Derby to enter administration | Vital Football

Derby to enter administration

EFL have confirmed that once administrators are formally appointed then a 12 point deduction will be applied. I just hope they apply the other points sanctions pending for other breaches.

Just reading the BBC report about the unsustainable growth in player salaries under the current owner, from £16m in 2014 to £47m in 2018. And they overpaid for players and sold them for much less. Wow, utterly irresponsible!

The statement by the Derby board is truly pathetic and cowardly. Blaming everything and anyone but themselves, despite 7 years of complete financial and other mismanagement and repeated attempts to bend the rules to disguise the extent of the problems and try to avoid sanctions. They should have been reined in and punished ages ago.

Without Keogh they are utterly doomed.
He’s actually going to have a say in it as well, as he’s classed as a creditor as they still owe him most of his £2.4m.

in addition, as per rules of the EFL, “football” creditors have to be paid off in full and as a priority above other creditors - belief is he’ll be classed as one.

Why do they look to deduct points the following season? They should’ve gone down last season, not Sheffield Wednesday. Seems daft too me.

Why do they look to deduct points the following season? They should’ve gone down last season, not Sheffield Wednesday. Seems daft too me.
I think you mean Wycombe? They were the ones hard done to. I agree though, the EFL should have been much quicker on disciplinary points deduction, which they still haven't applied.

I think you mean Wycombe? They were the ones hard done to. I agree though, the EFL should have been much quicker on disciplinary points deduction, which they still haven't applied.
But don't we benefit by having Derby (potentially) go down this season?

But don't we benefit by having Derby (potentially) go down this season?
Depends how good or bad we become …Personally not bothered who goes down so long as it is not us……Would not argue if we went up.
To dream the impossible dream but then again we have done it before…

Reading are set for a points deduction after breaching EFL financial rules in recent seasons, according to national reports.
The Telegraph are reporting that the club 'could be docked six to nine points' after breaching spending rules.
It is understood at this point that any possible points deduction will come into place this season.
This comes after club were placed under a trfansfer embargo over the summer, meaning the Royals could only sign free agents and bring in loanees, subject to EFL approval.
It appears now, however, that the Royals are set for another, more severe, punishement.

And we move up 1 place 😁

Derby County have entered administration and been deducted 12 points by the English Football League.
The Championship club announced their intention to call in administrators on Friday, with owner Mel Morris saying the coronavirus pandemic had cost them about £20m in lost revenue.
Morris has spent the past two days talking to players and staff, whose jobs are now uncertain.
Wayne Rooney's Rams drop to the foot of the table, on minus two points.
Andrew Hosking, Carl Jackson and Andrew Andronikou, managing directors at business advisory firm Quantuma, have been appointed joint administrators.
"We are in the early stages of assessing the options available to the club and would invite any interested parties to come forward," said Hosking.
"Our immediate objectives are to ensure the club completes all its fixtures in the Championship this season and finding interested parties to safeguard the club and its employees."
The EFL confirmed a 12-point deduction would be applied, adding that it had already had "constructive discussions" with Quantuma and would remain in "regular dialogue" about the situation.
Chief executive Trevor Birch said: "I appreciate that this is a challenging and concerning period for everyone associated with the club, particularly the staff and supporters, and it is our intention to work proactively with the administrators and all relevant parties with the objective of securing a long-term and viable future for Derby County."
Club lost Morris 'in excess of £200m'
Morris became Derby's sole owner in 2015 but has actively been looking to sell since June 2019 following their Championship play-off final defeat by Aston Villa under Frank Lampard. Morris says the club has lost him "in excess of £200m" to date.
A first takeover deal is said to have collapsed in the aftermath of an EFL charge in January 2020 relating to the sale of Derby's Pride Park to Morris for £80m, despite it previously being listed as worth £41m.
The stadium sale allowed the club to post a pre-tax profit of £14.6m in 2017-18 and therefore meet the EFL's spending rules.
The charge was dismissed in August 2020 but the Rams face a possible separate points deduction, speculated to be nine points, over their accounting policies - with no decision yet made on the punishment.
In March of this year Derventio Holdings, who were backed by the Abu Dhabi-based Bin Zayed Group, saw their takeover bid end while another from Spanish businessman Erik Alonso was called off in May.
'Serious enquiries' for the Rams
Derby have been under a transfer embargo since before the summer window opened, meaning the Rams have only been allowed to sign free agents with strict conditions on salaries.
Morris told BBC Radio Derby on Sunday that there had been "something in the region" of 15 enquiries for the club over the weekend, two or three of which he said were "very serious".
On the pitch, Derby had been 12th in the Championship under the management of England's record goalscorer Rooney, who has been in permanent charge since he officially retired as a player in January.
However the automatic penalty for going into administration will put the Rams six points adrift of second-bottom Nottingham Forest, their East Midlands rivals.