Democracy in the UK... | Page 42 | Vital Football

Democracy in the UK...

hulloutpost

Vital Football Hero
About as good as your math or did you think the 400 figure was one I randomly made up :rolleyes:

I find thinly veiled delight at the prospect of violence a little sad and immature to be candid.

Being frank it's about as likely as all the right wing nutters that threaten untold regime change when they don't get their own way. There's probably a few more left wing loons out there and no doubt the comrades will have a little war council and send out the usual suspects to wreak and stir up some localised violence in already depressed inner city areas. Meanwhile all the residents in areas that the rads are so hyped up about will be cutting their lawns and washing their cars.

There will be some 'peaceful' marches in the big cities and localised towns that will turn violent - I live in Manchester city centre but the only reason I know they take place there is because the media do their best to hype it up. Can't say I've ever been unable to nip to the shops or sneak my car past extinction rebellion in the past.

There will be a bit of looting, arson and completely pointless damage. Then it will get cold or rain and apart from a few comrades all the locals will slope off back to watch Sky on their newly acquired TV sets.

Insurance will then pay out with the building industry and shop fitters receiving a boost to the economy. What proportion of GDP is generated from crime related activities I wonder? Sadly probably higher than the fishing industry I dare say.

Thereafter the pathetic left and right will hold their juvenile debriefs and continue to taunt one another on their obscure websites about how they 'stuck it to the man' and out did the other lot.

Legends (in their own mind) will be born, tales will be told and come Monday morning the deluded few will slope off back to university (and that's just the lecturers*), their nice office job in the city or sign on leaving half a dozen rads. to move off to some god forsaken anti fracking shelter, drinking tea over a brazier in the arse end of nowhere.......until the next great revolution eh.

Pathetic and pointless in equal measure.

*Humour alert. it's only a joke - sensible mature university lecturers are also available.

NottyImp

Vital Football Legend
About as good as your math or did you think the 400 figure was one I randomly made up :rolleyes:

I find thinly veiled delight at the prospect of violence a little sad and immature to be candid.

Being frank it's about as likely as all the right wing nutters that threaten untold regime change when they don't get their own way. There's probably a few more left wing loons out there and no doubt the comrades will have a little war council and send out the usual suspects to wreak and stir up some localised violence in already depressed inner city areas. Meanwhile all the residents in areas that the rads are so hyped up about will be cutting their lawns and washing their cars.

There will be some 'peaceful' marches in the big cities and localised towns that will turn violent - I live in Manchester city centre but the only reason I know they take place there is because the media do their best to hype it up. Can't say I've ever been unable to nip to the shops or sneak my car past extinction rebellion in the past.

There will be a bit of looting, arson and completely pointless damage. Then it will get cold or rain and apart from a few comrades all the locals will slope off back to watch Sky on their newly acquired TV sets.

Insurance will then pay out with the building industry and shop fitters receiving a boost to the economy. What proportion of GDP is generated from crime related activities I wonder? Sadly probably higher than the fishing industry I dare say.

Thereafter the pathetic left and right will hold their juvenile debriefs and continue to taunt one another on their obscure websites about how they 'stuck it to the man' and out did the other lot.

Legends (in their own mind) will be born, tales will be told and come Monday morning the deluded few will slope off back to university (and that's just the lecturers*), their nice office job in the city or sign on leaving half a dozen rads. to move off to some god forsaken anti fracking shelter, drinking tea over a brazier in the arse end of nowhere.......until the next great revolution eh.

Pathetic and pointless in equal measure.

*Humour alert. it's only a joke - sensible mature university lecturers are also available.
You love setting arbritrary time limits, don't you? So you can somehow artificially section off parts of history that don't suit your weird English narrative.

You need to look at that, it isn't very bright and shows literally zero understanding of history and politics over time.

As to the rest of your rant: keep taking the medication or lay off the mushrooms, whichever works.

I mean, I'm weird but you're proper nuts.

hulloutpost

Vital Football Hero
So it's ok to break them if the consequences aren't likely to be catastrophic?
Not saying that. I'm content personally that this is an exception and justified on this rare occasion having mitigated in the wilful and deliberate provocation by The EU on third country status. I will re-iterate, this has not been enacted and will not be enacted if The EU act in good faith. Their call.

hulloutpost

Vital Football Hero
You love setting arbritrary time limits, don't you? So you can somehow artificially section off parts of history that don't suit your weird English narrative.

You need to look at that, it isn't very bright and shows literally zero understanding of history and politics over time.

As to the rest of your rant: keep taking the medication or lay off the mushrooms, whichever works.

I mean, I'm weird but you're proper nuts.
On the subject of The English Civil War can I heartily recommend the upstairs room in Ye Olde White Hart in Hull's old town. The upstairs room is where the good burgers of Hull met to discuss plans preventing Charles I entry to the city via The Beverley Gate.

Fantastic real ales and the room has been barely touched in the last 400 years give or take :yes:

NottyImp

Vital Football Legend
On the subject of The English Civil War can I heartily recommend the upstairs room in Ye Olde White Hart in Hull's old town. The upstairs room is where the good burgers of Hull met to discuss plans preventing Charles I entry to the city via The Beverley Gate.

Fantastic real ales and the room has been barely touched in the last 400 years give or take :yes:
I love history. It makes us what we are. But it's a continuous spectrum from pre-history right through to the last second.

Your arbritrary chosen divisions are meaningless, tendentious and partisan.

The English actually have a perfectly respectable radical history that doesn't match your narrative at all.

The diggers, the ranters, the levellers, the
chartists, the suffragetrs and many other movements.

