Derby v Swans | Vital Football

Derby v Swans

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Derby 0 - Swans 0

Team: Woodman, Roberts, Hoorn, Rodon, Bidwell, Fulton, Grimes, Dyer, (Peterson 62’), Celina, Kalulu (Dhanda 68’), Baston (Surridge 68’).

Subs: Nordfelt, Peterson, Surridge, Wilmot, Dhanda, Naughton, Byers

Attendance: 27,337

Ref: Jarred Gillett 4/10

Statistics:
Possession 59% - 41%
Shots 17 - 13
On Target: 3 -3
Corners 8 - 3
Fouls 8 - 14
Bookings: 2 (Keogh,Lawrence) - 1 (Grimes)

It was poor weather for travelling fans, having left Swansea in storm conditions, it turned out to be just a blustery afternoon with intermittent showers at Pride Park. Cudos to those few thousand away fans for making the journey though, they were in fine voice, helped with a little lubrication of course. Squeezed in the South East corner it wasn’t the best of viewing positions and the ones down the front got wet as the odd shower blew the rain in on them.

Only one team change from the Hull match with Kolulu replacing Byers

Here’s the match report link:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49214324

It was a hard fought match with both teams intent on attacking football. With it being so early in the season and both teams introducing new signings it was understandable that there would be some stray passes and snatched at goal chances. Kalulu out wide looked good and will be an asset once integrated, hopefully his injury is only minor.

Great save by Woodman for the penalty and he looked solid throughout.

Draw I thought was a fair result. The ref was very poor. It wasn’t a foul for the penalty and he let a lot of Derby tackles go unpunished. Towards the end he gave several dubious free kicks in dangerous positions as Derby players fell down at the slightest contact, but even with nine minutes injury time they couldn’t break us down despite the favourable reffing.

Rodon and Hoorn solid at the back with a trusted goalkeeper behind them, Connor ran his heart out, a true Jack. I wasn’t impressed with Dhanda when he came on, looked a bit lightweight, and the other subs Surridge and Peterson didn’t make an impression, early days though.

All in all a very creditable draw against the play off finalists of last season.

Well done Jack Army -

At full-time the travelling support gave Woodman a fantastic ovation, and the keeper wanted to pass on his gratitude to the Swans fans,

“It’s massive for me to have support like that,” he said.

“It was my first experience of them away from home and they were fantastic; they were so loud throughout the game.

“During times like this when we were digging in towards the end, it’s massive when they’re behind you. You put everything on the line for them and we just want to thank them.”