Derby County Fan Comments | Page 3 | Vital Football

Derby County Fan Comments

Really!

I went to a wedding anniversary party, which must have been around 5 years ago, which should have been attended by Denis; I can remember him at the wedding.

The guy who invited me mentioned that Denis would not be attending as he was unwell; that was an understatement by the sound of things

Meant to ask you this yesterday mate, are you from Alfreton way?

I suppose this now depends on how old you are but do you know our lot from that way (Selston, Underwood, etc) and do you know Piggy from Alfreton?

I suppose this now depends on how old you are but do you know our lot from that way (Selston, Underwood, etc) and do you know Piggy from Alfreton?

Yes, Piggy drinks in the same Pub as my brother does.

I lived in Selston at one time; cant remember most of the names now; still see Micky Zupa at some games, played football with Gary Tinkling briefly, a very long time ago.

Wayne Bradley, who owns Alfreton Town, was living in Selston in those days

Yes, Piggy drinks in the same Pub as my brother does.

I lived in Selston at one time; cant remember most of the names now; still see Micky Zupa at some games, played football with Gary Tinkling briefly, a very long time ago.

Wayne Bradley, who owns Alfreton Town, was living in Selston in those days

Zupe's ace, could tell you some stories about him :rotfl:

Do ya know Geoff Dudley, Tig, Elgie, Timmsy. Malc Wright, Dean, Henny and them lot?

Many moons ago Piggy used to go with my cousin Vickie (she's a fucking loon), can you remember her? She ended up marrying Harry from Mansfield and living in Stonebroom

Last edited:
Zupe's ace, could tell you some stories about him :rotfl:

Do ya know Geoff Dudley, Tig, Elgie, Timmsy. Malc Wright, Dean, Henny and them lot?

Many moons ago Piggy used to go with my cousin Vickie (she's a fucking loon), can you remember her? She ended up marrying Harry from Mansfield and living in Stonebroom

Apart from Henny, who I presume is Henshaw from Underwood, none of the names ring a bell; I moved away from that area over 30 years ago.

Same with Piggy; I only know of him because he drinks in my brothers local.

Stonebroom is Strettea Red's territory

Cheers CP.

Largely balanced comments - odd that I think that's the best we've played and yet drew again due to unforced errors.

I think Fulham will be happy with a point tomorrow, but would like to see WBA beat Derby.

I am thinking of these games as a mini tournament. Important to give many players a bit of a run out so they are matchfit come the final stages. Important not to peak too soon but to build thru stages. Hopefully Brentolana have peaked too soon. We probably played as good as we have done recently, against Derby. Cut out a few unforced errors and capitalise on chances and it would have been perfect.

Looking for more of the same v Fulham. It is the shape of the side and game management against a good passing side that I will be looking at. Need at least one point.

History often shows that teams finishing third on last day are so despondent they fail to lift themselves for playoff. Alternatively the team putting a late run together, squeeze in on 6th play very well in playoffs. Could do with WBA/ Brentford hitting the depression button and the likes of Fulham and Cardiff playing right up to last day, no rest, few red cards and pulled muscles. Alternatively Forest secure playoffs with a couple of games to spare and can rest and rotate a few players. Who ever you get in playoffs is a bit of a lottery. At least we have a good chance of buying a ticket this year. Most would have settled for that at start of year.

Will be happy with a point tonight, then one win and one draw from the last 4 games will do it. Not bothered who we play in the playoffs, it really is a lottery, a 1 in 4 chance of reaching the prem. Would be happy to see Cardiff win tonight as that would be a kick in the balls for the sheep.