Dele makes a statement | Page 7 | Vital Football

Dele makes a statement

1. Great I'll not do any work today but tell my boss I'm working hard. Because what you say is more important than what you do.

2. I blame Levy and no-one else for the last 2 years.

3. Dele isn't even in the same conversation as kane. Moura and winks are both mediocre but try.

4. Again with the kane bashing. The guy with the most goals and assists in the league. This forum is insane for Son and kane haters. Never have I seen such a glaring example of groupthink.

On your 3rd point, it was Kane that only got 4 assists in 2021. It was Kane that just dropped deep and let himself get marked out of the game as he refused to be mobile and put in the shift. He still came alive in the box though and did the business with goals.

The sad thing is, Dele and Kane work so well together. Harry can play the false 10 when Dele has been pulling teams apart when he is selected to play there. It is a surprise factor, especially when Dele then moves into the false 9 and gets the goals. Jose made a problem where there wasn't one. He just had to get the pair of them ticking along together again. Dele had 8 goals in Jose's first 8 games. We all thought he'd figured it and then Jose went all toxic on Dele.

First thing Mason did, was put the pair of them back together again in their rightful positions. Dele picked up 2 or 3 MoM's.

If you asked Kane who he'd want playing 10 behind him, I'm pretty certain it would be Dele.

Let's just bash our best players and servants continually and then hail dele as our saviour! 🤣

Utterly bonkers.
Kane & Son receive all the plaudits so it's only natural when things go wrong they cop the brunt of it from fans. It's the nature of the beast i'm afraid.

I've been an avid supporter of Hugo over the years & yet the criticism he's received has been nothing short of extraordinary. Each to their own.

Dele much like Son is a frustrating one. Both are extremely talented individuals & yet both are on totally different paths at the moment. Dele has no more time on his side, he simply has to deliver. It's clearly make or break for him here.

Kane & Son receive all the plaudits so it's only natural when things go wrong they cop the brunt of it from fans. It's the nature of the beast i'm afraid.

I've been an avid supporter of Hugo over the years & yet the criticism he's received has been nothing short of extraordinary. Each to their own.

Dele much like Son is a frustrating one. Both are extremely talented individuals & yet both are on totally different paths at the moment. Dele has no more time on his side, he simply has to deliver. It's clearly make or break for him here.

You're right. No more excuses. Deliver or go.

On your 3rd point, it was Kane that only got 4 assists in 2021. It was Kane that just dropped deep and let himself get marked out of the game as he refused to be mobile and put in the shift. He still came alive in the box though and did the business with goals.

The sad thing is, Dele and Kane work so well together. Harry can play the false 10 when Dele has been pulling teams apart when he is selected to play there. It is a surprise factor, especially when Dele then moves into the false 9 and gets the goals. Jose made a problem where there wasn't one. He just had to get the pair of them ticking along together again. Dele had 8 goals in Jose's first 8 games. We all thought he'd figured it and then Jose went all toxic on Dele.

First thing Mason did, was put the pair of them back together again in their rightful positions. Dele picked up 2 or 3 MoM's.

If you asked Kane who he'd want playing 10 behind him, I'm pretty certain it would be Dele.

I refute the claim that kane doesn't put a shift in. I believe it comes down to how knackered he is from being overplayed and relied on constantly with only 1 player consistently pushing on (Son).

He ended his first season under Jose injured but performing well. Second season, Jose went full defensive Jose on us - and it's clear he saw no role for Dele when he set us up so Kane dropped deeper and deeper to be the creative - which for half a season worked exceptionally well until everyone figured us out - and the stats show that story in spades.

So 'shit' in this case is out of context; training was not high intensity (I'd reported this last season after a private game of golf with one of our players - which has since been reported by no less than the chief writer at the Telegraph) training sessions were ALL about tactical defensive formations.

Dele wasn't 'shit' he was just sidelined, for whatever reasons that smug special one decided - and anyone that looks at it can see why. Dele bends to no one, whether we like it or not, the lad just wants to play as he knows best and under Jose, he couldn't do that.

Let's see how he reacts to a different direction this season and then judge him.

You playing golf with one of our players?

Are you Gary Neville?😉

I refute the claim that kane doesn't put a shift in. I believe it comes down to how knackered he is from being overplayed and relied on constantly with only 1 player consistently pushing on (Son).

I think Kanes ankles have played part in Kanes lower mileage work.

I did see a stat of Kanes mileage per game last season and it was compared to his 2017 season.

It was lower.

Let's face it Dele is better than Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Lucas , Bergwinj. I would say he is better than Ndombele and Lo Celso aswell.

