Democracy | Page 2 | Vital Football

Democracy

You might find that a new Scottish referendum on whether to leave the UK could still vote in favour of keeping with the union.

I saw a woman interviewed who voted leave. She said that she didn't like the French - no real reason obviously - and didn't think they like us. I suspect she was far from a lone voice, which is very worrying.

I can't see a second Scottish vote happening until after the UK has finished it's negotiations with the EU - two exit negotiations if the Scots vote out will be undesirable.

The SNP argument will be weaker the next time (based upon what is happening now). They said they would continue to use the Pound and use the Bank of England as lender of last resort - probably due to concerns about the Euro being a harder sell. Would an independent Scotland want a devalued currency of a non-EU country? Not a chance so would they be happy to use the Euro?

And then you have the sharp fall of oil prices since the last vote. Oil sales was going to pay for everything.....

The SNP also claimed they would get 10% share of the rebate that the UK enjoyed last time but that probably won't be an option this time. Scotland wouldn't inherit any of the vetos that the UK prior negotiated.

The only definite argument is the one of gaining self governance and sovereignty which is, as some on here have pointed out, is fundamentally xenophobic in principle.

Under who's permission would they continue to use the pound if they left the UK?

Sorry, but I see the Scots as far better thinking people than the Doris thinks her 'fellow' people assumes they are!