That's my England as much as anything else.

hulloutpost

Vital Football Hero
It can be a problem. My wife subscribed to Disney Plus a few months ago and liking a good musical she suggested watching Hamilton. I didn't do any research and to my embarrassment as it turned out I had no idea he was one of America's founding fathers.

I was thoroughly enjoying Act 1 and getting into what I assumed was a lively romp about the eminent role a group of African American pioneers had played in overthrowing Britain and Mad King George during The American War of Independence. Imagine my confusion when George Washington got name dropped. Cue some hasty Wiki work while the show was freeze framed and it all made sense.

NottyImp

Vital Football Legend
It can be a problem. My wife subscribed to Disney Plus a few months ago and liking a good musical she suggested watching Hamilton. I didn't do any research and to my embarrassment as it turned out I had no idea he was one of America's founding fathers.

I was thoroughly enjoying Act 1 and getting into what I assumed was a lively romp about the eminent role a group of African American pioneers had played in overthrowing Britain and Mad King George during The American War of Independence. Imagine my confusion when George Washington got name dropped. Cue some hasty Wiki work while the show was freeze framed and it all made sense.
Well, African Anericans probably would have if they hadn't been slaves at the time.

That's a pretty shitty post even by your standards, especially as George Washington was a slave owner.

So you can fuck off you racist ****.

hulloutpost

Vital Football Hero
I love history. It makes us what we are. But it's a continuous spectrum from pre-history right through to the last second.

Your arbritrary chosen divisions are meaningless, tendentious and partisan.

The English actually have a perfectly respectable radical history that doesn't match your narrative at all.

The diggers, the ranters, the levellers, the
chartists, the suffragetrs and many other movements.

That's my England as much as anything else.
Now be fair Notty you can't expect me to reference every political period or movement at once. I'm not going to reference Offa's Dyke if the point I'm making is there hasn't been bloody regime change in The UK for 400 years.

NottyImp

Vital Football Legend
As ever, you avoid every single point put to you.

I think anyone reading this will work out who the honest-broker is in this debate.

And it isn't you.

Sincilbanks

Vital 1st Team Regular
"I was thoroughly enjoying Act 1 and getting into what I assumed was a lively romp about the eminent role a group of African American pioneers had played in overthrowing Britain and Mad King George during The American War of Independence"

Wow, just wow...

HoofGrantBrown

Vital Reserves Team
What will be will be. You will struggle to find mass swathes of the Brexit electorate that would stand in the way of independence votes for Wales, NI or Scotland. That is the point of democracy right?

In fact I'm a little disappointed that the Scots haven't been granted a second referendum already to be perfectly honest. Part of the Good Friday agreement I believe is that the nationalist parties can trigger an independence referendum once they feel they will win it so over to them. Tbh I have no idea what the position with Wales is.

Their choice as far as I am concerned and should all or any of them choose to be independent they will be welcome to strike their own deals with or without the UK, put up their own borders if they wish and join The EU if that organisation are prepared to take any more net recipients.

If EIRE wish to take on the funding of NI, likewise the Scots or EU replace the Barnett formula and Wales do whatever; that should absolutely be in their remit.

Conversely if any or all parts of The UK wish to remain part of a union by choice then they absolutely should be welcome to do so. It would be highly hypocritical of a post Brexit nation to not heed others calls for sovereignty so I do wish BoJo would get on with Ref2 ASAP for starters.

The federalists will take great delight in seeing the UK diminished whereas most of the plebs that remain in The UK won't give a flying one and I'm not really bothered if it pees off a few unionist politicians or minority that don't want to leave. Like I say democracy.
Well said.
And it is written in NI agreement thing that they can even have a referendum every 7 years. So Scotland certainly due another one (especially as things are extremely different to before).
Wales doesn't seem to have much rights at all.

hulloutpost

Vital Football Hero
As ever, you avoid every single point put to you.

I think anyone reading this will work out who the honest-broker is in this debate.

And it isn't you.
I don't know you but I've been exploring a theory that your regular assertions of superiority, always being correct with no allowance for the possibility of anyone else having a valid point are indicative of narcissistic behaviour?

I've also considered that the constant recourse to personal abusive language and repeated untruths along the lines of 'you haven't answered my question' when it invariably has been (whilst often not answering questions yourself) are consistent with being a gas lighter?

So actually on this occasion you are quite right I wasn't the honest broker. I did play you to see if you would react as expected to the reasonable point about whether white actors should play historical black characters and vice versa and you did.

So I make no apologies for not being the honest broker on this occasion and I'm actually making a deliberate point. Don't assume you are always right and don't assume I am as stupid as you like to think I am; I'm not.

If you are a gas lighter it is sensible not to censor you nor will you find me making any complaints about your conduct. If you are a narcissist then what I'm about to say will not make any difference but I have now assessed your character over a period of time and as much as I need to so:

I enjoy debating subjects with other people that do not share my views as it can be thought provoking and at times even fun. Many of those people make robust, even heated counter arguments and give me food for thought and on occasion cause me to reconsider my own position. However they do it without recourse to inane and juvenile outbursts. If they can do it then it is reasonable to expect the same from you.

Feel free to engage in honest debate and by all means some good natured jibes.

I won't be responding any more to personal abuse and will end the conversation if you do BUT I will not be putting you on ignore.

I won't be responding to any political references or questions you raise on the main football board but will be happy to continue a civilised debate on this board where appropriate.

Personally it matters not whether you engage or don't and if you choose to resort to personal insults that is a reflection on yourself and I am quite happy for people to see the nature of that.

I welcome other people's point of view and will express my own but I will do it in a civilised nature.

Finally, it's not a competition or popularity contest Notty and it really doesn't matter if people think I am wrong and you are right.