Describe your Xmas day...Or at least what your hoping for! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Describe your Xmas day...Or at least what your hoping for!

DeanoVilla - 12/11/2013 22:53

M&S do a good triple pack.

Sausages wrapped in bacon
Stuffing wrapped in bacon
and just plain old bacon rolled up but not actually wrapping anything.

Stuffing wrappes in bacon! Genius.

I'll be woken up at 7am by my screaming kids. They'll keep screaming all day until 10pm when they cry themselves to sleep.

BodyButter - 12/11/2013 16:03

I'll be woken up at 7am by my screaming kids. They'll keep screaming all day until 10pm when they cry themselves to sleep.

Just a regular day in one of your classrooms then.

Awake about 8-am and open Stocking from Mr K
Go downstairs and make breakfast (usually lightly scrambled egg with cream and fresh salmon) for us all
Church
Come home and all of us open our presents under the tree
Dinner (which this year we are going out for)
Prep a running buffet
Talk with my Daughter & youngest Son and the in-law side who live abroad by Skype
This year open the A.A meeting as Christmas day falls on a Wednesday. We never shut down. 1st time I have had to open my home group in 7 years since starting the meet so I can't grumble. You would be amazed at how busy we are
Come home and fall into bed.

Footnote: Christmas eve: Walk down to the park where my Mom's ashes are scattered and place a small bunch of flowers, under a tree stump that is covered with moss etc. Have a chat with Mom, come home and do food prep and meal for us on the night. I also have Mom's last Christmas card to us which goes out on the side with the others

holtelower - 12/11/2013 13:05

My kids are teenagers now so its lost the magic. If I have the chance to work it , I do (I am off this year).

The thing that gets my goat, is my missus. I say to her "instead of me buying you something you dont particularly want, and you buying me something I dont particularly want, why dont we either spend the money on the kids, or get something we want together (I pointed out we needed a new TV for the bedroom as ours was on the way out)

No, she wants " a surprise " and "something to open" - so, because I haven't a sodding clue what she wants, I buy her a scalf, hat and gloves from Superdry - cost £100 , she opens them and the face says "why have you bought me these" and I open my present and it is aftershave I dont like the smell of"

Thus we have just wasted £150

And guess what, in mid January, the bedroom telly finally busts and we dont have the money to replace it !!!.

And the bit that gets me the most......

We will go through the exact same next month !

Come on baby where's your spice? She dosnt want a scarf, hat or gloves..She wants something sexy.

Get yourself into the shops where you get the funny stares and pick out something that you want to rip off her on Xmas night with your teeth. Why do you think women love shades of Grey? They want some excitement in the Bedroom, not a TV!

Green Tea - 12/11/2013 23:04

holtelower - 12/11/2013 13:05

My kids are teenagers now so its lost the magic. If I have the chance to work it , I do (I am off this year).

The thing that gets my goat, is my missus. I say to her "instead of me buying you something you dont particularly want, and you buying me something I dont particularly want, why dont we either spend the money on the kids, or get something we want together (I pointed out we needed a new TV for the bedroom as ours was on the way out)

No, she wants " a surprise " and "something to open" - so, because I haven't a sodding clue what she wants, I buy her a scalf, hat and gloves from Superdry - cost £100 , she opens them and the face says "why have you bought me these" and I open my present and it is aftershave I dont like the smell of"

Thus we have just wasted £150

And guess what, in mid January, the bedroom telly finally busts and we dont have the money to replace it !!!.

And the bit that gets me the most......

We will go through the exact same next month !

Come on baby where's your spice? She dosnt want a scarf, hat or gloves..She wants something sexy.

Get yourself into the shops where you get the funny stares and pick out something that you want to rip off her on Xmas night with your teeth. Why do you think women love shades of Grey? They want some excitement in the Bedroom, not a TV!

GT Dude :1: :19: You are religous but mental and funny with it dude :19: seeing you post this is like hearing my mom or dad talk about sex :3: seems so wrong as you are usually so proper, ya saucy devil :177:

kefkat - 12/11/2013 23:33

Oh there is a tiger waiting to get out in all of us Clive :14:

:19: Yeah true but still it just seems so wrong that GT talks about them things damn it he to me is a nice goodie person who would take his jacket off for an old lady at the bus stop or give his seat up on a bus but as you say i suppose even the nice guys and gals have needs :11:

Im coming home, coming home, tell the world Im coming home...

Ah Ill only have been away for 3 months but being away from home for Xmas I dont think I could do it... Well I could but I just dont want to do it...

