Derby charged with exceeding permitted losses | Page 3 | Vital Football

Derby charged with exceeding permitted losses

If the EFL are back tracking on the initial decision to approve the ground sale or the value of it, then my question is; does the breach of FFP come as of a result of the fact that the actual value of the ground didn’t offset their net loss, which would have had them outside of FFP rules at that time?or is it that the breach is a result of the money spent after, because derby spent on the basis that the sale value was approved?

if it’s the latter, I’d suggest Derby have a real case. If it’s the former, the approval process becomes redundant, because the reality is that they’d spent beyond their means based on the ground value.

It looks like the sale of the Ground was to offset losses already racked up; the valuation is one aspect being looked into, another issue surrounds questionable accounting practices, which they will not be able to blame the EFL for.

Looking at the "amortisation cost as a percentage of player cost chart" I would guess they will not be on their own there.

What exactly is Mels argument?

If the EFL made a genuine mistake, Derby have still over spent.

It looks like Derby have valued the Ground to cover the shortfall.

Another way of looking at it is the EFL under threat of being taken to court by Gibson at Boro have decided to charge Derby knowing that it is likely to fall at independent panel. Thus saving EFL court fees.

, another issue surrounds questionable accounting practices, which they will not be able to blame the EFL for.

Looking at the "amortisation cost as a percentage of player cost chart" I would guess they will not be on their own there.

I did wonder that with us 2nd on the list.

But we were still under embargo until summer 2016. We had the sales of Antonio and Burke behind us. Apart from Clough, we spent more of less sod all on fees, just wages.

If the EFL are back tracking on the initial decision to approve the ground sale or the value of it, then my question is; does the breach of FFP come as of a result of the fact that the actual value of the ground didn’t offset their net loss, which would have had them outside of FFP rules at that time?or is it that the breach is a result of the money spent after, because derby spent on the basis that the sale value was approved?

if it’s the latter, I’d suggest Derby have a real case. If it’s the former, the approval process becomes redundant, because the reality is that they’d spent beyond their means based on the ground value.

Think the only caveat to that might be the fact that the values placed on the ground presumably were set by derby. The whole 'residual value' business is an obvious trick to massage the figures. No doubt we have carv's residual value at 12m lol

The lawyers will decide if the letter of the law has been broken but i dont think there is any doubt that the sheep have broken the spirit of the law imo.

I did wonder that with us 2nd on the list.

But we were still under embargo until summer 2016. We had the sales of Antonio and Burke behind us. Apart from Clough, we spent more of less sod all on fees, just wages.

My mate, who claims to know how this works, reckons our figures could be skewed because we have had quite a few players signed on two, three and four year deals and sold them after a year, mainly to Olympiakos, for a good profit.

Maybe someone could confirm or deny this because I have not got a fucking scooby

My mate, who claims to know how this works, reckons our figures could be skewed because we have had quite a few players signed on two, three and four year deals and sold them after a year, mainly to Olympiakos, for a good profit.

Maybe someone could confirm or deny this because I have not got a fucking scooby

I dont know either but would asume thats the point where a players residual value becomes actual and has to go in the books. This would never be a problem if the player was sold at a profit because the actual would be higher than the residual. Think it would be more problematic the other way round say for example the sheep had inflated the residual value and the actual figures were lower causing a bigger loss.

Pleased that Saracens have been relegated for cheating in the egg chasing firstly because they cheated but mostly because of the cockney charlatans that ran us.

I hope those Cockney charlatans lose every single penny and live out the rest of their lives fucking destitute and broken.

North London, not east!

Yes because the pearly kings & QUEENS are so fair & knowledgable when it comes to labelling those North of Watford.

Whatever they are they finally got what they deserved they’ve been deducted points for exactly the same thing. Fully deserved & I feel no sympathy for their fans who were quite happy syphoning off Forest money.

Yes because the pearly kings & QUEENS are so fair & knowledgable when it comes to labelling those North of Watford.

Whatever they are they finally got what they deserved they’ve been deducted points for exactly the same thing. Fully deserved & I feel no sympathy for their fans who were quite happy syphoning off Forest money.

Agree with all of that but plumbs is right(fook me how annoying is that). Norf landan is about lefty metropolitan metrosexuals patronising everyone else, particularly anywhere north of watford, while stealing their money.

East landan with the pearly wotnots are scum mainly because of wet spam and the tendancy to get extreme.

Landan is all shit but have to know what shit is where and not get your shit all mixed up

Agree with all of that but plumbs is right(fook me how annoying is that). Norf landan is about lefty metropolitan metrosexuals patronising everyone else, particularly anywhere north of watford, while stealing their money.

East landan with the pearly wotnots are scum mainly because of wet spam and the tendancy to get extreme.

Landan is all shit but have to know what shit is where and not get your shit all mixed up

I did live in Finsbury Park for 6 months duck I’m well versed in London & how shit it is, especially the people.

I did live in Finsbury Park for 6 months duck I’m well versed in London & how shit it is, especially the people.

Yea most of the people, the pubs however- faltering fulback with its multi-tiered hanging garden and thai kichen is rather good in finsbury park