Defo top heavy | Page 5 | Vital Football

Defo top heavy

If we had a second referendum and the remainers won, that would make it 1-1 then what, another referendum? :shake:

Well at least if there was a second referendum people would hopefully have a clearer idea of what they are actually voting for and against this time and maybe there’d be less inclination to lie about the benefits and disadvantages as there’d be bound to be closer scrutiny.
Anyway, it’s already arguably 1-1. We voted to join in ‘75 although ironically I don’t think I did as I was a student and had about four different addresses that year and other things on my mind...much like the students (members of the electorate) today.

A second referendum on the terms of a deal may be less than satisfactory but it does seem increasingly likely. :yes:

Last edited:
Well at least if there was a second referendum people would hopefully have a clearer idea of what they are actually voting for and against this time and maybe there’d be less inclination to lie about the benefits and disadvantages as there’d be bound to be closer scrutiny.
Anyway, it’s already arguably 1-1. We voted to join in ‘75 although ironically I don’t think I did as I was a student and had about four different addresses that year and other things on my mind...much like the students (members of the electorate) today.

A second referendum on the terms of a deal may be less than satisfactory but it does seem increasingly likely. :yes:

I actually had two votes in that referendum, one residential and one postal. Being politically apathetic, rather than not voting, I used one to vote IN and the other to vote OUT.

Incidentally what makes you think that people would have any better idea what they were voting for in a 2nd referendum than in the first one. if anything it would be even more complex - Remain unchanged, soft brexit, hard brexit, a bit flaccid brexit, remain and roll over and have our tummy tickled, remain but have a few things promised to be changed.....

False news. More remainers propaganda

Well its an easy fact to check, if you think its false news! But I guess thats a trait of those who want to leave, lets ignore inconvenient facts and believe what suits- especially that big fat lie about £350 million per week going to the NHS instead of to the EU!

Its not that I ignore the lamentable fact that over 60% didn't vote, its that I am not the one claiming that Brexit is "The will of the People", when clearly it isn't.

As for propaganda by Remain, I've yet to see evidence of a coherent plan or actual facts about what Brexit will mean for the Uk from the leave side - and when a leading Brexiteer admits it could be 50 years before the UK sees the benefits - thats not remain propaganda, thats a prominent leave supporter!

As for the second referendum, well if the turnout was higher and the vote one way or another was clearer, why would there need to be third?

If we had a second referendum and the remainers won, that would make it 1-1 then what, another referendum? :shake:

It would mean no Brexit. Some people realising what a terrible mistake they had made and rectified the situation. End of story.

I actually had two votes in that referendum, one residential and one postal. Being politically apathetic, rather than not voting, I used one to vote IN and the other to vote OUT.

Incidentally what makes you think that people would have any better idea what they were voting for in a 2nd referendum than in the first one. if anything it would be even more complex - Remain unchanged, soft brexit, hard brexit, a bit flaccid brexit, remain and roll over and have our tummy tickled, remain but have a few things promised to be changed.....

That’s just weird...and illegal. :eek:

I accept that it’s more complex and correspondingly beyond many, possibly the majority, of the electorate which is why I’m opposed to referenda.
On the other hand, seeing as it’s become a national/media obsession for the last twenty five months people can hardly fail to be at least a little better informed.
There is also now no doubt that this really matters rather than being just another political/electoral bore chore as it was first time around.
I suspect those making claims on both sides will be held to greater account given all that has happened and that, imo, is a good thing. I wouldn’t, of course, expect the Brexitears to think likewise. The truth is not their friend.

- and when a leading Brexiteer admits it could be 50 years before the UK sees the benefits - thats not remain propaganda, thats a prominent leave supporter!

As for the second referendum, well if the turnout was higher and the vote one way or another was clearer, why would there need to be third?

Well we've been in Europe nearly 50years and seen no benefits, everyone can see it's a sinking ship, the EU knows it's failing and without our cash it'll sink even quicker
Once we're out we should be able to build this Country back up on a regular basis and all being well in the next 50 years the new generation living in a healthy and prosperous UK will realise that Brexit was the way to go.

You'll realise when it all comes to fruition that Brexit was the way to go,
making our Country a better place for the next generation!
Britain will never look back!!!.

Yes it will. It will wonder what life was like before the introduction of Brexit ration books. Also it will wonder what Brie and Camembert tasted like.

__Capxcqi Brexit 044.jpg

66% didn't vote to stay in, he said, stirring the pot. 63% didn't vote to leave. 52% of those who voted said go. 48% said stay. 30% or so didn't vote at all.

That makes about 257% who voted for a complete cock-up and, I have to admit, the governemnt's response perfectly reflects the vote.

Many a true word spoken in jest.

Well we've been in Europe nearly 50years and seen no benefits, everyone can see it's a sinking ship, the EU knows it's failing and without our cash it'll sink even quicker
Once we're out we should be able to build this Country back up on a regular basis and all being well in the next 50 years the new generation living in a healthy and prosperous UK will realise that Brexit was the way to go.
L

‘Seen no benefits’? We were doing fine. Consistently one of the top seven economies in the World. Not bad for a small island nation imo.

According to the Independent, estimates suggest we’ve lost £300m per week since the Referendum.

Comforting to know then that, as a Brexitear, you’re confident about us recovering from Brexit within just half a century. Pity everyone on here, and many of their children, will be long gone by then. A real vote winner that MoP...even my grandchildren will be in their fifties!

No benefits??? Where is the evidence for that? The Eu will evolve, but in truth what organisation run by humans is perfect?

You talk as if all we did was pay in and get nothing back, when over half of investment in industry is because we are in the EU and financial services which make up 70% of our economic activity is very dependent upon the EU - so its worth fucking up at least a couple generations lives in some vague hope that we will do better outside the EU - when its clear that the Uk is a small player in a world dominated by large countries and being in the EU is the only way we can exert power and influence?

Latest Rams News