Der Schitzenstirren are it again... | Vital Football

Der Schitzenstirren are it again...

I am not sure it is Der Schitzstirren, I think this has the sh1t stirrers at the BBCs fingerprints all over it.

I think they have just dug this out of the original allegations. They do not say DS have made ‘fresh claims’ which leads me to think that the BBC have decided to be opportunistic and use the Chelsea situation to hype a new anti-City angle.

They provide only City’s response to the original documents and give no indication they have contacted the club for further comment - which surely they would at least try if this was new information. The whole tone of the article is full of speculation and open to (mis)interpretation. The comments about the City lawyer’s reaction for example - this could be construed as a ‘guilty’ response or a genuinely shocked realisation that the letter/offer could be seen as having breached rules.

Overall the tone is simply one of “we’ll just drop this thinly researched, vague story with conflated timelines out there and see what happens”

Total stitch up job IMO by the hacks at the BBC hoping to stir the sh1t.

Are City playing in a final tomorrow? :yawning:

Hmmmmm :unsure: It’s unclear. I can’t think so or there surely would have been more positive publicity about the event rather than a negative piece like this. No. Can’t be happening. I mean clubs get accused of ‘disrespecting the cup’ at the drop of a hat. The national broadcaster surely wouldn’t stoop to ignoring the first domestic cup final of the season involving two of the countries top clubs?

The mail lead with City you are next with a threat coming allegedly from UEFA, I am sure as with Chelsea City will appeal any form of sanction.

Should we be worried about whether the club has violated any rules or more concerned about the medias' reaction to it? Hopefully we are innocent - free the City franchise!!!!

Should we be worried about whether the club has violated any rules or more concerned about the medias' reaction to it? Hopefully we are innocent - free the City franchise!!!!

It is difficult to say because, in the Chelsea saga, the FA has also been fined and both these organisations are to appeal the decision and again I assume that City will strongly defend this latest publication and have released a statement, part of which City say is an organised effort to tarnish the name of City

The Manchester Evening News has printed City's statement

“’We will not be providing any comment on out-of-context materials purported to have been hacked or stolen from City Football Group and Manchester City personnel and associated people. The attempt to damage the Club’s reputation is organised and clear.’”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...er-news/man-city-news-transfers-live-15875243

If we have done wrong, no doubt the media pile on will intensify into the stratosphere. However I believe in the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise, and CFG are more than prepared to defend themselves and their reputation.

From the Independent:
In a statement which detailed Chelsea’s ban from registering new players until July 2020, Fifa added: “The Football Association was also found to have breached the rules in connection with minors.
“It was fined CHF 510,000 and given a period of six months to address the situation concerning the international transfer and first registration of minors in football.”

I still don’t know what that’s supposed to mean.

From the Independent:
In a statement which detailed Chelsea’s ban from registering new players until July 2020, Fifa added: “The Football Association was also found to have breached the rules in connection with minors.
“It was fined CHF 510,000 and given a period of six months to address the situation concerning the international transfer and first registration of minors in football.”

I still don’t know what that’s supposed to mean.

If the Club has gone to the FA and they have said yes you are in the clear to sign these players, then surely the club cannot be held at fault if the FA have cleared the transfers.

It is odd that both club and governing body have been fined, because again if City have asked the FA to ratify the transfer, what is the club expected to say then.

It is like punishing the son for the sins of the father