Il go out Xmas for pints with my bro since we've done it every year for the past 4... Il wake up at 9 or 10 semi hungover and then Il chill and watch some TV waiting for din dins...
At which point Il be back on the beer and after dinner me and my fam will sit at the table and chit chat and have the bants lols and a bit of craic...
Around 6 or 7 some will cash out as the wine gets them but I stick with lagers so Il power on and watch a christmas classic like Die Hard and have a few leftover sambos...

Thats it in a nutshell me thinks...

david-avfc - 12/11/2013 11:52

A bit, I don't like getting drunk with my family - i find it embarrassing, and if I'm not drinking to get drunk I'd rather have a nicer non alcohol drink

You should try it sometime I like it, we're not too far apart age wise Im 24 you're what 20 or so? Maybe you'll change your mind, never know unless you do it the once... Even then Im one for trying everything twice just to make sure... You fool me once shame on me something of that logic ha...
The first year we actually sat at the table and drank for Xmas I was like 20 and my Dad had said it was one of his favourite Xmasses the last 'good' one he had was when I was a kid (Im the youngest)...

Its good though you may hear stories you never would of known about the type they wouldnt even tell you they were getting pissed on a normal day...
I found out what the scar on my head is really from... They use to tell me it was because I crashed my tractor into a wall... What was it really? When I was 4 or 5 my dad was carrying in a Gas bottle and burst me in the head with it when I came running into room to see him for whatever reason...
Theres another story they told me the year after and one about my brother but they slip my mind right now...

Villan Of The North - 13/11/2013 00:17

BodyButter - 12/11/2013 16:03

Just a regular day in one of your classrooms then.

Another day in paradise ;)

Same old!

Wake up about 8am...go and open some presents...have breakfast...watch some crap tv...have a shower...get dressed. Go over to the cemetery where Rich's dad is buried and put some flowers down. Then carry on up the road to his moms, have dinner, watch more crap tv, feel like I'm dying, moan about how his mom is getting on my nerves, get annoyed by his sister being all loud, probably call her a slut at some point, end up being there all day and night, won't end up going home and sleeping in the spare room there.

Then Boxing Day is my day, I go and meet my brothers and have some drinks and food and either go to the Villa or watch the villa away somewhere.

Christmas only means one thing to me - emotional survival.

This is the time of year when the females of the family choose their battle ground and implement the mind-f***s they have been working on for decades.

So beneath the smiling surface of pleasantries and gift-giving the mind-games are at play and the psych ops are in operation.

There is never any blood on the carpet but the collateral damage will be severe and the wounds will take months to heal, if ever.

So I expect the eating and drinking to be good, the presents to be lousy, and the brain-damage to be severe.

LOL, that's the spirit onmeheadfred! I do enjoy your posts!

I'll be going out for Christmas lunch with the parents, going to a place I don't like, but if they are happy, I'm happy. I'll be smiling on the outside and making their day as good as possible whilst my heart will be black and I'll be slowly dying on the inside.

All is well again on Boxing Day though! :3:

#littlebittoodramaticyouthink?!

My Xmas started last weekend taking the kids to the parade in Brum and lights switch on. This weekend it's the Solihull lights with the Octonauts! Winterwonderland, German Market several parties and nativity play all still to come.

The day itself will be morning at home going through santa's delivery (which is all done shhhh)
Full xmas dinner with all the trimmings at the outlaws.
Then once I can move it's onto my sisters with all my family.
Home about 8pm to put the kids to bed and have a cheeseboard and a few drinks with the missus.

I look forward to the 27th when we all meet up and go for a winter walk (usually Kingsbury) and have a picnic of leftovers.

The Fear - 14/11/2013 13:24

!

I'll be going out for Christmas lunch with the parents, going to a place I don't like, but if they are happy, I'm happy.

Knowing how posh you are I bet you are going to be at Moor Hall, shoving it down your neck at a hundred quid a pop. :62:

Nah, it is a pub in Alvechurch. I'd really rather not, few of the nice places I like don't open Xmas day.

Yeah, special times Jim when you have kids. Get better and better as they get a bit older and know what is going on as well. Soak up every single morsel of it mate, precious times.

This year I am hoping for a festive free time. I am going into the new QE hospital next week for major surgery. Up to two weeks in there followed by six weeks recovery and a further six weeks before I can drive. A bit drastic I know to get out of all the usual be nice to everyone season. But it does allow me to be the grumpy old bugger that I am. Bah Humbug.

Blimey! All the best with that astonion, sounds like you've got some tough times ahead mate.