That makes him a 1st 11 player.

He drives me mad though. He just needs to keep things simple and work hard. If he does that he will get double figures with goals no problem.

Let's face it Dele is better than Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Lucas , Bergwinj. I would say he is better than Ndombele and Lo Celso aswell.

That makes him a 1st 11 player.

He drives me mad though. He just needs to keep things simple and work hard. If he does that he will get double figures with goals no problem.

His talent is better. His application is lower.

His talent is better. His application is lower.
He has got JJ written all over him.
He will be complaing that he didn't reach his potential when he has retired.
All the social media nonsense his PR team churn out means sweet FA.
Fact of the matter is that his endorsement value has plummeted in recent years. I suspect that's of more concern to him than playing for us.

That is definitely one component of it.

I remember a fixture weekend last year. It was when Vini was playing ahead of Kane who was formally in the 10 role. That weekend De Bruyne and Thiago played for their clubs in the attacking midfield role. They both had between 90 and 100 touches of the ball in 90 mins. Non stop movement and making themselves available to receive the ball as you'd expect from the guy that makes things happen. Switching from left to right, not allowing themselves to be constrained by their opposition by staying central.

Kane had just over 40 touches in our game. He was kicked, fouled, cajoled and generally done a job on by our opposition. Still though, he just wouldn't get his legs moving and get around the park. Drove me crazy.

Again dele was crap for a year for mopo and in spite of some on here thinking he's the second coming, never did I see a display where I thought old dele was back.

And of course, we all ignored - as you do now, that he'd been played into the ground was constantly suffering one hammy string / soft tissue tear after another; a crystal clear sign he'd been overplayed and overworked.

But of course, we can say that about Harry, but not one of the PL's leading attacking midfielders, according to the stats.

And of course, we all ignored - as you do now, that he'd been played into the ground was constantly suffering one hammy string / soft tissue tear after another; a crystal clear sign he'd been overplayed and overworked.

But of course, we can say that about Harry, but not one of the PL's leading attacking midfielders, according to the stats.

Leading attacking midfielder?! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh my word. Is Dier a leading centre back too because he was good for 18 months?

Leading attacking midfielder?! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh my word. Is Dier a leading centre back too because he was good for 18 months?

I make a simple observation based on his year by year stats; of course, anyone can ignore the context since, that's easy, but I prefer to look at the whole picture.

As I said before and will repeat - this season will show if he's back, or not.

Until then, I know the talent he processes and how he can apply it when fully fit., and of course with the right direction and leadership around him.

I make a simple observation based on his year by year stats; of course, anyone can ignore the context since, that's easy, but I prefer to look at the whole picture.

As I said before and will repeat - this season will show if he's back, or not.

Until then, I know the talent he processes and how he can apply it when fully fit., and of course with the right direction and leadership around him.

I can only hope he is back. That's our season in a nutshell. Hope.

I can only hope he is back. That's our season in a nutshell. Hope.

What else can it be after last years total debacle?

I was warning this could happen back when so many here were fooling themselves because we fleetingly were top of the league.

I didn't like being right, but for those who see the bigger picture of our play, it was absolutely obvious the mess he was leading us into.

What else can it be after last years total debacle?

I was warning this could happen back when so many here were fooling themselves because we fleetingly were top of the league.

I didn't like being right, but for those who see the bigger picture of our play, it was absolutely obvious the mess he was leading us into.

At the time of the appointment, I was shocked. I didn't understand how it could happen and then I saw Levy grinning like a Cheshire cat. Pissed me right off.

I'd rather we got rid of 70% of our first team, cut the wages, blood our youngsters, finish midtable and have £ to invest next summer.

At the time of the appointment, I was shocked. I didn't understand how it could happen and then I saw Levy grinning like a Cheshire cat. Pissed me right off.

I'd rather we got rid of 70% of our first team, cut the wages, blood our youngsters, finish midtable and have £ to invest next summer.

70 % equates to around 18 of 27.
I can only see 8 going and that's doubtful.

70 % equates to around 18 of 27.
I can only see 8 going and that's doubtful.

It won't happen. I know that but it's what I'd want. If anyone is curious, I'd cut:

Gazza
Dier
Alder
Aurier
Doherty
Sanchez
Davies
Ndombele
Moura
Bergy
Lamela

Lloris has a year left but good to have a senior pro around the place.

Kane can go if anything over £120mill offered.

I'd be happy to let Winks go too. Don't understand the love for him but he's home grown so didn't make the list. I don't think Rodon or Clarke are the requisite quality either but along with Alli, they have a season to prove themselves.