Democracy in the UK... | Page 80 | Vital Football

Democracy in the UK...

HoofGrantBrown

Vital Squad Member
Yes, read that yesterday.
She's been fishing minister since last February. Yet thinks it ok to totally ignore her job and the entire UK fishing industry and put a silly tinsel trail first.

As Notty says, anyone else, in any occupation, would lose their job.
Instead she'll probably get a promotion from Boris for being extra useless and doubtless end up a Baroness in due course too.

Sincilbanks

Vital 1st Team Regular
Yes, read that yesterday.
She's been fishing minister since last February. Yet thinks it ok to totally ignore her job and the entire UK fishing industry and put a silly tinsel trail first.

As Notty says, anyone else, in any occupation, would lose their job.
Instead she'll probably get a promotion from Boris for being extra useless and doubtless end up a Baroness in due course too.
If you look at her voting record she's a Tory puppet, climbing the ladder by voting with the government almost exclusively (apart from voting against delaying Withdrawal)

https://www.publicwhip.org.uk/mp.php?id=uk.org.publicwhip/member/41740&showall=yes

MaineRoad_96

Vital 1st Team Regular
Wouldn’t it be great if someone had the guts to stand up and say ‘this is what I voted for and I’m willing to defend this deal because X and Y are the benefits’. I’d have marginally more respect for them if they did. But we know from this thread they have neither the intelligence nor backbone to do any such thing.

MaineRoad_96

Vital 1st Team Regular
What did she expect? I never could understand Labour idiots that got behind the Tory rich boy disaster capitalist plot that is Brexit
In her case it’s because she’s as thick as mince. I always chuckle when Brexiteers get all sensitive about people calling them stupid - if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, the chances are it’s a duck.

Sincilbanks

Vital 1st Team Regular
What did she expect? I never could understand Labour idiots that got behind the Tory rich boy disaster capitalist plot that is Brexit
Perhaps she thought she could simply wish the Good Friday agreement away, perhaps she simply forgot the Good Friday agreement existed, it is Ireland after all...