Dele makes a statement | Page 2 | Vital Football

Dele makes a statement

What are his strengths. ?

Stamina and ground coverage.
Technique ( this might be debatable ) but not for me.
Football intelligence ( he sees the picture).
Can weight a pass.
Can be a cool finisher.
Movement.

Please add to this, I'm sure there are more.

Then we can look at his weaknesses to see if they outweigh the strengths !!

He has very good mobility and agility when in full swing. I suppose that comes under movement but I class movement as an intelligent skill aswell as physical.

Can weight a pass.
Can be a cool finisher.
Movement.
Agility.

This is the updated list

His biggest weakness used to be doing the flicks and tricks in the wrong area of the pitch and giving up possession. Used to drive me crazy that he just wou;dn't just get the ball under and move it on quickly in deeper areas. Must admit though, I don't recall any of that in this last month. Perhaps we've had the breakthrough.

I think we can all agree he needs to improve his ball control, it's moreoften than not his first touch that lets him down, but then he's just as capable of a killer pass.

He has got to improve, and that can come from better fitness and then you find your form from your touch, it's that simple.

His movement is exceptional, especially when compared to the static crap that we've witnessed from the rest of the squad.
Precisely. As has been noted several times this season, even the likes of Kane couldn't find a pass 'cos of lack of movement, hence the delving and losing possession.

Then there was also the increased rigidity in our squad, i.e., fear of mistakes.

To be honest I like the lad, yes he has been iffy, but I think he has learned lessons, and it is visible he is on his way back, I believe after a summer with the new coach/manager, whom ever he is, we will see a new signing ready to go.

Can weight a pass.
Can be a cool finisher.
Movement.
Agility.
Good in the air
Tenacious.

This is the new list.