Delays to posts | Vital Football

Delays to posts

Steve from Oz

Vital Football Legend
Been having a few never been seen before strange notifications come up on posting posts suddenly recently. Seems the server has slowed up at times.

- blank screen and unexpected error please try again - it took three goes to get onto City Talk this time
- you must wait nn seconds (this ones very annoying- why the delay?) and counts down
- we have encountered a problem please try again

Dont think it likes this post either - took off on its own and saved itself as a draft - didnt know you could even do that

So whats wrong - never had this sort of problem before.

I get that message that I have to wait xx amount of seconds between posts. I think it's like 15 seconds but count down is frustrating

I get the message between posts as well as preventing me from editing posts until X amount of time after.

Also the unexpected error message. So frustrating! Especially on a mobile phone (but does happen on desktop computer too)

1535700904237.jpeg

Hi Folks

Are users still getting the 'You must wait nn seconds' whilst attempting to post?

If so could you let me know if this is from a desktop or mobile and which browser you are using.

Not had this reported anywhere else (though not to say it's not happening elsewhere) so if it is peculiar to City Talk I should be able to spot it and hopefully fix it.

Vital Football Admin

Seems to happen when we all post at the same time , like when we have scored. Vital used to be able to cope with that back in the day , but not nowadays . That’s ‘progress’ for you

It is strange because I get it sometimes but as YB says I get it more during a game or when there are more of us in a discussion.

Hi Folks. This is most strange and very disappointing. As YB says, there were never any problems like this with the old software. Other forums e.g. Lincoln which has busy during-the-match posting have not reported this. Will adjust the 'flood' parameter to see if that helps but suspect this needs further research.

Apologies dear Canaries. We will get this sorted.

And whilst I am on.. if there are any other bugbears please mail support @ vitalfootball .co .uk and we will see what we can do.

Things like navigation.. colours... a banner to make this place feel like home etc.

Vital Football Admin

A banner would be nice, some kind of graphics or picture of the players/fans celebrating. I particularly liked the pic of the celebrations after the 4th goal went in v millwall! THe one with Tettey dancing :hmmm:

A banner would be nice, some kind of graphics or picture of the players/fans celebrating. I particularly liked the pic of the celebrations after the 4th goal went in v millwall! THe one with Tettey dancing :hmmm:

Hi NY, the only image of celebration against Millwall we have access to is below. Not the one you were after I suspect. If this is no good, are there any graphics gurus reading, who want to post a banner which could be used?

If not we at Vital will give it a crack.

Cheers

Andy (VF Admin)

NorwichCelebration.JPG

Been having a few never been seen before strange notifications come up on posting posts suddenly recently. Seems the server has slowed up at times.

- blank screen and unexpected error please try again - it took three goes to get onto City Talk this time
- you must wait nn seconds (this ones very annoying- why the delay?) and counts down
- we have encountered a problem please try again

Dont think it likes this post either - took off on its own and saved itself as a draft - didnt know you could even do that

So whats wrong - never had this sort of problem before.

Its because you are from the land Down Under! Your posts boomerang around abit. :wahey: :wahey: :wahey: