"Derby" Day | Vital Football

"Derby" Day

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
I look forward to every pool game regardless of who we are playing but am I alone in thinking that today doesn't even begin to be thought of as a derby to me.

Despite the last couple of seasons league and place finishes I just don't seem to get the same appetite for a cod v Pool game as I do for Horwich or the knobbers.
I'm not sure if it's down to me not thinking of cods as rivals or the lack of 'history' between us but today will be another game met with my usual hope that we will stuff the opposition and keep a clean such - denying the oppo fans that rush of pleasure that an away goal brings.

I feel confident today, our last 2 displays have reminded me that this has been a missed opportunity this season on the field, obviously abated by the ongoing off the field events.
This league has been nothing special, I've not been impressed by t'rovers and believe a full strength Pool team could have won both games v them.
Next season with Sunderland and potentially Horwich or Brum coming down this division will be considerably harder and I think that's my worry the longer the sale gets dragged out.

Back to today - I've done 2-1 in the prediction league but will include a 3-0 4-1 on my betting slip. UTMP