Derby charged with exceeding permitted losses | Vital Football

Derby charged with exceeding permitted losses

Feel like their only saving grace could be that if the breach is related to a non sanction of the stadium sale, then derby could argue that it was initially approved and as such, traded as if their finances were in order.

Feel like their only saving grace could be that if the breach is related to a non sanction of the stadium sale, then derby could argue that it was initially approved and as such, traded as if their finances were in order.

I think this is for the years 15-18 so before the stadium sale.

Was delighted to see this on BBC sport website!

Points deduction surely? Oh please fuck them over.

Amazing how they managed to avoid it for so long, but they aren't the only club in that position.

They've been cleared for the Rooney deal - I wonder how many more clubs will try that loophole?

I don’t think the fact that they sold the stadium to themselves is being questioned, it’s the fact they inflated the value of it to avoid breading ffp.

No, it is questioning the stadium sale, which gives Derby a bit of a legal out

I just cannot see how this case holds any water.

Mad Mel has transferred an asset through perfectly legal means; there were questions raised as to how an asset recorded at around 40m was sold to one of his other Companies for 80m.

This bit of financial engineering must have been signed off by the Company auditors and, presumably accepted by HMRC - surely the valuation of assets must carry some taxation implications or everyone would be changing asset valuations to suit their tax liabilities.

My understanding is that the EFL are not questioning the sale but the valuations involved; if the valuations have already been accepted, what recourse do the EFL have?

My depth of knowledge on this is fairly shallow; someone on here will probably know how this all works