Derby County | Page 12 | Vital Football

Derby County

It should be mandated that every professional club has a supporters representative on the board, to look after the long term interests of the Club. A whistleblower, or voice of opposition, if you will. They would need to be full members, and representative of the majority of supporters, undergoing appropriate vetting by the EFL. Football clubs are part of the fabric of the community within which they are located, and shouldn’t be treated as a plaything that can be thrown about at the whim of a board that see only immediate gains in terms of profit or prestige.

It should be mandated that every professional club has a supporters representative on the board, to look after the long term interests of the Club. A whistleblower, or voice of opposition, if you will. They would need to be full members, and representative of the majority of supporters, undergoing appropriate vetting by the EFL. Football clubs are part of the fabric of the community within which they are located, and shouldn’t be treated as a plaything that can be thrown about at the whim of a board that see only immediate gains in terms of profit or prestige.

I agree. But we live in a country where democracy is seen as something to be subverted, undermined and circumvented in the name of profit.

I suspect, therefore, this isn't going to happen.

Should have paid us them three. Absolutely robbing a wage.
I've still to understand how Hamilton managed to have a career as a footballer. Not sure I've seen many Lincoln central midfielders worse than him in the 30 years I've been watching. He offered absolutely nothing. I'd take Todd Jordan ahead of him every day of the week.

He was bloody captain too! 2.5k a week basic no wonder we went into admin! He wasn't the only one on those kind of wages at the time either.

automatic demotion beats points deductions every time for me.

by keeping within our means, sustainable, well run etc, our chances of getting to the championship improve as the basket cases already there keep getting found out.

reading and derby already. so my question is, what if four championship teams (or more) get points deductions during the same season?

Another points deduction heading their way apparently.

The appeal against their first one got adjourned, so I wonder whether that was as a result of this one and they're accepting them both now?

Another points deduction heading their way apparently.

The appeal against their first one got adjourned, so I wonder whether that was as a result of this one and they're accepting them both now?

How could they appeal against points deduction?? They went into administration, yes? Deduction automatic!
Jeez these clubs have some nerve.

How could they appeal against points deduction?? They went into administration, yes? Deduction automatic!
Jeez these clubs have some nerve.
I think their initial, probably flawed, argument was that it was brought on by Covid rather than financial mismanagement per se.

Just read they're gonna get a total of -21, and a further three suspended. I'm guessing part of that deduction is for not paying players on time.

I think their initial, probably flawed, argument was that it was brought on by Covid rather than financial mismanagement per se.

Just read they're gonna get a total of -21, and a further three suspended. I'm guessing part of that deduction is for not paying players on time.

Hope they get relegated even without the points off as think that means they'd start next season in League One on that big minus number and ideally drop even further into League Two.

Fair play to Rooney, he’s doing a decent job in the circumstances. He must be casting envious glances at Lampard and Gerrard getting Premier League jobs for doing sweet FA.

Fair play to Rooney, he’s doing a decent job in the circumstances. He must be casting envious glances at Lampard and Gerrard getting Premier League jobs for doing sweet FA.

Ahh, they may have better jobs than him, but have they got the same way with the grannies? It's the little things in life that make it fun.

Being as im an old fucking git, my memory aint what it were , but wernt Lincoln in court in about 2003/4 . even 3/4 days from going out of business .Buckets were going around the ground for collections , people could buy seats in the stadium in order to raise money . £10 a seat ??

Being as im an old fucking git, my memory aint what it were , but wernt Lincoln in court in about 2003/4 . even 3/4 days from going out of business .Buckets were going around the ground for collections , people could buy seats in the stadium in order to raise money . £10 a seat ??

Triggered by the collapse of some tv rights contract if I recall.
Several on here will know exact details about it and I know went to the court hearing.
I do remember buying a whole set of £10 seats.

ITV sport collapsed and the monkey did a runner to go and sell tea bags.
Rob Bradley said that the club had already included the contraced money in the clubs budget, and that it would leave the club in the shit (or words to that affect!).