Derby County v Ipswich Town match report | Vital Football

Derby County v Ipswich Town match report

Not sure what to make of that.
Started brightly and then fell away.
Heavily reliant on Keogh who barely put a foot wrong with decent performances from the rest of the defence, especially Forsyth, and good contributions from Bennett and Nugent but not much else.
How the hell Lawrence got motm I will never know...imo he contributed very little and only Mount, who was awful, contributed less.
Glad we were playing a pretty woeful Ipswich side...it’s a work in progress I know but I’m not seeing much tbh. Preston will be tougher and I honestly can’t tell if we’re just a bit of confidence away from being a good side or as far away as ever.
Still need that midfield dynamo/leader...of that I am sure.

Not sure what to make of that.
Started brightly and then fell away.
Heavily reliant on Keogh who barely put a foot wrong with decent performances from the rest of the defence, especially Forsyth, and good contributions from Bennett and Nugent but not much else.
How the hell Lawrence got motm I will never know...imo he contributed very little and only Mount, who was awful, contributed less.
Glad we were playing a pretty woeful Ipswich side...it’s a work in progress I know but I’m not seeing much tbh. Preston will be tougher and I honestly can’t tell if we’re just a bit of confidence away from being a good side or as far away as ever.
Still need that midfield dynamo/leader...of that I am sure.

RA your about right with that summing .I'm finding it difficult to work out what we are supposed to be playing Glad it's not just me with Lawrence i think he's had maybe 5 decent games since we signed That was a usual no show performance from him last night Can't agree on Bennett i fail to see what he did were definitely going backwards if he's the future Lampard obviously isn't going to change from his possession game so I find it hard to see why he bought Waghorn and Mariott both channel runners Early days though Huddleston and Davies will hopefully help

It’s all relative mista. Not suggesting that Bennett is the future but at least he puts himself about a bit and is capable of putting in a decent cross.
One of the things I found worrying last night was that our most threatening forward might be playing for Bolton by the weekend. Bennett, imo, was - one free kick apart - the only other to trouble the opposition with his strength and determination. Not the best I admit but, on the evidence of last night...better than all the rest.

P.S. I have been critical of Lawrence’s performance last night but I still think there’s a very good player in there. Imo he’s a waste of space out wide but play him in the Vydra role and I think he’ll score plenty.

A good result was about it last night. I thought Forsyth was the MOM and Bogle had a decent game, I would love him to take it forward a bit more, but that will come with confidence.

Tomori, whilst fast and skilful, hasn't got a brain at times. He could have easily cost us 3 or 4 goals last night because of stupid decisions.

To be honest, watching the U23s on Monday night was far more enjoyable and with a higher skill factor.

1st half was a whole bunch of nothing. They came for a 0-0 draw and we had both full backs defending so not a lot happened. Lawrence wasn't at the races, Nuge and Bennett kept getting into good positions and either got poor ball or no ball at all.

2nd half, the full backs pushed on, Lawro woke up and only one side was going to win it. Two great strikes aided and abetted by deflections were no more than we deserved.

Bogle was my man of the match.

Latest Rams News