Derby County (n/g) | Vital Football

Derby County (n/g)

You say 'n/g', but if they fold, isn't there a possibility the Gills would be reinstated to L1?

I'd rather see DC stay afloat, personally. But the thought did cross my mind if they collapse.

You say 'n/g', but if they fold, isn't there a possibility the Gills would be reinstated to L1?

I'd rather see DC stay afloat, personally. But the thought did cross my mind if they collapse.

Yeah that’s a possibility (although unlikely), I’d rather they stayed afloat too. They’re running out of time as things stand though.

Any reinstating is highly unlikely as we are already actively budgeting and preparing for a L2 season.
More likely to adjust promotions and relegations at the end of the coming season in the event of a full collapse. Agree that I would much prefer to see DC survive but fit and proper buyers are very thin on the ground as our own chairman would testify.

Any reinstating is highly unlikely as we are already actively budgeting and preparing for a L2 season.
More likely to adjust promotions and relegations at the end of the coming season in the event of a full collapse. Agree that I would much prefer to see DC survive but fit and proper buyers are very thin on the ground as our own chairman would testify.

Do you think we`d be given the opportunity to accept or decline ?

In the 2019/2020 season when Bury folded, league one consisted of 23 teams.

The problem is, if one less team was relegated (ie Gillingham) then that would mean one less team in league two unless one team wasn't relegated from league two in which case the National League would be a team short and... ... ...

In the 2019/2020 season when Bury folded, league one consisted of 23 teams.

The problem is, if one less team was relegated (ie Gillingham) then that would mean one less team in league two unless one team wasn't relegated from league two in which case the National League would be a team short and... ... ...

Bury folded a day or two before the season was due to start. There would likely be plenty more time to organise a re-shuffle should Derby`s demise be imminent....

Bury folded a day or two before the season was due to start. There would likely be plenty more time to organise a re-shuffle should Derby`s demise be imminent....

You'd still have the issue of if we stayed up then league two would be a team short unless one less team was relegated and so on down the leagues. Whatever happened then one league would be short of a team and it is better for the existing league to be impacted than shuffling the leagues around and impacting multiple leagues.

You'd still have the issue of if we stayed up then league two would be a team short unless one less team was relegated and so on down the leagues. Whatever happened then one league would be short of a team and it is better for the existing league to be impacted than shuffling the leagues around and impacting multiple leagues.

I’m not saying it will happen (and I hope Derby survive) but there is precedent with Stevenage given a reprieve when Macclesfield went under. The National League ran with 23 teams instead (I think).

That`s true, but given the timing, shuffling the pack would be easier and not that complicated through to and including the National League. The NL North & South has to juggle new teams each season, due to geographical factors - but they manage OK.

The latest according to the BBC is that the proposed take over deadline has now passed and liquidation is now a strong possibility. They only have 5 contracted players!

The latest according to the BBC is that the proposed take over deadline has now passed and liquidation is now a strong possibility. They only have 5 contracted players!

The deadline (but I can’t work out who set it) passed at 5pm yesterday. Apparently Rooney paid last months wages himself both players and club staff. Who pays this months I’ve no idea.

Fixtures out in two weeks time.

I do wonder if Rooney could/would try and drum up interest from some of his ex playing colleagues. All multi millionaires with more money than they will ever need.

If he could get a number of them (including himself) to stump up say 500K each, just to keep them afloat, until a proper buyer is found who could then reimburse them through an actual buyout.

Obviously, I have no idea if it’s
A - possible
B - legal
C - moral
D - how much they are worth or asking for
E - if WR actually has that many mates (this could be the flaw here)

So the American guy who wanted to buy the club (and was given exclusivity rights more than once), who passed the EFL’s fit and proper persons test, but failed to provide any evidence of funds, and then couldn’t provide them, has withdrawn his interest.

Meanwhile Mike Ashley sits in a corner rubbing his hands together.

As a very basic principle, shouldn’t a ‘fit and proper persons test’ examine whether that fit and proper person actually has any money?