of the dinner the night before.

Christmas breakfast is a tradition for me. It's usually Bagels with smoked salmon, black pepper and lemon juice, served with champagne.

We only have the best at Christmas. We do not shop art Iceland.

I do go crazy for the Hellmands and the Christmas Ham. Ummmm .....Hammmm

Wake...breakfast...pressies...play...food...play...old folks...pressies...more food...more play...and then every year for some reason the night gets kind of cloudy.

Christmas Eve: Take flowers and Christmas card to the crem for my Grandad. Visit both lots of my Grandparents with the family and mrs and drink all their beer that they get in for our visit. Pub with the mrs, my parents, brother, sister and their partners. Pop to see the mrs' parents. Chill out on the evening back at home with the other half, watch some rubbish on tv, drink Bucks Fizz, wrap presents as I hate wrapping and always leave it until the last minute when half pissed.

Christmas Day: Cup of tea and breakfast in bed. Open a few presents each in bed. Go downstairs and open the rest of our presents (while i'm sat there thinking 'I spent fecking loads and now it looks hardly anything!') round the tree drinking more Bucks Fizz. Pop down her mom and dad's, more presents exchanged. Go to her sister's for dinner, more presents exchanged. Pop back to her mom and dad's because her brother is there, more presents. Then to my parents, more presents. We then stay at my parents' Christmas night, watching some rubbish on tv or playing a daft boardgame whilst eating all their mini cheddars and pringles. The day is played out against a backdrop of me drinking everybody else's beer while mine remains untouched at home.

I do love Christmas. I actually prefer Christmas Eve and the build up to it. I like being in the pub Christmas Eve, The Pogues on the jukebox, everybody in a good mood and in good spirits.

Sounds like you really get into the spirit BCV, a time for giving and goodwill to all men and all that....

I wish someone had warned me that hosting Xmas day would be so fecking expensive and I never would have agreed to it.

When I said yes, I only really factored in the cost of food and drink. So say £50 on booze and £100 on food.

But oh no... we've had to buy a new 48 piece dinner set for £60, and now we need table matts, and coasters, and napkins, and wine glasses, and champagne flutes, and serving dishes... this thing is going to bankrupt me!

And to top it all off.... I've decided if Ive gotta buy all this shite then I'm treating myself too, so I bought a Wireless NFC portable speaker to playthe Xmas day tunes on. Sounds fab. Can put it in any room in the house and then sync it up with both my laptop and phone and switch between the 2. Sweeet...

fist and last time host deano? lol.

look on the bright side.... it'll be cheaper next year and might actually cost what you budgeted this year lol