Derby County | Page 2 | Vital Football

Derby County

Given what we were forced to do with some of our youngsters last season, this is an absolute disgrace. Is there a clearer example of "one rule for them ......"?

Absolute disgrace? Yep, it certainly is. However i’m not surprised as they seem to make up the rules as they go. For me they are distorting the competitions with repeated interference and lack of consistency.

Derby County Football Club today announced that the Club, the ultimate holding company of the group, and all of the subsidiary companies have filed notices of intention to appoint administrators.

Not to say I'm surprised one bit, they have been on life support for the last 12 months, surprised they managed this far without going into Admin.

Dumb owners strike again. Hopefully, the toads in Deansgate are not part of it.

This news has dredged up some unwelcome memories. Given their ongoing difficulties it’s not a total surprise but when it happened happened to us it was a shock as completely unexpected.

Unsurprisingly our friends at the efl have been quick out of the blocks hitting them with a 12 point deduction. Hopefully those ***** from Barnsley don’t try and press for more.

Again it puts things in perspective for us. We’re second and there are some rumblings about the style of play - we should be grateful the Bahrainis came along to save us and we have a club to watch tomorrow. The fuck the efl chants at Accrington will be said with some feeling.

I don’t envy what the Derby fans will be going through in the coming months but hopefully they get better luck in acquiring administrators with morals.

Can't say I'm surprised by this, it's been on the wall ever since they signed Rooney for £100k a week.
Ludicrous spending.

Will Rooney do a Cookie and tear up his contract!
Feel for the fans in all of this.

Clubs will be avoiding signing Nathan Byrne in the future with his track record of playing for a club in admin.

Talking about 21 points deduction for them, really bad state of affairs! Don't feel sorry for the owners but sorry for the genuine fans,we know just how it feels!!Sadly for them way worse is still to come!!

Talking about 21 points deduction for them, really bad state of affairs! Don't feel sorry for the owners but sorry for the genuine fans,we know just how it feels!!Sadly for them way worse is still to come!!

The extra 9 included an additional 3 being suspended. Seems pointless agreeing to that they may as well take it now as they’ll be going down with a 21 point penalty - a 24 point one makes no difference. Completely devalues the league.

Another sad day for proper fans - Morris has been getting away with it for years and he's run out of road - Another idiot owner the EFL could not keep in check.
Oldham next 🙄

Another sad day for proper fans - Morris has been getting away with it for years and he's run out of road - Another idiot owner the EFL could not keep in check.
Oldham next 🙄

True,

The EFL fit and proper test:

Is a test that is applied to directors and prospective directors of
English Football Clubs to ensure those appointed are appropriate people to act as directors of football clubs.

This is not the EFL’s fault, it’s the fault of Mel Morris. For years he pissed money away cheating the system, selling the stadium, the 32Red sponsorship deal. They rolled the dice and failed, this is the consequence.

Oldham next 🙄

Morris blaming Covid.

from Derby forum:
Forget the statement.
Mel Morris plundered the club.
He is stubborn, arrogant and belligerent and has been from the word go.
A charlatan at best.

This is not the EFL’s fault, it’s the fault of Mel Morris. For years he pissed money away cheating the system, selling the stadium, the 32Red sponsorship deal. They rolled the dice and failed, this is the consequence.
And wasn't brought to book effectively at any time during the past 6 years by the EFL - Gibson at boro had his number the EFL kicked it down the road despite Morris selling the ground to himself at above market value and by the time they tried to act the horse had bolted - another shameful black mark against them IMO

Derby local press reporting that a 12pt deduction for entering admin is not mandatory 🤔
With Barnsley at the wrong end of the table (again 😁) their lawyers will be all over this 😂
If that's true (which I don't believe for a second), then the EFL wouldn't have a leg to stand on with the numerous law suits heading their way.

The precedent has already been set...

Derby finally get punished 2 seasons after their cheating FFP started and after being caught / charged in multiple breaches the EFL allowed them to get away without a points deduction and keep kicking the can down the road until administration forced them to dock them points. If administration hadn't happened the EFL probably still wouldnt have given them a points penalty by the end of the season.

They've stolen Wycombes place in the Championship and the 6m that comes with it thanks to the EFLs ineptitude. It's a mess and not justice.

I feel sorry for the Derby fans though as it wasn't them trying to cheat and they will get the brunt of this. But unlike us their club has deliberately tried to break the rules to gain advantages on multiple occasions and this points deduction isn't even them getting punished for those FFP breaches.

But administration is ironically the long drawn out collateral damage of them trying to dodge punishment for so long. If they'd have just held up their hands and taken the deductions at the time it would've hurt, but it would've avoided all the legal wrangling and uncertainty of the past few years that made selling the club so much harder. Even if they got relegated they probably would've got a buyer as long as the situation was finally resolved.

The EFL has to fix the rules and punishment on FFP breaches as all the messing about in recent years just caused carnage for so many clubs including the clubs who didn't cheat.

Derby finally get punished 2 seasons after their cheating FFP started and after being caught / charged in multiple breaches the EFL allowed them to get away without a points deduction and keep kicking the can down the road until administration forced them to dock them points. If administration hadn't happened the EFL probably still wouldnt have given them a points penalty by the end of the season.

I've not kept a close eye on the story KDZ but is the timing the other way around ?
EFL finally gave them a (12 with 3 suspended) points deduction for FFP breaches and shortly after that's made public the club then announce going into admin which will incur a further 12.
I wondered if the owner thought "we'll go down anyway with this 9 point deduction, might as well cut losses and take another 12 now."