Dele Alli - Player Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

Dele Alli - Player Thread

Someone said on Twitter that Hennersey got away with a Nazi salute so will be typical double standards should Dele get banned. He apologised

I still don't get how he got away with that. Didn't he say he was waving and covering his mouth to shout ffs?!

So if the main plot was about Spurs losing to Chelsea and the Gio VAR controversy, then the subplot was surely about Dele's absence in the side. That is after the strop on Weds.

The "rested" argument isn't so strong unless his hammy is tight again. He was withdrawn early against Liepzig and didn't finish the Villa game. Whilst he didn't cover himself with glory in either, he surely couldn't have done worse than Ndombele in a deeper role with Winks and Gio in this one.

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens in the next couple with Dele. I can't help feeling we need him on top form if this season amounts to anything.

It wasn't Dele's first strop though, was it? He's done it two or three times when substituted recently although none so pronounced. I suspect Jose has had enough.

The thing is Dele never had any tough love under Poch. He was always an automatic pick irrespective of form. And on the rare occasions he was subsituted it was for fitness not form. So this is new territory for him.

But you're right, we do need him on top form and working in tandem with Jose.

The FA have finally charged the Spurs midfielder. Here’s their statement.
“Dele Alli has been charged with misconduct for a breach of FA Rule E3 in relation to a social media post.
“It is alleged that the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder’s post breaches FA Rule E3(1) as it was insulting and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute.
“It is further alleged that the post constitutes an “Aggravated Breach”, which is defined in FA Rule E3(2), as it included a reference, whether express or implied, to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin and/or nationality.
“He has until Thursday 5 March 2020 to provide a response. “

Aren't we all forgetting that Dele plays for Spurs. There will not be a moments hesitation in giving him a one match ban. Don't expect anyone at The FA to do us any favours.

Perhaps that will be the game where Parrott comes alive in the 1st team.

Under this rule , E3.2 Suarez was fined £40,000 and banned for 8 matches for his involvement against Evra . So clearly a ban is possible .
I don’t think for one minute the circumstances in this incident compare though .
Suarez refused to apologise for his alleged direct racist remarks , but as Muttley has said , this is Tottenham against the establishment !

Under this rule , E3.2 Suarez was fined £40,000 and banned for 8 matches for his involvement against Evra . So clearly a ban is possible .
I don’t think for one minute the circumstances in this incident compare though .
Suarez refused to apologise for his alleged direct racist remarks , but as Muttley has said , this is Tottenham against the establishment !
Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva was given a one-game ban and fined £50,000 by an FA commission in November for a charge under the same ruling. The fact that the FA have brought the charge suggests to me they intend banning him - hopefully just for the the one game.