Dennis Mortimer Hits 67! | Vital Football

Dennis Mortimer Hits 67!

Same age as me. Dont feel so old now. Absolute class. Happy birthday Sir Dennis.

Looking back at that, and other examples from more than 20 years ago such as the Ron's first match which appeared on his thread a day or so ago, it strikes me good the players (whatever position they played) were in getting the ball in the net. Do modern players have a problem, or have defences got that much better?

Looking back at that, and other examples from more than 20 years ago such as the Ron's first match which appeared on his thread a day or so ago, it strikes me good the players (whatever position they played) were in getting the ball in the net. Do modern players have a problem, or have defences got that much better?
Hi
anyone who played in THE team was a hero, but Sir Dennis was a bit special
And of course, Doug couldn't wait to break that team up as it might hamper his investment. Could never understand why Doug didn't employ some of that great team. Sid was the only player l can remember employed by Doug. Younger fans won't appreciate how hard this squad was, both physically and mentally. Some of the clowns we've seen at the club since make me want to weep

Lifted the First division title and European Cup trophies . Never likely to be repeated by any other Villa captain.
Will always be my hewro.
Why are we villans so pessimistic? With the right leadership,our club can rejoin the elite of European football. It will take some years of course as we are a country mile behind several clubs at home, never mind the madrids,barcelonas and so on. Back in the late sixties,we were a music hall joke but a few years later we were champions of Europe. This pessimism is echoed by fans who doubt that we could fill out villa park in the premiership. If we can average 35000 now, surely even a reasonably decent team would justify a 50000 stadium. Come on you lions,we are Aston villa.