Describe your Xmas day...Or at least what your hoping for! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Describe your Xmas day...Or at least what your hoping for!

Barney2004 - 12/11/2013 12:48

someone on my facebook last night posted a picture of a christmas tree she has put up. 11th November is just way too early!

Delete her from FB then!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, have her shot for crimes against humanity. Hanging's too good for her!!! lol

Villan Of The North - 12/11/2013 13:26

Barney2004 - 12/11/2013 12:48

someone on my facebook last night posted a picture of a christmas tree she has put up. 11th November is just way too early!

Delete her from FB then!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, have her shot for crimes against humanity. Hanging's too good for her!!! lol

ive blocked her posts mate which means she wont be on my newsfeed :35:

Villan Of The North - 12/11/2013 13:25

DeanoVilla - 12/11/2013 12:48

sausage rolls are sausage meat in pastry.

Wouldn't want any of those with my crimbo dinner!

How very Norwegian of you! lol

So what are pigs in a blanket if not sausages in pastry?

party sausages wrapped in bacon

Barney2004 - 12/11/2013 14:34

According to a google search they are just small sausage rlls, no bacon involved.

Villan Of The North - 12/11/2013 13:36

Barney2004 - 12/11/2013 14:34

According to a google search they are just small sausage rlls, no bacon involved.

deano will say the same mate. 100% they are sausages (small ones) wrapped in bacon :35:

Pigs in a blanket google image search:-

[img=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FtV9YdtA3ZU/TOs6tdjMQLI/AAAAAAAABdM/S7_MBouDjPo/s1600/PB2035931.jpg]

I've just read about them on Wiki - apparently pigs in a blanket is sausages wrapped in bacon in the UK but basically mini-sausage rolls in the rest of the world.....so actually we are both right. lol

"Pigs in blankets (also known as Wesley Dogs in parts of the US, and kilted sausages in Scotland) refers to a variety of different sausage-based foods in the United States, United Kingdom, Denmark, Australia, Ireland, Germany, Belgium, Russia, Canada, and Japan. They are typically small in size and can be eaten in one or two bites. For this reason, they are usually served as an appetizer or hors d'oeuvre or are accompanied by other dishes in the 'main course' section of a meal. In the West, especially in the United States and Canada, the bite sized variety of pigs in a blanket..........."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigs_in_blankets

Well I learned something new today anyway.........not that useful for a vegetarian mind. lol

Google aint got a clue.

Pigs in blankets are little cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon. A must for any proper xmas dinner!

I of course, I have pigs in Cardigans.

haha, come on VOTN, if you do an image search for pigs in blankets you do indeed get that picture above............. surrounded by about 600 pictures of sausages wrapped in bacon.

The majority wins!

I had to scroll down to page 2 before seeing anything wrapped in bacon......so yeah, the majority wins. lol

Also, you told me off for Americanising them, and now are saying it's only in the UK that it means sausages in Bacon.

So basically.... you owe me an apology.... which you can pay in the form of a packet or 2 of pigs in blankets. :-)

Barney2004 - 12/11/2013 14:49

ahh there we are then :35:

have you ever had them with bacon? thats what xmas is all about....

Nah.....I'm a veggie.

DeanoVilla - 12/11/2013 14:51

Also, you told me off for Americanising them, and now are saying it's only in the UK that it means sausages in Bacon.

So basically.... you owe me an apology.... which you can pay in the form of a packet or 2 of pigs in blankets. :-)

Apology offered.......but being in Norway the nearest you'll get from me is a petrol station hotdog.

M&S do a good triple pack.

Sausages wrapped in bacon
Stuffing wrapped in bacon
and just plain old bacon rolled up but not actually wrapping anything.

But I can buy you a sausage roll from Greggs over Christmas when I'm visiting. :17: