Democracy in the UK... | Page 43 | Vital Football

Democracy in the UK...

I don't know you but I've been exploring a theory that your regular assertions of superiority, always being correct with no allowance for the possibility of anyone else having a valid point are indicative of narcissistic behaviour?

I've also considered that the constant recourse to personal abusive language and repeated untruths along the lines of 'you haven't answered my question' when it invariably has been (whilst often not answering questions yourself) are consistent with being a gas lighter?

So actually on this occasion you are quite right I wasn't the honest broker. I did play you to see if you would react as expected to the reasonable point about whether white actors should play historical black characters and vice versa and you did.

So I make no apologies for not being the honest broker on this occasion and I'm actually making a deliberate point. Don't assume you are always right and don't assume I am as stupid as you like to think I am; I'm not.

If you are a gas lighter it is sensible not to censor you nor will you find me making any complaints about your conduct. If you are a narcissist then what I'm about to say will not make any difference but I have now assessed your character over a period of time and as much as I need to so:

I enjoy debating subjects with other people that do not share my views as it can be thought provoking and at times even fun. Many of those people make robust, even heated counter arguments and give me food for thought and on occasion cause me to reconsider my own position. However they do it without recourse to inane and juvenile outbursts. If they can do it then it is reasonable to expect the same from you.

Feel free to engage in honest debate and by all means some good natured jibes.

I won't be responding any more to personal abuse and will end the conversation if you do BUT I will not be putting you on ignore.

I won't be responding to any political references or questions you raise on the main football board but will be happy to continue a civilised debate on this board where appropriate.

Personally it matters not whether you engage or don't and if you choose to resort to personal insults that is a reflection on yourself and I am quite happy for people to see the nature of that.

I welcome other people's point of view and will express my own but I will do it in a civilised nature.

Finally, it's not a competition or popularity contest Notty and it really doesn't matter if people think I am wrong and you are right.

Hi Hully. Simple question: have you ever voted for the BNP? Yes or no?

Well yes it is a simple a question and one I am happy to answer. NO and nor will I ever vote for them, National Front, Communist party and so on.

That took a while. Not sure I believe you, though. It took a bit of time to get the courage up to lie, didn't it?

So, Hully. Have you ever supported, been a member of or voted for the BNP or similar English nationalist/fascist organisationts?

Let's try to be honest here, eh?

So, Hully. Have you ever supported, been a member of or voted for the BNP or similar English nationalist/fascist organisationts?

Let's try to be honest here, eh?

You would appear not to have read #840 on this thread which I was formulating while you were initially going on about the BNP.

It's only fair to bring it to your attention so you are aware of my position and then I've drawn a line under whether I opt to respond or not to anything you post.

I did also forgot to mention I won't be engaging in PM's due to the previous abusive content. If you have anything to say make it public.

Perhaps we should both reflect that our behaviour has become toxic and at times puerile. People quite understandably are expressing their frustration at the comments on the main board in particular and it reflects badly on us. It's time we took the hint and respected the other users.

Well, I put you on ignore, Hully, but you kept responding to my posts, regardless. Just put me on ignore and don't respond to my posts and we can blithely sail past each other without a care in the world.

I'm certainly not going to stop posting about the absurdity of Brexit and your weird brand of English right-wing nationalism that is strongly associated with it, so the choice is yours.

Strange, but I thought it was already illegal. Had no idea that using them to browse the internet was viewed as different to dialling a call.
Just proves, the law continues to be an ass!

A case of not keeping up with the technology, I think.

Absolutely. One effect of Brexit will be Scottish independence and the distinct possibility of a united Ireland.

Now, nothing intrinsically wrong with either outcome but it makes you wonder if the Conservative and Unionist Party (full name) might need re-branding.

It will, of course, mean that deluded English nationalism will be even more of a force in the rump-UK.
I'm watching Wales with interest too. I can see a strong move for independence appearing in the not-too-distant future.

It's the Express, what do you expect? (See anyone can just dismiss a source, it's so easy..)

Ha ha, true but that's why I tolerate all the Granuid guff otherwise I couldn't get away with linking stuff from a pro Brexit paper (even though it is now owned by The Mirror Group). It could have been worse, a link from The Sun or Mirror.

Sadly The Times (possibly the most moderate mainstream paper, I've not read it for a while?) and Telegraph are behind a paywall so credit The Gran for being a broadsheet that isn't. I suppose it has to get it's indoctrination out to the masses somehow though.

As for The Mail......actually since the change in editor it has taken a step away from the very hard right and it's quite amusing seeing some of the comments column from their dedicated readership that haven't quite caught up with that reality yet.

Ha ha, true but that's why I tolerate all the Granuid guff otherwise I couldn't get away with linking stuff from a pro Brexit paper (even though it is now owned by The Mirror Group). It could have been worse, a link from The Sun or Mirror.

Sadly The Times (possibly the most moderate mainstream paper, I've not read it for a while?) and Telegraph are behind a paywall so credit The Gran for being a broadsheet that isn't. I suppose it has to get it's indoctrination out to the masses somehow though.

As for The Mail......actually since the change in editor it has taken a step away from the very hard right and it's quite amusing seeing some of the comments column from their dedicated readership that haven't quite caught up with that reality yet.

Still supporting the denial of food to kids during an epidemic? What kind of a right-wing sociopath are you?

Still supporting the denial of food to kids during an epidemic? What kind of a right-wing sociopath are you?
You've lost me completely, I have no idea what you are on about. Please feel free to identify what you are referring to and provided it's not accompanied with insults, narcissism and attempted gas lighting I shall endeavour to calm your fevered brow.
If you can't clarify in a civil manner don't be upset if I sail on blithely by.

Last edited: