Derby County | Page 10 | Vital Football

Derby County

We could do with a proper market in Lincoln, Notty, so that I could buy a woolly balaclava.

Certainly. You could then rob a bank to help pay your energy bills over the Winter.

Or, we could nationalise utilities and take them out of the madness that is "the market".

The latter is probably less risky for you, Clive.

Certainly. You could then rob a bank to help pay your energy bills over the Winter.

Or, we could nationalise utilities and take them out of the madness that is "the market".

The latter is probably less risky for you, Clive.
Her indoors says that I can be warm in winter by keeping moving and doing lots more jobs in the house. Think I prefer the balaclava idea.

Her indoors says that I can be warm in winter by keeping moving and doing lots more jobs in the house. Think I prefer the balaclava idea.

Her indoors sounds like a Thatcherite. This is where voting Tory has got you, Clive. Even your wife thinks you're a lazy skiver.

Her indoors sounds like a Thatcherite. This is where voting Tory has got you, Clive. Even your wife thinks you're a lazy skiver.
Now funny you should say that Notty, because a skiver is a leather worker, a skive being the leathery part of a sheepskin, so perhaps I could make myself a flying helmet like the rough lads from Browning Drive used to wear. There will be some warmth there!

Now funny you should say that Notty, because a skiver is a leather worker, a skive being the leathery part of a sheepskin, so perhaps I could make myself a flying helmet like the rough lads from Browning Drive used to wear. There will be some warmth there!

There certainly would. Not that it helped the Polish RAF personnel achieve recognition for their efforts in WW2. Sadly, they were denied a role in the London victory parades in case that offended the USSR.

Even flying helmets are political, Clive.