Derby County Fan Comments | Vital Football

Derby County Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
There’s a lot of ifs when it comes to fitness for this one.

Let’s see how many more are injured suspended or stabbed or contract ended.

We defeated Rowett, so defeating forest should be straightforward. Then it's all the easy games.

Let's bring the game to them. They're going to sit back, try play it tight and hit us on the counter, but we're the better team and we can open them up. We have nothing to be afraid of from them.

Having watched a couple of episodes of Sunderland till I Die, I'm staggered at how many goals grabban has got for forest as he looked utterly dreadful for the Black Cats.....

He scored loads for Sunderland! That's why he left for Villa halfway through the season.

He's been lethal since he joined Sunderland. In that half season he averaged at just 3.8 shots per goal. At Villa and Forest that's dropped slightly to 4.4. Consistently one of the most clinical forwards in the league. I'm surprised he's managed to maintain that level of consistency given his age.

We're going into this match at the top of the form table. Rooney & Bird, our clear player, and young player of the year, the beating heart of this team of consistent, relentless, winners. A very solid, and very different Derby County. Forest are absolutely not a better team than us. They will prove nothing more than another victim of the Ram's unstoppable surge to the Premier league.

OK, so they've beaten us twice already this season but them games mean nowt now. Ask Leeds how many times they beat us last season? The cream rose to the the top when it mattered and I'll be creaming mesen when we tonk em tomorrow.

Villa beat us twice last season before the final. So maybe it does mean something...

Can anyone explain the pubes on Grabban's face?

Actually I remember hearing somewhere that it has something to do with his Islamic background.

His parents were part of the Windrush generation and the family converted to Islam. I'm totally respectful of his religious beliefs to grow a beard.

Had a look at the ltlf. On the whole they seem confident and would happily take a draw. They are concerned about Rooney. apart from one fella who thinks he has the turning circle of a tugboat and the same team we will have out tomorrow is the same one they beat in the carabao bar Rooney for Bennett. That alone should make a difference i would have thought.
The common consensus is they will be compact do nothing and bore us to submission and win with pumping balls into the box. It's like reading a Cambridge United or Wimbledon forecast if such forums existed circa 86-94.

To be honest, I understand accepting that style of football if it gets you the necessary pot of gold ie promotion. We did it under Davies in 2007 though not to quite the same degree. I wouldn't want it to be the new norm though and there fan base who are posting, certainly seem to see this as the way forward long term. If they get promoted I expect to see kenwyne jones and crouch up top with Shawcross at the back. if you go up with their style of play it's either play the same with absolute units like Stoke or spend a shitload to try and match up . We did neither and suffered very badly.

I do find the confidence that Samba Sow will take control of Rooney odd though. I appreciate he’s been very important for them so far but he’s not exactly had the most glittering career & nobody has managed to stop him playing the way he wants to play yet. Feel free to press him, he just drops deeper and has more specs to spray passes into.

My favourite of the stupid comments was one comparing how our side tomorrow is likely to be really similar to the side that faced them in the cup. The post then listed both of our sides, showing we’ll probably have 6 players playing that didn’t play before.

These things are usually an anti-climax. we might only win 3-0.

Comforted that Forest have lost 5-0 to an average Arsenal side that dominated possession but also lost 4-0 to Sheff Wednesday who just gave them the ball and said there you go.

Forest gone with a very defensive midfield.

A colleague of mine is a red and he says that Samba has lost his confidence. I have to admit that I was jealous of them for having him in goal, because he was really good, but apparently that has all gone. So lots of crosses whipped in near their keep please.

I hope someone absolutely clatters Yates early. Let him know he's in a scrap and we won't put up with his crap. I bet he goes in on Sibley at the first opportunity.

Extremely defensive from them but they do set up like a Billy Davies or a Rowett side which works out ok over a season if you are well organised which they will be and it’s more useful when the league is of a poor standard which it is this season.

It sucks to lose home advantage against Forest and Leeds.

Poor start from us. They are picking off our poor touches and breaking.

Forest are closing down very high. Causing us problems. This is like a reverse of the last few games.

Derby's possession moves inches past the halfway line so Forest immediately win it and attack.

Forest are playing well, they have worked us out and have good shape. The fact they are not sitting back could give up openings.

Forest's game plan is glaringly obvious and is working very well so far. Let us have the ball, no room for the slightest of sloppy touches or they're right on us. We've not created anything yet, hopefully we can be the first to work a meaningful chance because it'll be even harder for us if we go behind.

In the game I’m watching they’re not letting us have the ball they are closing down quickly and not allowing us to build out from the back.

0-1 Forest. Lolley from range. Easy for Forest at the moment for my money.

