Dele makes a statement | Page 3 | Vital Football

Dele makes a statement

I'll start the weakness list now which can be added to in the same way as his strengths.

Can lose possession by over elaborating.
Can be outmuscled on the ball.
Can be distracted by outside influences and make bad judgement calls.
Body language on the pitch sometimes gives away his frustration.

If you don't agree with any of these please feel free to comment.

Dele, Moura, Lamela and even Kane and Son to some extent hang onto the ball much too long and end up losing it and killing our attacks.

In Dele's case, the ball just seems to have an aversion to sticking to him.

I dont know how to list it but Dele has big match mentality which is a huge skill. You may not like some of his past incidents but no one takes liberties with him, he is the first to stand up for himself and team mates. He also knows when he is in a big game how to pull it out of the bag at the right time.

Its hard to put into words how important this is and how other teams have had players of this type kill us because they knew how important it was.

Dele, Moura, Lamela and even Kane and Son to some extent hang onto the ball much too long and end up losing it and killing our attacks.

In Dele's case, the ball just seems to have an aversion to sticking to him.

These are all attacking players in forward positions. They are operating in confined and pressured areas attempting sometimes marginal manoeuvres. I cut them some slack to an extent.

These are all attacking players in forward positions. They are operating in confined and pressured areas attempting sometimes marginal manoeuvres. I cut them some slack to an extent.

Them...I understand people want Dele to succeed but he loses the ball too much when a simple pass would retain possession.

The other two have zero vision. ZERO.

I dont know how to list it but Dele has big match mentality which is a huge skill. You may not like some of his past incidents but no one takes liberties with him, he is the first to stand up for himself and team mates. He also knows when he is in a big game how to pull it out of the bag at the right time.

Its hard to put into words how important this is and how other teams have had players of this type kill us because they knew how important it was.

I guess that is experience, which for his age he has lots of, he will not be nervous or overawed. I think it's fair to add experience as a strength.

As we used to call them in the play ground....he's a cocky bleeder!...until his wings got clipped.

When he arrived he did all the basic stuff well and added his flair to the game. However, once stardom hit, he was overlooking the basics (keep it moving) and became hooked on attempting flamboyant tricks/flicks. 50/50 whether they came off or not, but was jaw-dropping when it worked. Surely that (50/50) should've been picked up by the coaches, ironed out and managed because he was young enough to be coached. Poch just encouraged it and Jose was the other extreme.

What are his strengths. ?

Stamina and ground coverage.
Technique ( this might be debatable ) but not for me.
Football intelligence ( he sees the picture).
Can weight a pass.
Can be a cool finisher.
Movement.
Agility.
Good in the air
Tenacious.
Experience.

Please add to this, I'm sure there are more.

Then we can look at his weaknesses to see if they outweigh the strengths !!

The new strengths list

What are his strengths. ?

Stamina and ground coverage.
Technique ( this might be debatable ) but not for me.
Football intelligence ( he sees the picture).
Can weight a pass.
Can be a cool finisher.
Movement.
Agility.
Good in the air
Tenacious.
Experience.
Arrogance and flair.

Please add to this, I'm sure there are more.

Then we can look at his weaknesses to see if they outweigh the strengths !!

Updated strengths list.

His weaknesses are he isn't delivering on the strengths you have listed.

His main weaknesses are

Ball control
Holds onto the ball for to long
His passing at times is lazy
He doesn't have lots of speed or pace
Not great dribbling skills
His tenacious side can cloud his judgement.
Doesn't hold onto possession in the final 3rd very well

He has plenty of weaknesses hence why he hasn't been snapped up.