Dele makes a statement | Page 8 | Vital Football

Dele makes a statement

It won't happen. I know that but it's what I'd want. If anyone is curious, I'd cut:

Gazza
Dier
Alder
Aurier
Doherty
Sanchez
Davies
Ndombele
Moura
Bergy
Lamela

Lloris has a year left but good to have a senior pro around the place.

Kane can go if anything over £120mill offered.

I'd be happy to let Winks go too. Don't understand the love for him but he's home grown so didn't make the list. I don't think Rodon or Clarke are the requisite quality either but along with Alli, they have a season to prove themselves.

It's a good list. Gazza has already left along with Rose and Foyth.

Not sure whether you missed Sissoko or whether you want him to stay. I'd drive him to the airport myself.

I'm still curious about Tanguy and Berg. It's not on my agenda to get rid of too many of the younger guys. They need a rest, a quick flash of the Jose neuralyzer gun and a full pre-season behind them under Nuno.

Now where do we find some buyers?

It's a good list. Gazza has already left along with Rose and Foyth.

Not sure whether you missed Sissoko or whether you want him to stay. I'd drive him to the airport myself.

I'm still curious about Tanguy and Berg. It's not on my agenda to get rid of too many of the younger guys. They need a rest, a quick flash of the Jose neuralyzer gun and a full pre-season behind them under Nuno.

Now where do we find some buyers?

This is why I didn't add Sissoko. I assumed no-one, other than us, would be stupid enough to buy him.

It won't happen. I know that but it's what I'd want. If anyone is curious, I'd cut:

Gazza
Dier
Alder
Aurier
Doherty
Sanchez
Davies
Ndombele
Moura
Bergy
Lamela

Lloris has a year left but good to have a senior pro around the place.

Kane can go if anything over £120mill offered.

I'd be happy to let Winks go too. Don't understand the love for him but he's home grown so didn't make the list. I don't think Rodon or Clarke are the requisite quality either but along with Alli, they have a season to prove themselves.

Apparently Dier, Doherty and Sanchez have all been made available to sell, according to Talksport !!

We've shifted 4 or 5 already so that's a start at least. It's looking increasingly likely a couple will land this week or early next, so i'm happy enough with that.

4 or 5?

I saw Rose and Gazza walk for free and Foyth's loan converted from last year's negotiation. A couple of U23's released. Table stakes stuff.

Who have we actually shifted as we stare down the barrel of August?

What else can it be after last years total debacle?

I was warning this could happen back when so many here were fooling themselves because we fleetingly were top of the league.

I didn't like being right, but for those who see the bigger picture of our play, it was absolutely obvious the mess he was leading us into.
EX totally true, I hold my hands for being one of those fools, and you are so right that I as other fools like myself did start to see the bigger picture, I think we had Spurs tinted glasses on, lol!

But for now it is a confident new beginning for the club and the players themselves, I honestly believe we will witness the new beginning.

He seriously needs to go while there is some sort of value for him.

If he stays we've got to put up with another piss poor season from him and him taking one of the key roles in the team, sell for £20m and with Paratici here he is more than capable of finding someone for a similar price to replace him.

If he stays we've got to put up with another piss poor season from him and him taking one of the key roles in the team, sell for £20m and with Paratici here he is more than capable of finding someone for a similar price to replace him.

I don't agree from a footballing perspective, but even if I did, how do we navigate the homegrown quota if we let these types of squad players leave? It's also easy to build a similar case for Winks and Davies whilst we know Hart is a stop gap signing. Then there is Kane, who we all expect to leave.

When you think we can only have 17 non-homegrown players and the rest of our squad need to be made up of homegrown or free-pick U21's. It is not as if we've seen a single link to a homegrown purchase either.

Next season we are going to be low on players that can score goals.

Sell Dele who will score?

Son and Dele are must keeps for next season. There is nobody else I see that will get double figures in goals.

Son and Dele are must keeps for next season. There is nobody else I see that will get double figures in goals.

Nuno is supposedly going to set us up to play the opposite of how Jose set us up i.e. being totally defensive and playing on the break - if we play on the front foot we'll need a creative who can do the unexpected and play between the lines and take the half chances as they come - he is absolutely ideally suited to play this role.

He's spent almost all the summer at a training camp in Dubai; he's done it to regain confidence in his body and to be in top condition.

For anyone that ever played the game at any decent level, you have to trust you body, even if it's just to be committed to getting fit again.

Once you've achieved that, touch and form slowly but surely come back.

If that happens with Dele, he'll soon be picking up the accolades again - becasue he'll be scoring and setting them up for whoever we have left!

Getting rid of him now would be crass stupidity. Getting rid of him if he doesn't step up would be supported by everyone and who would care less if we got £44 mill for him (which is what psg's loan to buy proposal was) or £10 mill..? By then it simply couldn't matter, all it would do is depress the profits we made from him.

What makes you think he will get double figures? He hasn't got double figures in goals in 4 years, in fact he has scored 19 goals in his last 3 seasons (13 in the league) in 105 appearances, 3 of which were against farmers last season.

There is literally no reason to believe he will be any better this season, I hope I'm wrong (and I have been a few times before ;)) but I just can't see it.

Like I've said many times before in a great team where we're blowing teams away scoring 3+ goals most games like we were a few years ago he's a great player to have but when the going gets tough he goes missing most of the time. We ain't good enough to have a luxury player like him in the team anymore.

What makes you think he will get double figures? He hasn't got double figures in goals in 4 years, in fact he has scored 19 goals in his last 3 seasons (13 in the league) in 105 appearances, 3 of which were against farmers last season.

There is literally no reason to believe he will be any better this season, I hope I'm wrong (and I have been a few times before ;)) but I just can't see it.

Like I've said many times before in a great team where we're blowing teams away scoring 3+ goals most games like we were a few years ago he's a great player to have but when the going gets tough he goes missing most of the time. We ain't good enough to have a luxury player like him in the team anymore.

Who would be creating from midfield if it isn't him? 'luxury' players' - who and where are they?!

In all competitions he gets into double figures more often than not.

He didn't last season as he was barely played.

If he is a regular I am confident he will get over 10 goals.