Sad to say, but totally deserved. They’re dominating us like we did Millwall.

Forest deserve that, we’ve started awfully. Shocking goalkeeping as usual.

Forest certainly looking the better team by some distance at the moment.

They look a yard quicker all over the pitch. We are having to play Hollywood passes to try and get an attack going.

They're pushing up against us when we have the ball, but only making their move the second we take a heavy touch or turn into trouble. Forest are excellent at what they do, their shape is excellent and they're not going to compromise that by diving in at the wrong moment and give us space to work into.

If this was Football Manager I'd have made a change already.

That was a penalty. Clark almost had his shirt ripped off ffs.

Well that was a painful 20 minutes, christ. We look to have taken 5 steps backwards. Reverted back to the turgid sit back, hoof and hope we saw earlier in the season.

Problem is florist now have something to defend and that's what there good at.

Drinks break has come at a great time. We need to regroup & reassess our approach. No question, Forest have been excellent.

Sky seem very biased towards Forest don't they

They're talking more positively about Forest because they've been the better side and we've been rubbish. Pre-match we were definitely the more favoured side in terms of Sky plaudits.

Louis Spence been noshing off the ref again. A common denominator in every forest game... a ref in a red shirt.

Obvious foul on Bogle.

Hard disagree that that was a foul on Bogle. He was barely touched in my opinion.

Dacosta has been excellent for Forest, so far.

Second time the referee has had a word with Samba Sow for a poor challenge, once more and I'd expect a booking. He has the look of a naughty schoolboy every time he's told off.

We're having more of the ball since Forest have dropped Yates back a bit, giving Rooney more time. We don't seem to have much creativity wise to do anything meaningful with all of this possession at the minute though. Forest seem very well drilled defensively. Their 'keeper seems a bit dodgy from crosses... shame our crosses haven't been up to scratch so far.

42nd minute, just been in the box for the first time from open play.

It's Half Time. 1-0 to Forest who have been overall a far better side, but Derby have grown into it over the last 15-20 minutes.

All too slow, think young lads a bit overawed early on because it’s forest., No tempo to the game, just doesn’t feel like a local Derby at mo, let’s hope for better second half, but hate to say forest look solid.

I think the tactics may be wrong, but not for any other reason than Forest were ready to exploit them - w tried to play the same as in previous games. Forest just pressed really high and didn't back off.

We’ve been poor but you have to give them some credit they are very solid.

Thats what forest do. Strangle any threat. incredibly boring but effective. The trick is to score first or just let them have the ball as they don't want it and they leave space. Either option throws there plan out the window. 1-0 spells game against this side normally means game over unless they make an unusual defensive error. Score first you win.

Rooney has been poor.

Scramble in the Forest box is eventually ended by the ref as Ryan Yates (who's already wearing a mask) is bleeding from the face.

The ref is having a mare.

He's a red dog obviously.

I'm quite glad Samba Sow has gone.

Don't give the ball back to us? We clearly had possession . Typical florest Scum.

A shot on target would be nice.

Ben Hamer parries the ball out for a corner twice from 2 shots going wide. Meanwhile we are letting lolley cut in and shoot under no pressure, again.

Good grief it’s over 60 years since Forest beat us 4 games on the trot.

Forest particular brand of anti-footbal is working. All they needed was for us to be a bit sloppy and they would be fine.

Sloppy defending. Lucky save from the woodwork.

Credit to forest they are making us look so sub par.

Don’t think their keeper has had to make a save yet?

Grabban with time and space to set up a socially distanced picnic in our area.

We're lucky Grabban is having an off day.

He should have a brace by now.

We've been poor today. Not been able to adapt to the way Forest set up. They aren't any better than us on paper but they've got a plan and it's currently better than ours.

Honestly I would argue that quite a lot of their starters would start for us.

I think they are much better than us. Better organised, more of a goal threat.

Grabban should have hat trick by now.

Sibley chops Silva down and gets booked.

Great tackle.

They came with a game plan and its working we have not had a shot on target yet and they look too comfortable.

Just outplayed really.

The only positive I can see for the club, is that there is no crowd to ask for their money back.

18 wins this season for florest by 1 goal. I almost hope they go up, sounds just like us when we got promoted under billy. Would be fun to watch their one season in the PL.

Rooney doesn't deserve to escape blame for today. He's been terrible.

So many Forest players are faster than any of ours and better on the ball than any of ours. Have to 2 or 3v1 to win the ball back far too often. So frustrating.

It's not exactly wrist slashing time but duck me brought us back to ground about how average we are, when Rooney isn't allowed space to play we are a mid table championship team.

How’s Waghorn sent off!???

Waghorn banned now. ducking perfect!

