Derby v Blues match report | Vital Football

Derby v Blues match report

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
1st half Derby were the better side despite a number of really bad passes and one awful clearance from Carson. Then we had Keogh's miss from 2 yards when he managed to put the ball over the bar. Then they attacked down the right, Adams crossed for Jutkiewicz (sp?) to get the ball on the edge of the area with 10 yards of free space. He put it away clinically. We then survived a little pressure and went on to have the best of the 1st half chances both vefore and after the goal. Camp was the best player they had 1st half.

2nd half we did what we did to Sheff U 2nd half, WBA all game, Boro for most of the game and idem ditto Chelsea. They were simply out of it. This was a master class and we yet again made mincemeat of the form team in the League. We aren't there yet but this side is shaping into something special. Boro and the DYS still have to play this round of games but we curently sit 3rd.

Even at a goal down we wern't the 2nd best team. Brum, the form team and they were no match. That speaks volumes.

MOTM? Yet again a difficult choice. Hudds was yet again majestic and they couldn't handle him. Passes, tackles, little pirouettes leaving 3 and 4 opponents floundering. Marriott all over the place, scored 1 and might have had more. Holmes was a tad quiet first half but he was brilliant 2nd half. Wilson and Lawro had some brilliant moments. Fozzy excellent. Davies and Keogh not faultless but still strong...... etc etc etc

My vote for MOTM goes to Bennett. Came on for Waggy early doors and was everywhere. Good in attack, good in defence, tackling, crossing, covering, fighting for every ball and a goal too (unless they take it off him). The goal was the only thing he has been missing this season. A proper Duracell Bunny. I do believe the boy has become man.

We truly do not have to worry about a single opponent in this League now in my opinion. This squad has come of age.

If you haven't sussed it yet, I think we have the real deal playing in black and white and, believe me, they will take some stopping.

Taken from elsewhere...

Frankies shaggers are losing...

Sheep 1 down to brum

Playing first team in cup has cost them

:blah:

:ooops::slap:

Latest Rams News