Dele Alli | Vital Football

Dele Alli

Won't be giving out any official updates until tomorrow - but the buzz from the club is that Alli's is a nothing knock..

If we don't get an official update by 4 p.m. tomorrow you can guarantee it's not good news.

Spursex - 12/3/2018 15:12

Won't be giving out any official updates until tomorrow - but the buzz from the club is that Alli's is a nothing knock..

If we don't get an official update by 4 p.m. tomorrow you can guarantee it's not good news.

Cheers.

Good news on Delli Ex.

I saw when he went down, and was a little worried. The no contact injuries always seem to be very bad.

"Danny and Dele were knocks and fatigue, not a problem" - Poch on official website. Trying to figure out which ones got fatigue and which ones got a knock :-)

muttley - 12/3/2018 18:39

"Danny and Dele were knocks and fatigue, not a problem" - Poch on official website. Trying to figure out which ones got fatigue and which ones got a knock :-)

Based on Dele's extracurricular activities I'd say he is fatigued.

80deg16minW - 12/3/2018 19:13

If my missus looked like his.

Nick Real Deal - 12/3/2018 19:29

If she did, you'd either be very rich or a footballer.... :10:

I always thought it was funny when a reporter asked Peter Crouch what he thought he would be if he hadn't been a footballer and he said " a virgin "

Spursex - 13/3/2018 10:18

And very tired.

Walthamstow wanderer - 13/3/2018 16:10

I always thought it was funny when a reporter asked Peter Crouch what he thought he would be if he hadn't been a footballer and he said " a virgin "

Cleary he is very self aware, and honest!

Nick Real Deal - 13/3/2018 16:12

And very tired.

:1: :1: :1:

Spursex - 13/3/2018 18:24

Nick Real Deal - 13/3/2018 16:12

And very tired.

:1: :1: :1:

Hope Levy doesn’t read these boards. He’ll start signing monks then.

80deg16minW - 13/3/2018 16:51

I sincerely hope we can hang onto him. X factor.

Hmm, not enough game-changing tools in his cupboard to be a frequent and good enough X-Factor player for me, indeed his X-Factor games, particularly this season, are all too few and far between. I reckon if we had stats for the number of open goals he’s missed it would probably make for a close comparison.

RichmondSpur - 13/3/2018 18:46

Hmm, not enough game-changing tools in his cupboard to be a frequent and good enough X-Factor player for me, indeed his X-Factor games, particularly this season, are all too few and far between. I reckon if we had stats for the number of open goals he’s missed it would probably make for a close comparison.

We obviously watch different games. He may not have scored in some situations where we thought he may have done , but the same can be said of Kane , Son , Eriksen and dare I mention his name for fear of retribution , lamella.
Somehow , I don't think that's what 80 was on about . But what do I know about the XFactor

Walthamstow wanderer - 13/3/2018 19:31

RichmondSpur - 13/3/2018 18:46

We obviously watch different games. He may not have scored in some situations where we thought he may have done , but the same can be said of Kane , Son , Eriksen and dare I mention his name for fear of retribution , lamella.
Somehow , I don't think that's what 80 was on about . But what do I know about the XFactor

We watch the same Spurs games, but you miss so much of the details. Alli’s X-Factor monumental moment in the Juve game last week came and went in the first half, but he lacked the required technique and skills to accomplish it. The ball came out of the sky perfectly onto his right foot with time and space to set himself just outside the D, but instead of striking the ball true and picking out the top corner, the ball hit his shin and trickled through to Buffon to put his cap on it and pick it up. Maybe now you have a clearer understanding of what it means to not have ‘good enough’ ‘tools in the cupboard’ to seize the moment & execute when it matters.

Oh yeah . Of course . Silly me . Thanks for pointing that out . If he had connected with the ball correctly would you then think he had the X factor ?
Unbelievable .

I must watch more carefully in future .

A very difficult technique to volley out the sky. Not sure what the percentage success rate is on average but it won't be very high.

So this begs the question.....is it the right choice. Dele certainly could have headed it to one of our players or possibly controlled the ball and passed it or shot off the ground. Playing the percentage game is something Dele could consider instead of trying the audacious. I don't want to see him shackled but it is worth watching for the future......did he take the right option ?