Christ, what an awful game.

Never a red.

Ah. Waghorn just stamped and shoulder charged Yates simultaneously. Spose I can understand the red card. No Derby players/staff complained which is telling.

Studs up. No complaints.

Goaaalll!!!

Hilarious.

Told you their keeper was dodgy from crosses! Don't deserve the point... BUT GET THE DUCK IN!

Unbelievable. Daylight robbery.

Worrall, what a thicko, haha.

We deserved absolutely nothing from that. Got a draw. Lollwy looking like he was about to burst in to tears. Bless him.

We were all over them for 3 seconds in this game.

I'm glad that one is behind us. Forest set-up in a way that completely nullified us. Rooney and Bird had a lot of the ball but had nowhere to play it due to Forest's organisation. One early hit from distance, and a shot from distance that didn't really look like it was troubling us until it nicked the post and went in. From there we really struggled to create anything.

We played it like it was a pre-season friendly, ambling around. It was so frustrating to watch. Leeds or Brentford would have ripped us to shreds today. Forest deserved to win comfortably. They didn’t. We had a lucky escape. Cocu needs to give the boys a shake or the next four games could be a rude awakening.

Our worst performance since the turn of the year and we stole a point. That will feel like a win to the players.

10 men, we only need 10 men.

Shambolic, embarrassing, shocking, pathetic, half arsed... all words that could be used to describe that ineffective first 95 minutes. The 96th minute though... pure elation! What a brilliant robbery!

Very poo performance. But what do you expect, Florest are a very well organised team and make it difficult for anyone who plays them.

Of course it’s nice not to get beat by them, but still disappointed with the performance. Forest are a boring side but could’ve been out of sight before the equaliser. Still, their negativity cost them in the end.

We were pretty poor today and didn’t really deserve anything. Oh dear, never mind. We out Billy Daviesed them.

That is the best Forest side we have played for some time, but there’s a ceiling within how far they can go if that’s the style of play they want, we’ve been there under Billy Davies, Rowett etc. A more experienced Bird and Sibley would have dominated that game but there lack of experience put too much pressure on Rooney who found himself deep and rudderless too many times.

To be fair we were out thought and outplayed by a very solid Forest side and we were lucky to get anything. They played the way we knew they would but we didn’t adapt which is a worry.

Part of me actually wants Forest to go up, because if they try and take the Premiership on with those tactics they could end up on 10 points or less.

Some stats that jump straight out - that was dcfc's highest share of possession (68%) and pass success (90%) all season, while Forest attempted the least passes in Derby's final third of any opponent (75). Lamouchi makes Gary Rowett look like an exponent of jogo bonito.

Credit to Forest they were good today and got the tactics spot on and they were extremely unlucky not to win the game.

If you can't enjoy pissing off F*rest fans you're watching the wrong team!

But why would they be pissed off? They are above us in the league. We haven’t beaten them or outplayed them in almost three years. We have scored just once against them in that time. They have a far better chance of getting promoted. They would have settled for a point at the start of play so a draw is still a good result for them. I love gloating. But it helps if there is something to gloat about...

OK, first thing first...cracking ending & hilarious to see the treetards chuck it away at the end. It did mask what was a very ordinary performance from us though. Forest were excellent throughout & should have finished us off on the counter.

I actually thought a draw was a fair result.

Sigh.

For the most part strangely fair comments, absolutely got something when they deserved nothing.
Samba wasn't that weak for all but that last second, he delt with most things otherwise well enough. Sabri needs to put his arm round the shoulders of him and Worral and tell them to carry on as they have been most of the season.

Their 'top' lad

Top Lad my arse!

I can remember when they all stopped off in Alfreton for some prearranged action with the locals after an away game at Barnsley; that would be back in the 80s

Eye witness reports had Tommo fleeing for his life after someone attempted to hit him with a Deep Sea Divers Helmet in what was then the King Alfred.

The Derby lads came off a very distant second best

Top Lad my arse!

I can remember when they all stopped off in Alfreton for some prearranged action with the locals after an away game at Barnsley; that would be back in the 80s

Eye witness reports had Tommo fleeing for his life after someone attempted to hit him with a Deep Sea Divers Helmet in what was then the King Alfred.

The Derby lads came off a very distant second best

But he IS their top lad

They weren't bad to be fair when they went up against our lot. Never got the upper hand but always went for it.

Their young lads are gimps. The young lads in FEC from Meadows are fucking loons.

Proper crazy kids. The friendly in Portugal 3 years(?) ago saw Forest on Forest and they went mental. We met up with them at Donny away, they're crackers.

I got hit with a coin at this one. A 2p the cheap bastards. Would have been better being a toupee!