Derby County | Page 3 | Vital Football

Derby County

Dreadfull news would not wish this on any set of fans in football apart from one. Hopefully they get sold quick and don't have go through all same bollocks we did.
Unfortunately administrators and quick never seem to be found in the same sentence as we found out more time = more money to the vultures.
Wonder who will buy Derby's training ground

Mel Morris:

Speaking to Sky Sports’ Rob Dorsett , a "devestated"

Morris has revealed that the club have been losing

"£1.3m-£1.5m every month".

I've no doubt the above statement could probably be made by a helluva lot more clubs in the championship, with an even bigger loss per month for Prem clubs & prob slightly less for some league 1 clubs ....perhaps the likes of Ipswich and Sunderland 😴

Pearce, a Derby director, was on the EFL board till mid-2021. Derby had Nick De Marco, QC & top sports lawyer, representing them on the stadium sale court case. The EFL was at a disadvantage because of this. What Derby couldn't challenge is - they are in breach as they havent yet submitted their accounts to June'19 (due Mar'20) let alone accounts to June,'20 due Mar'21. Clearly they have a lot of information to hide.
If Derby has a Supporters Trust why aren't they doing something about this months ago. Derby's Dec players' wages were paid late. So many warning signs were totally ignored.

A thought - Derby have not appointed Administrators yet so are not in administration. Is Mel Morris trying to get a buyer quick? Buy now and suffer only 9 points deduction. There's 39 games yet and they're 16th placed - Rooney might get them out of the bottom 3.

The major point here to me is Wycombe Wanderers. How must that club feel?
Derby cheat the system and due to the ineptitude of the EFL stalling on a decision Derby stayed up and Wycombe went down.
Also Derby County could possibly have avoided this administration if they had taken the punishment last year and cut their cloth for league one.
Another fine moment for the EFL.

Pearce, a Derby director, was on the EFL board till mid-2021. Derby had Nick De Marco, QC & top sports lawyer, representing them on the stadium sale court case. The EFL was at a disadvantage because of this. What Derby couldn't challenge is - they are in breach as they havent yet submitted their accounts to June'19 (due Mar'20) let alone accounts to June,'20 due Mar'21. Clearly they have a lot of information to hide.
If Derby has a Supporters Trust why aren't they doing something about this months ago. Derby's Dec players' wages were paid late. So many warning signs were totally ignored.

I think the Derby fans have been trying for months but ignored.

I've not kept a close eye on the story KDZ but is the timing the other way around ?
EFL finally gave them a (12 with 3 suspended) points deduction for FFP breaches and shortly after that's made public the club then announce going into admin which will incur a further 12.
I wondered if the owner thought "we'll go down anyway with this 9 point deduction, might as well cut losses and take another 12 now."

I think the FFP punishment you mention was speculated in the press but it's not actually happened yet. I think the EFL confirmed no decision had been made on that a day or so ago.

But you could be right that even if it's not officially been confirmed Derby fear it's imminent and they are throwing in the towel.

I think the FFP punishment you mention was speculated in the press but it's not actually happened yet. I think the EFL confirmed no decision had been made on that a day or so ago.

But you could be right that even if it's not officially been confirmed Derby fear it's imminent and they are throwing in the towel.

I've no doubt there are a fair few other clubs on the brink that are probably burying their heads in the sand. But & it's a big BUT, until a high profile Premier club goes to the wall absolutely zero will be done & when it does happen watch the totally different approach from the footballing governing bodies will act....

If that's true (which I don't believe for a second), then the EFL wouldn't have a leg to stand on with the numerous law suits heading their way.

The precedent has already been set...

It is mandatory. However, they could win the appeal - on force majeure due to COVID having an impact on finance.
I know we tried to claim the same, but it was thrown out because our club was bought in the middle of the pandemic, so COVID was t a good enough reason. Really stings as it was the EFL that ballsed it up with their so called fit and proper test two weeks earlier.

The major point here to me is Wycombe Wanderers. How must that club feel?
Derby cheat the system and due to the ineptitude of the EFL stalling on a decision Derby stayed up and Wycombe went down.
Also Derby County could possibly have avoided this administration if they had taken the punishment last year and cut their cloth for league one.
Another fine moment for the EFL.
Tbf fair Wycombe only got promoted in the first place due to the EFL imposing PPG criteria !

It is mandatory. However, they could win the appeal - on force majeure due to COVID having an impact on finance.
I know we tried to claim the same, but it was thrown out because our club was bought in the middle of the pandemic, so COVID was t a good enough reason. Really stings as it was the EFL that ballsed it up with their so called fit and proper test two weeks earlier.
If they claimed force majeure and win, pretty sure that would open Pandora's Box.
All sorts of legal challenges would ensue...

Ian Lenegan has reached out to Derby County suggesting the formation of a new ‘Wigan/Derby Sporting Club’

”We’ll spread the gospel of Rugby League to the East Midlands who must be crying out for something new to watch and at the same time offer a lifeline to Derby County whose fortunes have always been close to our hearts ….and we aren’t just interested in picking up a newish Premier League standard ground on the cheap…..dear me no …heaven forefend”

Ian Lenegan has reached out to Derby County suggesting the formation of a new ‘Wigan/Derby Sporting Club’

”We’ll spread the gospel of Rugby League to the East Midlands who must be crying out for something new to watch and at the same time offer a lifeline to Derby County whose fortunes have always been close to our hearts ….and we aren’t just interested in picking up a newish Premier League standard ground on the cheap…..dear me no …heaven forefend”
send kresna them thay are well and truly f#c&t

You watch efl will bend over for these lot.

Not sure on this occasion based on the EFL statement last night:

General
EFL statement: Derby County
16 Hours ago

Large

@EFL_Comms
With confirmation from Derby County Football Club that they have filed a notice of intention to appoint administrators, the EFL can tonight confirm that the Club will be subject to an insolvency event under the terms of the EFL’s Regulations.
As a result, the Club faces a 12-point deduction.
Once the EFL has received formal notification of the application, the deduction will be applied.
The EFL will in due course engage in discussions with the relevant parties with the aim of achieving a successful outcome for the long-term future for the Club.
The League is disappointed with the comments made by the Club in respect of COVID lending facilities. The EFL entered into a debt raise to provide its Clubs with access to funds that would support them in dealing with the impact of COVID and, as with any loan, this was subject to a timeframe and eligibility criteria which Derby County was unable to meet.

You watch efl will bend over for these lot.
Not sure they will John …there is no precedent that allows them to do anything other than automatically apply 12 points for going into Administration …..Derby would be entitled to appeal but would have to have good grounds for so doing and thus far a 12 point penalty under these specific circumstances hasn’t been successfully overturned.

On top of that there is this other “9 + 3 suspended“ points penalty for other financial fiddling they’ve been caught out in which they have been mauling about with for ages in terms if, how and when it applies…..I expect that with relegation extremely likely under the -12 ….Derby may stop wriggling on that one ….and take all their medicine in one fell swoop.
They can only get relegated once and any prospective buyer might be easier to land if there are no remaining punishments outstanding.