Derby charged with exceeding permitted losses | Page 5 | Vital Football

Derby charged with exceeding permitted losses

My point is, if they want to drag this out legally, it may take until next season before any punitive action is able to be taken.

Fairly sure the independent panel which adjudicates on this has to sit and reach judgement before the end of March.

Being a cynical person...could derby take a hefty points deduction once they know they are safe from relegation?

There's a 12 points for breaking the rules then the EFL can impose another 9 points for an "aggravated breach"
That bell I could hear was correct then.

I think this probably counts as aggregated, although I suspect the EFL may compromise on that and stick with the 12 as a max

There are IMO a few things to be hopeful about the sheep getting an actual punishment; they are guilty, the tv squabbles, Gibson at Boro, Brum having been punished, Uncle Mel being a bellend & the way they handled the drunk driving. I know an independent panel can’t really take those into account but it’s not going to help their case.

Being a cynical person...could derby take a hefty points deduction once they know they are safe from relegation?

If the maximum penalty is 21 points, I think you're looking at a very long time before there will be a season that Derby are 21 points clear from being relegated.

If the maximum penalty is 21 points, I think you're looking at a very long time before there will be a season that Derby are 21 points clear from being relegated.
sounds worth overspending if a regular play off side tho? what happens if they breach but get promoted?

Can't see that being the case - Derby will wriggle out of it somehow.

I think it could go either way depending how badly the EFL feel scammed. The fact there are no rules on residual value is in derbys favour but the FFP rules were clear and should superceed accounting practices.

Should be a no brainer tho with embargo and pts deducted.

I think it could go either way depending how badly the EFL feel scammed. The fact there are no rules on residual value is in derbys favour but the FFP rules were clear and should superceed accounting practices.

Should be a no brainer tho with embargo and pts deducted.

Don't know what the FFP rules are , but one of the three basic assumptions of accountancy is conservatism. As any player can walk out of the club for nothing at the end of their contract, it's not realistic to value them at anything other than zero at the contract end. Won't be long before a club signs someone and starts upping their value if Derby get away with this one . Maybe we could value cash at £20 million and under FFP have another £20 million to spend ? Could add in Worrall, Lolley ......

Would be interesting now if they were to get a points deduction as the bottom 3 are all playing well chaps!

Would be interesting now if they were to get a points deduction as the bottom 3 are all playing well chaps!

I think they'd survive a 12 point deduction. If that's the case then I'd prefer they get it next season. A 21 point deduction this seasonthough would be perfect

If Boro go down because the sheep don’t get a points deduction I think owd Gibson will go mental.